Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Afterfall has a DevBlog

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Afterfall; Intoxicate Interactive

Apparently we've missed this one. A while back the Intoxicate Team, the guys behind the post-apoc RPG <a href="http://www.afterfall.pl">Afterfall</a>, decided to have their own <a href="http://community.afterfall.pl/index.php?act=ST&f=562&t=5740">Developers' Blog</a>. There's only one post in it right now:
<br>
<blockquote>Currently the work on Afterfall are very intense. And before we gonna share how much energy drinks we need each day, and how much instant noodles we eat, we need to clarify a few things:
<br>
<br>
- Afterfall was the fans' project which has been in development for the last three years,
<br>
- Phase of pre-production was so plentiful that we could create not one but even three games,
<br>
When starting the studio and professional phase of production the world was analyzed and effect of that was putting only a few most characteristic locations into the game,
<br>
- The game mechanics has changed slightly, but you will still be able to find most of the features which were announced before. You will be informed about these few changes in our next posts,
<br>
- The action takes place few years before we originally planned, and it's still nonlinear and very interesting,
<br>
<br>
Many of you worry that we cut out many interesting features - we will be honest with you: the game is smaller than we dreamed three years ago. However, we can assure you that it will be one of the biggest cRPG games ever,
<br>
Many of you wonder if game will ever be released, because we have been making it for a few years. It is a wrong way of thinking, as we were only on the phase of designing locations, quests and the whole Afterfall world. The actual phase of production has started in July 2008.
<br>
<br>
You need to understand that the final product will be the same Afterfall which you were waiting for, but thanks to Nicolas Games and their support, it will be much better and more professional.
<br>
<br>
In our next post you will be able to read a little about our fantastic Life System which is one of the most important features, and something you haven't seen in any other cRPG game. We are sure that you will be very excited about life it!</blockquote>Yeah, I'm certainly excited about life it. Now, who could've predicted some features would be cut? Anyway, still hoping something decent will come out of it. I could see someone bored and angry dissecting this devblog post and comparing it to the former visions of grandeur presented by the devs, though.
<br>

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
more like afterforever...

also, your afterfall link is borked.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
In our next post you will be able to read a little about our fantastic Life System which is one of the most important features, and something you haven't seen in any other cRPG game. We are sure that you will be very excited about life it!

It is a system where, get this, the player's (makes quoting gesture) LIFE... is measured by a numeric value. The lower the value the closer the player is to dying !

j/k

Rhombus

Liturgist
That would be an epic and innovative system indeed.

Afterfall is the light in my dark tunnel atleast... Just hope I can reach it sometime this century... and that it will be as bright as it looks like from here..

xuerebx

Erudite
The few tidbits I read here and there make the devs seem bigheaded, in a "It will be awesome trust me, the best you've ever seen" kind of way.

xuerebx

Erudite
No, every company says that, but I usually expect that from a ridiculously large company like EA (see today's news).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom