Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Game has harsh weight limits, serious penalties for encumbrance (walking speed even on world map) and all its events is on time schedule.
I mean, P:K does everything in its power to motivate player to keep his obsessive looting in check.

Daidre

Arcane
It sets your difficulty to Custom and breaks all achievements for Challenging+, so this or death door is big no if you care about them.

purpleblob

Savant
Ah right. I personally don't really care about those achievements...

Wait, but I played with normal difficulty then turned off the slow movement speed on local map option - it didn't change my difficulty option to "custom"?

axedice

Cipher
Any talk about publisher pressure to release the game in an alpha stage? I get that the scope turned out to be larger than they had anticipated and the quality dropped accordingly, but they could've at least waited 3 more months for a semi-polished beta release. It's obvious that THQ Nordic wanted that sales figures for 3rd quarter

Daidre

Arcane
Wait, but I played with normal difficulty then turned off the slow movement speed on local map option - it didn't change my difficulty option to "custom"?
aQhi8iV.jpg
When I uncheck option about party speed game goes to Custom and it is switched off by default on normal. It took me some time to notice what options define difficulty and which are not though it marked right there on the screen.
All Kingdom options is not, so you can go Hard/Unfair + Effortless Kingdom and do not worry about cards DC.

purpleblob

Savant
Yeah, I just checked myself - it seems like party speed movement option is off by default for the normal difficulty. My bad.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Any talk about publisher pressure to release the game in an alpha stage? I get that the scope turned out to be larger than they had anticipated and the quality dropped accordingly, but they could've at least waited 3 more months for a semi-polished beta release. It's obvious that THQ Nordic wanted that sales figures for 3rd quarter
He said only good things about the publisher. Someone asked why they did not publish through mail.ru. The answer was: there were no spare money/time to do that and it was easier to find an outside publisher.

Oleg said their plan was to make a 40/80 hrs (main story/completionist) game. They got so carried away (it was a dream project for the guys) they made 60/120 hrs of content. This is what made it impossible to test and polish in the remaining time.

Last edited:

purpleblob

Savant
I love the game but still wish there were more varied content (esp. combat encounters) in chap 6 and 7. At least they addressed the Wild Hunt issue somewhat.

Monocause

Arcane
You don't understand a lot, seems you are dumb. The reason I have to loot all the shit is because that's how games traditionally work. If you don't loot all the shit, you get 100 hours into the game and need to buy something fancy but you are short on money because you didn't loot all the shit for the past 100 hours. Looting everything and then selling everything you can is the only smart and pro way to play an RPG. Any dev making an RPG should know that and design it accordingly.

I can remember only a few RPGs that made looting and selling everything worthwhile, and those RPGs had very scarce loot so scavenging of sorts was part of design. Most RPGs throw a lot of loot in your face and selling junk is worth it only in the opening hours. This is your thing, not following any proper 'traditions'. Don't blame other people and games for the fact you apparently can't restrain your habit.

Daidre

Arcane
I love the game but still wish there were more varied content (esp. combat encounters) in chap 6 and 7. At least they addressed the Wild Hunt issue somewhat.
Yes, House is rare example of dungeon for me when cramming 3(6) floors of content into one would do more good than harm for the game in general. At least, ch 7 is lot less annoying thanks to all dialogs/events there.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not that I noticed. I had the game just crash to desktop a few times (in 200h+) but that's it. Some combat effects and kingdom events (why the mood increases/decreases) are still missing descriptions. I don't think I've had a single quest-related bug in the entire game unless you count that one orc artisan quest but that might just be how it's supposed to go.
He asked me to kill the "witch" but the witch was an inquisitor so I told her where to find him, his quest failed and then... nothing. He just sat there in the village for the rest of the game, couldn't interact with him, but could still build or upgrade his workshop, no follow up of any kind to the situation

The game is also sometimes confused if some NPCs are dead or alive.
Like the Silverlake village hunter or the young rock trolls, but I think they've fixed the latter recently

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Indeed. Three feats at the cost of 1 level. I really wanted to use Fauchards - because of the Tripping focus, nice reach and great crit properties (=> melee combos): later on with Mastery, earlier with Serpent Prince, which is an awesome early-mid-game option.
Didn't have Martial, so needed to pick 2 feats in Kingmaker for Proficiency (guess that's wrong, but it seems Martial is needed here to pick an exotic one) +another one for Focus (required for Dazzling Display and I really wanted Shatter Defenses on all my melees). Or just 1 SS. Also +1 AC from Canny Defence. 1 BAB lost is somewhat mitigated by +1 Weapon enchantment (guess it will be useless with a +5 weapon though). Another nice bonus is that I can freely use Wands with magus spells without investing anything in UMD (can now use a lot of wands, either as Vivi or as SS) - Mirror Image proved very useful yesterday when fighting a level 31 daemon at level 13.
Guess there should be a caster level check... but its not implemented.

Last edited:

Incendax

Augur
Yes, House is rare example of dungeon for me when cramming 3(6) floors of content into one would do more good than harm for the game in general. At least, ch 7 is lot less annoying thanks to all dialogs/events there.
Agreed. Chapter 7 was actually coherent and built with some amount of love. Chapter 6 was disjointed mechanically and on a writing level. The perfect example would be Jubilost, Octavia, and Regongar. You are shown their dire situation, but then all of them basically say "It's cool. We solved it."

Really dig this game but ch6 and 7 are just bad. Final fight was 4 mediocre fights smashed together with only a thin coherence to them and all the wild hunt fights leading up to it were dull slogs with hp sponges. Kinda shocked, in a good way, that an enemy FINALLY fucking bothered to dispel my hyperbuffed super giants but it was too little too late. I'm also disappointed in how often it started to crash around that time as well.

None of that stopped me from instantly starting a new character though. Time to run a LE play through with full party gen so I can just play every build I want at once.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Found another winner:

Michael.petlicke
461.8 hrs

POSTED: 22 FEBRUARY
I would not recommend this game. There is a lot of great content scattered in the game, but it doesn't make up for the bugs (even after patch 1.2), unbalanced combat, sub par companions and romance options, and disappointing ending. Additionally, it killed the speakers on my wife's laptop when she downloaded it and even she, an IT professional, couldn't fix them. Avoid this game.
Another :prosper: from me for the time played and retarded wife.

Shadenuat

Arcane
HATEOT is just bad dungeon. Poor layout, poor encounters, not very good quests, could use more interactions with NPCs. Loot also breaks apart due to JRPG trader.

I can't say I like Ch7 that much more, yeah C&C from whole game is cute, but only fun gameplay is killing million Irovettis and final boss.

Oh, that's a good point. I had a riot killing 100 shitty Irovettis but that's because I wanted to kill him that many times the first time around. What a smug prick. It was a nice touch that the different archetypes had different titles too (irovetti the invincible, etc.)

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Looks like we'll have some news about the second DCL, finally

New Beginnings
New beginnings, new opportunities, old friends...

52407074_1059873890866323_3744646122681925632_n.jpg

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?6183-New-Beginnings

Season Pass and DLCs
PFKM-DLC_Custom_image.png

DLC 1
The Wildcards

December, 2018

A new playable race. During the poll to decide which bonus race we were going to add to the game, one particular option was requested a lot (besides the winner - Aasimars): Tieflings, the people with a drop of demonic blood in their veins. They didn't make it into the base game, but became the natural choice for the first piece of post-release content.

A new playable class. They master the raw power of the elements, channeling it into their wild talents to manipulate the world around them. Kineticists are living conduits of primal energy, deadly both in close and ranged combat.

A new companion. If you combine a race with a class, you get a character. Welcome your new companion, the Tiefling Kineticist who comes, just like every other companion, with her own storyline. She could also be a romance option and may hold one of the positions in the Kingdom.

DLC 2
Varnhold's Lot

February , 2019*

A new bonus campaign.
While celebrating your victory at Jamandi Aldori's mansion, you've met another hero of the Stolen Lands: the mercenary captain Maegar Varn. While you're building your barony in the Shrike Hills and Narlmarshes, Varn and his people are establishing their own nation of Varnhold in the rocky foothills of Dunsward. What did they have to go against? Play this new story, and export the consequences of the choices you've made there into the main campaign!

This exciting new side story is about the size of one chapter of our main campaign and will take 6-12 hours to complete, depending on your playstyle.

DLC 3
Beneath The Stolen Lands

April, 2019*

A new game mode. Sometimes you want to play a story with memorable characters, rich lore, and a complicated set of choices and consequences. But then there are days when you just want to grab a sword, cast some spells, and destroy a horde of monsters! This DLC will introduce a rogue-like randomly generated endless dungeon, complete with a new unique boss. You can explore it in a separate game, or as a part of your main campaign. How deep can you go?

*Expansion pack launch dates are estimates and are subject to change.

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?6143-Season-Pass-and-DLCs

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
It sets your difficulty to Custom and breaks all achievements for Challenging+, so this or death door is big no if you care about them.
Achievements lmao. What are you 15?
HATEOT is just bad dungeon. Poor layout, poor encounters, not very good quests, could use more interactions with NPCs. Loot also breaks apart due to JRPG trader.
HATEOT is a biggest offender in this game. I had bugs in this game, I waited for 5 minutes to load. Game hogged space on my C: but it was all okay to me. The house though... ugh.
Worst part is it cannot be fixed by patches. SAD.
Is the game still buggy as hell?
No, just play it already it's BG killer.
that an enemy FINALLY fucking bothered to dispel my hyperbuffed super giants but it was too little too late. I'm also disappointed in how often it started to crash around that time as well.
They need to add AI dlc. Or just expose it to modding. I feel like AI is not very smart in PFK.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
A while back I asked a dev on discord server that how far I can play till I should start seeing the effects from the Varnhold's Lot, they said that just after finishing the Varnhold Vanishing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom