Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Deflowerer

Arcane
I doubt fucks will be given by Capcom at all about the success of this anime.

Carceri

Arcane
Plot twist: the protagonist turns out to be a pawn. Everyone is conflicted about this at first, but later on pawns earn the right to vote in Gransys. Also Mercedes totally annihilates Julien in combat.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Plot twist: the protagonist turns out to be a pawn. Everyone is conflicted about this at first, but later on pawns earn the right to vote in Gransys. Also Mercedes totally annihilates Julien in combat.
I think there will be useless and retarded sexist male-arisen and sassy black wymmyn-pawn who will do all the work.

Kitchen Utensil

Even if it's a new Dragon's Dogma, prepare to be disappointed.

Between the almost perfect char creator, the awesome, responsive combat, the nine vocations, hundreds of skills and augments, dozens of quests, pawn system, layered armor system, hundreds of different armor/clothing parts, weapons, materials and consumables, I'm pretty sure a lot will be missing from a potential sequel.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Between the almost perfect char creator, the awesome, responsive combat, the nine vocations, hundreds of skills and augments, dozens of quests, pawn system, layered armor system, hundreds of different armor/clothing parts, weapons, materials and consumables, I'm pretty sure a lot will be missing from a potential sequel.

They have the foundation. I don't see them dumbing it down. In any case it's going to get improved.

Also prepare for the summoner class.

Perkel

Arcane

If it was old Cacpcom sure but we are talking about new Capcom that seems to knock out great games one after another and its being completely in tune with its hardcore fans.

I only fear that after DD they basically thrown out tools they made for DD and like you say eventually DD2 would be basically new game instead of building on previous game.

Of all the things to be worried about for a Dragon's Dogma 2, it not having awesome responsive combat seems like the weirdest one given how Devil May Cry 5 turned out. Same with the vocations. If anything I'd expect far crazier shit than in the original for a sequel.

I'd be surprised if a new Dragon's Dogma happened and they scaled back the character creator and armor system, listening to the Dragon's Dogma GDC presentation these were key things they wanted to do with the game and worked toward getting.

I'm thinking a new Dragon's Dogma, whenever it happens, will have lots of new stuff. Given the influence of Berserk on it, just from Berserk, if I was guessing news things we'd see they'd be:

- A fencing class based around Griffin...it'd likely have a move like the Mikiri Counter in Sekiro since that's basically what Griffith does in his first fight with Guts
- Some kind of sword whip class, since this is what Silat uses. Thinking of it now Nero has a sword whip in DMC5.
- Armors with activated stat boost and debuffs like the Berserker Armor
- Maybe transformations like the Apostles. Although there's two different ways they could go about that, one working like a Devil Trigger in DMC, and another where it's just basically it's own vocation.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What I worry most is they gonna anime it up to all shit or if they keep the normal, grounded aesthetics. DMC5 seems mechanically great but one look at it and I cover all my apartment walls with thick vomit.

Apart from that I have no concern they're gonna fuck it up mechanically, they look like they know what they're doing in that department.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What I worry most is they gonna anime it up to all shit or if they keep the normal, grounded aesthetics. DMC5 seems mechanically great but one look at it and I cover all my apartment walls with thick vomit.

Apart from that I have no concern they're gonna fuck it up mechanically, they look like they know what they're doing in that department.
tru. Dragons dogma online looks alot more like monster hunter than grounded medieval fantasy iirc

GrainWetski

Arcane
Noting that I haven't played it at all, Dragon's Dogma Online looks more than fine based on screenshots. Wish I hadn't looked at screenshots because they just made me sad we don't have a DD2 or even Online in the west.

Vvue7md.jpg

D1aaJ3y.jpg

9bd4wYQ.jpg

u1tczQt.jpg
72SigYh.jpg
oJk5No7.jpg

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
What was even the reason for not releasing DDOnline in the West?

One of the few MMORPG's I would have absolutely loved to play (alongside
Wizardry Online
:cry:
)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i wonder how long will this capcom winning streak last. . .

in a few years they will probably got a big head again, or a change in the high up staff and become 2013's capcom again

Sentinel

Arcane
The thing that scares me the most about Dragon's Dogma 2 is the possible absence of Grigori. I only poised through DD1 and remember it because of Grigori. Such an amazing creature. I honestly wouldn't even care if they just rehashed him for the sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom