Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Outward - open world RPG where you are an ordinary adventurer and survival is harsh

RapineDel

Augur
Interesting hearing IGN's thoughts. They bang on about "I love how he's not the chosen one etc.".

They gave Elex a 4.9 and during the review complained that you couldn't kill every enemy right off the bat, it was too hard etc. so what they're really saying is it's fine for the story to be about "he's not the chosen one", but the player still needs to feel like they are throughout gameplay.

Honestly though, this game looks average. Way too much time spent on lame "immersion" activities and not enough spent on making the world and content interesting. There was reason to worry when someone asked a lead developer if he took inspiration from Gothic and he implied he hadn't even played it. Pretty much guarantees this will be lackluster.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
ss_dd23d79c83d98409b6e34338ce5994fc2dde0669.1920x1080.jpg

ss_00a7ad180f3cb1dd27e44ae938e8dcb471ba85d7.1920x1080.jpg

ss_47db9597afce991b1acd6e6586f0980aa4d12882.1920x1080.jpg

Certainly doesn't shine in the graphics department, which could be forgiven if the gameplay is solid. And looking at that combat, it's looking like a pretty big if.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I actually like a lot what I am seeing, could be very immersive and atmospheric game. Chosen one trope is very overused so I wonder how will the main quest be handled in this one.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I actually like a lot what I am seeing, could be very immersive and atmospheric game. Chosen one trope is very overused so I wonder how will the main quest be handled in this one.

Find your father.

Deleted Member 16721

Friendly reminder to brace yourself for massive incline when this comes out. You heard it here first. :cool:

Deleted Member 16721

Honestly though, this game looks average. Way too much time spent on lame "immersion" activities and not enough spent on making the world and content interesting.

Reminder that not every RPG needs to follow the same formula to be interesting. You heard it here (for the millionth time) first. :cool:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
They continue to make these dumb ass trailers. Fucking hell, maybe don't tell your audience your features are "impractical looking", because that is what they'll focus on.

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
gu9jbxB.gif

"Fuck everyone up before they fuck you up in one hit" glass cannon approach it is. :killitwithfire:

Deleted Member 16721

Told you guys this game is going to be huge incline. Just wait. :)

Viata

Arcane
While the trailer does look good, I still don't feel like I want to play the game. I'll wait for people to play it first and read their opinions before I give it a try.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well if the travelling and survival systems are really that interesting like they want, if the mountains and forests are not just containers of authored content but also offer unique challenges involving those systems, why not. I appreciate they are trying those things somehow neglected in 3D RPGs (unless they are not full-on multiplayer sandbox).

If the released game will be really interesting or fun like they intend to, that's a different story of course.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
It's only half a survival game. The other half is an RPG, where players expect meaningful handcrafted content.

Do we really expect the survival elements to be as good as Subnautica or The Long Dark anyways? Even those games get boring after a few dozen hours.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The game looks better than the artwork. How is that possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom