Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

zapotec

Liturgist
Why the wild hunts npcs can inflict sneak attack even if your character is not flanked/helpess whatever?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Day 2 on this game was really good. This feels like a Baldurs Gate 3 or something. Love that resting can't be abused, love that I finally had a tough battle. Negatives are making my own party required money cheat which doesn't feel right, and not being able to queue abilities is ridiculous.

Yosharian

Arcane
Thanks for everyone that suggested the Rogue/Archeologist dips to get Uncanny Dodge. Reworked my main character, even more powerful now. God bless the guy that made the Respec mod.

Drakron

Arcane
Negatives are making my own party required money cheat which doesn't feel right, and not being able to queue abilities is ridiculous.

Thats one of the big negatives, BG had a large party choice so you could cover your bases even with characters that didnt had long personal quests (in BG2).

There is no Rogue here, or rather no starting Rogue as you can either multi or continue with multi that brings its own problems, there is a lack of basic party composition in the sense of pure classes ... there is also no wider range of alignment choices, you end up being limited by the default party members and having to pay to have your own party that doesnt participate in a more personal level. voice acting is no excuse since many times they dont get voiced lines anyway.

Also you could just run the thing as full turn base, its on the options ... honestly I am waiting for the DLC before I go back in, one thing I would like to see is subtypes because we have then in Assimar and Tiefling so why not in the other races.

Yosharian

Arcane
Negatives are making my own party required money cheat which doesn't feel right, and not being able to queue abilities is ridiculous.

Thats one of the big negatives, BG had a large party choice so you could cover your bases even with characters that didnt had long personal quests (in BG2).

There is no Rogue here, or rather no starting Rogue as you can either multi or continue with multi that brings its own problems, there is a lack of basic party composition in the sense of pure classes ... there is also no wider range of alignment choices, you end up being limited by the default party members and having to pay to have your own party that doesnt participate in a more personal level. voice acting is no excuse since many times they dont get voiced lines anyway.

Also you could just run the thing as full turn base, its on the options ... honestly I am waiting for the DLC before I go back in, one thing I would like to see is subtypes because we have then in Assimar and Tiefling so why not in the other races.
The respec mod is piss-easy to use and allows complete respec of companions I think

Drakron

Arcane
The respec mod is piss-easy to use and allows complete respec of companions I think

Its still a mod and no substitute for actual characters, sure you change some rather silly things like a Thief/Wizard or stats but the companion list is still small when you start up and honestly, not having a full wizard and rogue at the start is kinda dumb.

I rather they add new party characters with their own small quests that anything else really.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Its still a mod and no substitute for actual characters, sure you change some rather silly things like a Thief/Wizard or stats but the companion list is still small when you start up and honestly, not having a full wizard and rogue at the start is kinda dumb.
Being pure wizard instead of Arcane Trickster in P:K is kinda dumb with exception of couple of builds like pure-necro DC caster, and you need to know about all items that make it good beforehand. Only rogue thing that Octavia do not cover in the beginning is dual wielding with SA, but it has really questionable performance in ch 1 because of AB penalty.
What bugs me is getting access to Haste at lvl 6 instead of 5, but Surprise Spells at AT 10 is probably best class feature in the game and moving it from 14 to 16 not worth it.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

I rather they add new party characters with their own small quests that anything else really.
What if players want to be a rogue or wizard? You're not thinking it through.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think the list of companions is decent as far as base classes go. What we need is a monk and a druid companion.
Don't care for a paladin one.

Thonius

Arcane
Not sure if it was posted but devs looking for interface dude. I ques they are busy right now with console release. Don't know if that's because old dude got fired or something ( personaly I like PFK interface, it's fucking nice) or because old dude is busy with PF2... Maybe he read to much of steam reviews :lol:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">This is a small announcement for our Russian followers :)<br><br>Мы ищем разработчика интерфейсов! Будем благодарны за репост <a href="https://t.co/nNB2aqMG46">pic.twitter.com/nNB2aqMG46</a></p>&mdash; Owlcat Games (@OwlcatGames) <a href="https://twitter.com/OwlcatGames/status/1095286491490803714?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">February 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Edit: Fuck how do I place twater code here?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Maybe they are expanding their team now that P:KM did well financially?

Do we have more detailed info on that? Did it beat pillars of balance?
It did beat PoE2 by number of reviews on steam. Normally that is a sign of more sales but it could also mean it is a sign of more angry players because of a buggy game which is also reflected on the low steam score for the game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally beaten the twice born chapter.

well, that coronation feels good. After everything. Bandits, feys, lich, a champion of a god, et cetera. The coronation is really satisfying. Feels like a work done well, especially after tough bastard armag. Well done, me

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Anyone who doesn't like this game is no friend of mine. I am gonna become a mod, tag them 10 times and then when I get fired I will follow them on another account to vote retardred on 10 of their posts each day. Apparently that's the done thing.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Day 3:

Game getting even better each time! This time I was in some enormous area that had a lot of ground to cover (Cheat Engine essential). And at each edge there were fallen trees and things to climb up to yet another area. Loved having a lot of space to explore. Also there was a storm at one point that was skeery, lightning bolts smacking nearby, don't know if they can hit you or what. Combat is getting better too. At level 2 it seems like I still mostly splat everything with my bows, but on tougher enemies I need to use my burning hands spell too. The other spells are not worth using, bow is better. My party of 6 is cool though, cleric bless really helps and the heal.

I had to learn how to rest, interface is a bit shit. I googled it. Found the Manage button, can now rest outdoors without wasting my food. Wish I knew this earlier. Also wish I got to level 3 before I came to this area because there are a lot of chests and things my one Trickster guy fails on and climbing those trees to other areas requires athletics which is pretty 50/50 for my team so far and when they fail it injures everyone. Let the save scumming commence.

One of my quests got updated saying I took too long because I was doing something else. Hope I haven't fucked that up. I really need to return to Olav's place to sell all my shit and buy some rations but I am scared of wasting the 20 hours on the journey there and back...

Also I wasted time taking the old guy there some berries. And more importantly, I wasted real life time because the berries weren't fresh cuz I rested on the way back, so I had to load an old save and go and do that trip all over again. Things like this do not sparkle.

But overall, loving this. Haven't played a proper RPG for a long time because I got tired replaying old ones for the millionth time.

purpleblob

Savant
I had to learn how to rest, interface is a bit shit. I googled it.

You mean you somehow missed the camp fire button at the bottom left?

One of my quests got updated saying I took too long because I was doing something else. Hope I haven't fucked that up.

You probably took too long chasing after your rival - it just means you will recruit the two of the possible companions a bit later on.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I had to learn how to rest, interface is a bit shit. I googled it.

You mean you somehow missed the camp fire button at the bottom left?
No I missed the manage button at the top left. I think I did a few rests and kept getting attacked and it used up all my rations too.
One of my quests got updated saying I took too long because I was doing something else. Hope I haven't fucked that up.

You probably took too long chasing after your rival - it just means you will recruit the two of the possible companions a bit later on.
Cool thanks thats not bad. I got sidetracked again slaughtering some big outdoor region that was too high level for me. Hope there are not many more time requirements for things.

Sykar

Arcane

You meet Yoshimo very early and until then Imoen suffices easily. Imoen also has enough levels in Wizard to be almost equal to a full wizard. I never felt that a certain role is not covered by BG 2 companions.

The whole game is time limits, anvi.

That said, they add realistic and fun pressure to things and aren't actually that intense. Generally, you should just do the timed things first because any time you haven't used in the limit is just free time to do side stuff and the extra layer the game presents after the first chapter. You'll be fine if I was. There's even a part where I had like 1.5 years of in-game time to do shit. They're p. lenient.

Incendax

Augur
Yeah, the time limits are actually pretty lenient.
The only catch is that new players don't know when they will be given those big chunks of time to do things. So it's easy to feel really pressured to do everything early on, when there is very little pressure as long as you attend to the main quests in a timely fashion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom