Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spore gets a fucking expansion

uhjghvt

Scholar
no it shipped with the humping gay men I had bought it. it activated on his birthday or something and they swarmed your copter and humped each other. very strange yet oddly arousing.

Jabbapop

Scholar
i wish i could import my sims characters into spore. i've got the whole cast of last season's real world ready to dominate the universe kekekek

Deleted member 7219

JarlFrank said:
http://www.hookedonspore.com/index.php/2008/10/03/first-addon-sneaks-up-at-online-game-shops.html

Yeah, "expansion". They're just adding new parts, like they did with many "expansions" for The Sims. Basically they're just ripping off their customers. I wonder if anyone is going to buy this.

So glad I didn't fall for the Maxis trap this time around.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
people shelled out 9 bucks for a bunch of additional costume pieces an emote and a temp power in CoX, this isn't that much different. cashing in on gamer <s>vanity</s>creativity pays off big time.
would be more tolerable if spore wasn't such a shitty game though.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

DefJam101

Arcane
DefJam101 said:
Xor said:
[Jez] said:
psycojester said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
bozia2012 said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
sportforredneck said:
Fat Dragon said:
DefJam101 said:
Black_Willow said:
Kingston said:
they cut content from the game and are now releasing it.

More quoting. Moar!

Moar!
less.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I'd consider getting it depending on what all they added in the expansion. If it's a few new bits for the creature, no. If they added things I mentioned in the Spore thread like additional space fleets, more purposeful trading and missions, and improved the creature tribal and civilization stages, then sure.

Spore just feels like a framework for a game that needs more hashing out. If they do a good job with the expansion hashing that stuff out, then I'd grab it. More creature bits? Eh, nah. I'd pass.

Inziladun

Magister
sportforredneck said:
DefJam101 said:
Xor said:
[Jez] said:
psycojester said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
bozia2012 said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
sportforredneck said:
Fat Dragon said:
DefJam101 said:
Black_Willow said:
Kingston said:

More quoting. Moar!

Moar!
less.
Lies!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Inziladun said:
sportforredneck said:
DefJam101 said:
Xor said:
[Jez] said:
psycojester said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
bozia2012 said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
sportforredneck said:
Fat Dragon said:
DefJam101 said:
Black_Willow said:
Kingston said:

More quoting. Moar!

Moar!
less.
Lies!

Quotegasm?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom