Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum - No wonder Troika went under

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Incendax

Augur
Almost every RPG you start weak and low level and it gets interesting later on. The guy is a retard trying to make a point with no point.
Is his point that MMOs take way too much time to have any return?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Almost every RPG you start weak and low level and it gets interesting later on. The guy is a retard trying to make a point with no point.
Is his point that MMOs take way too much time to have any return?
Maybe but that wouldn't be too bad of a point. His point seems to be that combat isn't awesome at level 3 and that is a sign the game is terrible and my point is invalid.

Vatnik Wumao
Fluent is really getting this game. No whining about UI, no whining about bullshit, no shitposting.

Just enjoying an awesome game.

How refreshing.

As for the commentary about late game being bereft of content after Tarant...well, there isn't really an 'after Tarant' because you have to come back at various times to deal with new (and old) situations, and often there is new content ready and waiting. I didn't mind some of the later areas either and some were very good, but Tarant is more of a hub than a one visit quest shop.

The point where you need to journey to Vendrigoth is the "after Tarant" part of the game. There is hardly any content left in Tarant at that point, except maybe the striking orcs, and the plot pushes you towards the city of magic, Thanatos and the ruins, all of which lack the amount of content that Tarant had. The ruins and Thanatos are also very combat heavy, making it extremely tedious.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Suble dialogue options. There's no big (PERSUASION) or (INTIMIDATE) crap to inform you of what you're doing, you actually have to read the dialogue and hope you're making a correct choice. If you make a choice that backfires, IT'S ON YOU. Read carefully and pay attention to subtle details in the dialogue and you will know what to say to NPCs.
Take another brofist from me, because one on your post is not enough you glorious bastard
:brodex:

This is really the best option, but sets the bar for the dialogue writers that many cannot clear. Namely, that the options are presented clearly and unambiguously convey the intent of the PC.

Vatnik Wumao
Arcanum 2 when ?
In last interview, they's said they don't have the right to the universe. (but have the rights to the engine)

I recall in an interview, can't remember with who but it was the guy who wrote Fat Larry's and all Malkavian dialogue in Bloodlines, he was saying that Arcanum 2 had entered prototyping after the release of Arcanum. Then Bloodlines happened and the project was put on hold. In fact the design of Bloodlines was based on this early Arcanum 2 prototype. When Bloodlines flopped, the investors bailed on Arcanum 2 and Troika went bust.

Ladonna

Arcane
Pretty sure it was going to have a 'Journey to the centre of the Earth' vibe.

Beastro

Arcane
All those things are very storyfagish though. EQ is the best combat in any game ever. Vanguard had better classes but it was too easy.

Dude I like EQ and I think you're retarded to say this about it combat.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" Has there ever been a publisher demand that people ended up saying, "hey, that was a pretty good idea" ?"

BIS boss suggested to BIO to turn their RTS Battleground Infinity into Baldur's Gate. I think most people would think that worked out well and was a good idea. LMAO

As for Arcanum.... the combat isn't great but it's not horrible compared to others though it can be broken to the extreme (certain npcs make it a cakewalk).

Arcanum has some ofm the best music ever even thoguh it largely relies on its theme song. LMAO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom