Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Paradox might be announcing a Vampire: The Masquerade RPG on March 21st, possibly by Hardsuit Labs

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
The only small hope I have is that Paradox published Battletech, which besides the transgender nonsense, is a playable fun recreation of the property. Ehh, there I go, getting my hopes up. Get ready for transgender romance multiple endings. It'll be edgy, like when transgender vamps snoodle their cocks together....
Except, while mechanically somewhat sound, the game is so devoid of creativity that playing through the countless braindead, repetitive missions is more like a chore than actual fun.

Heretic

Cipher
Get ready for a scrubbed clean, safe experience!
I can't wait to bash the fash vampires
1533283676834.png
These people are mentally ill for real.
Large parts of Kindred society adhere to cults of tradition.
:-D

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
How did it go? For tradition will be revolutionary thinking right?

Anyway it will never be a homage of horror stuff and light hearted enough to have fucking wonderful cringe shit like Tiamat playing.
Now I want an alternate universe where the first music you hear in a bloodlines sequel is something laura brannigan self control.

Christ almighty I cant even think how garbage this will be if it really comes out during the current climate.

Herumor

Scholar
Also fingers crossed they hire Rik Schaffer to do the soundtrack again

Just don't expect anything similar to Bloodlines.

Q: If you could... Would you make new music to Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines? Like adding new musical scores to diverse [sic] the current amazing music already in the game? / Did you use any music samples when making the soundtrack?

Rik Schaffer: I couldn't. That music wasn't even a game score. It was an album. I'm not that guy, or in that place anymore. I was broke, living on a couch, out of rehab and jail and living in Hollywood. Basically a character of the game.

Personally, I think Olivier Deriviere could make a good soundtrack for a Vampire game.

Enkidu

Novice
No it didn't. VtM died in 2004 after the Gehenna splat book was released. A zombie crawled out of the grave recently with art that was scribled by a five year old but it was kept on a chain in the corner by CCP and now Paradox. And occasionally fed a soy slurping bearded numale when it craved human flesh. VtM is dead. No one can convince me otherwise.

The New World of Darkness was such a bust sales-wise that they had to bring the old one back. As I understand it, Gehenna happened in 2004, but it didn't cause a vampire apocalypse like expected. It's just as well because the summaries for most of those Gehenna scenarios were terrible.
Thats bullshit from people who never liked Requiem. The called then New World of Darkness always sold well. The actual problem is that when Paradox bought white wolf. the salty people who hated Requiem because Malkavian and Tremere clans did not existed anymore are the same people put in command by Paradox. The result was the SJW edition where Fascism is prohibited and sucking the life force of someone, may trigger rape warning.

aratuk

Cipher
3. Bicycle rims used as somekind of an edgy foreground. LOOK OUT KIDS LANCE ARMSTRONG WILL BITE YOU..
TBF, Lance is more scary and vampirelike than 95% of the movie villain vampires out there. I like Lance.

He does drink blood. Well, he injects himself with blood. His own blood that he set aside earlier, not other people’s blood. But still illegal in a bicycle race.

:deadtroll:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Avellone is also working on this new vampire game probably

Avellone's LinkedIn page confirms that he did in fact work with Respawn from February 2018 to January 2019 doing story work, story/character reviews, and cinematic scripts for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. It also suggests that there might actually be a connection between Avellone and the mysterious, maybe-Vampire game that Paradox has been teasing.

The page says Avellone spent roughly 2.5 years under contract as a narrative designer and writer, "working tenderly with other developers," at Hardsuit Labs, the developer of Blacklight: Retribution. Tender is the name of the faux dating service at the center of Paradox's ongoing ARG, and Paradox is a part-owner of Hardsuit, having acquired a 33 percent stake in January 2018. The studio's website currently lists two games on the go, Blacklight: Retribution, and an unannounced project.

Avellone's promise of a "big bomb dropping in a month" fits too: A recent update to the ARG implied that some sort of reveal will take place on March 21, which just happens to fall in the midst of GDC.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Avellone did an AMA segment on Owlcat's Pathfinder stream last year and I asked him what is the dream IP he wanted to work on. He said that he is actually working on several of them, but can't talk about it outright because of NDA.

I wonder if World of Darkness was one of those.

I hope he's more involved with this one. 2.5 years sounds like a lot, but considering how many projects this guy is apart of, his contribution is probably meagre. A man can dream.
Avellone changed one programer's keyboard to an IBM mechanical keyboard as a kickstarter goal. He even smiled a couple of time. Until they mentions Fergus.

PatataFamilia

Novice
Why would they acquire Harebraned schemes and then not give them an rpg set in one of their most recognizable settings? It's like people forget that you need actual writers for an rpg. Otherwise you get VTM: Redemption.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hope Avellone's contribution was actually substantial, 2 and a half years is a long time, fingers crossed we end up having a vampire RPG with writing that doesn't make me vomit.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why would they acquire Harebraned schemes and then not give them an rpg set in one of their most recognizable settings? It's like people forget that you need actual writers for an rpg. Otherwise you get VTM: Redemption.
They acquired HBS to make Battletech-esque stuff because that was their big sales success. Shadowrun, while a modest success, was one of the losers of the Kickstarter wars.

ArchAngel

Arcane
HeY! Redemption was a fun game.

imweasel

The main selling point of HBS Battletech was nostalgia. A sequel however would be judged on the series own merits.

That said, Battletech has low ratings on Steam, so expect a sequel to sell substantially worse.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Steamspy is now behind a paywall for anyone who doesn't give money to this shady guy, so these links are pretty worthless.
Try some screenshot instead.
?? I don't pay him and I see the owner estimates just fine. For Shadowrun the key is
Price: $14.99
Owners: 1,000,000 .. 2,000,000
And for Battletech it's
Price: $39.99
Owners: 500,000 .. 1,000,000

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom