Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Is Kinkmaker gud?

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Is Pathfinger: Kinkmaker a gud game that is worth buying/playing?

• Yes, it is good

• No, it's shit

• I am ambivalent

• Haven't played it

• Kingmaker

Results are only viewable after voting.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hahahaha joke aside i was attacked by homeless dogs in Paris andn not here :). Also i got attacked by a pack in Greece,but that is a pass. We were in a car and in some literal goat fucking rape capm that looked just like something from Fallout shacktowns.
Dogs can be useful, they're sometimes pretty cute too, but owning one in any metropolitan area is like owning those huge american pickups when you live in the city center.
That is what i am talking about. Also american pickups are shit in any environment,give me a Lada Niva and i will be happy. Cheap and reliable!:obviously:

Sykar

Arcane
Also ignore all of the reports of SJW stuff. It can be easily ignored as it's isolated to the companions that are specifically shit, and you can use more interesting companions and pretty much enjoy an SJW free main story and game.

The ppl going on about this nonsense didn't do the quests. The stronk independent whaman theme of Valerie and Amiri gets totally flipped by the end of their quest lines.
And why should they? They have outright hatred for the NPCs and therefore don't give a fuck about them and their quests. It is like saying Anomen is good after his quest if you did it, but I hate Anomen and I will never have him in my party other than to take him to an isolated area and gank him. Doing his quest? Fuck you!

Except neither of them are even remotely as obnoxious as Anomen. They are naive and ignorant for the most part. Amiri is probably the most straightforward of your companions and is loyal regardless of your alignment so long she gets the chance to prove herself in combat. Also considering that she wants a new tribe with a chief, she is far from a "stronk independänt womyn". Valerie needs a relatively lawful environment but other than that is easy to keep in line as well. Also she just harps on about the Order of Shelyn, nothing else much. They, and a couple of other characters, talk a lot of shit just like young adults and adolescent girls do, if you ever had the "fortune" to accidentally overhear them or have three sisters to confide you in just how much shit they talk about boys and men.
I can with confidence say that there is hardly any "SJW" writing in it and if it is, it is for satirical purposes most likely and not to be taken seriously. That being said I had no problem with Anomen at all. You meet such people in RL and they often hide personal insecurity behind that wall of obnoxiousness and once you break that wall can sometimes be surprisingly interesting people.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Also ignore all of the reports of SJW stuff. It can be easily ignored as it's isolated to the companions that are specifically shit, and you can use more interesting companions and pretty much enjoy an SJW free main story and game.

The ppl going on about this nonsense didn't do the quests. The stronk independent whaman theme of Valerie and Amiri gets totally flipped by the end of their quest lines.
And why should they? They have outright hatred for the NPCs and therefore don't give a fuck about them and their quests. It is like saying Anomen is good after his quest if you did it, but I hate Anomen and I will never have him in my party other than to take him to an isolated area and gank him. Doing his quest? Fuck you!

Except neither of them are even remotely as obnoxious as Anomen. They are naive and ignorant for the most part. Amiri is probably the most straightforward of your companions and is loyal regardless of your alignment so long she gets the chance to prove herself in combat. Also considering that she wants a new tribe with a chief, she is far from a "stronk independänt womyn". Valerie needs a relatively lawful environment but other than that is easy to keep in line as well. Also she just harps on about the Order of Shelyn, nothing else much. They, and a couple of other characters, talk a lot of shit just like young adults and adolescent girls do, if you ever had the "fortune" to accidentally overhear them or have three sisters to confide you in just how much shit they talk about boys and men.
I can with confidence say that there is hardly any "SJW" writing in it and if it is, it is for satirical purposes most likely and not to be taken seriously. That being said I had no problem with Anomen at all. You meet such people in RL and they often hide personal insecurity behind that wall of obnoxiousness and once you break that wall can sometimes be surprisingly interesting people.
Whether there is "hardly any" is up to the individual. And if that individual thinks your "hardly any" is his "too much", then it is well within his rights to ignore the characters and not do anything with them. For someone to then try to denigrate him about him not finishing the characters' quests is fucking retarded.

cr0mag

Novice

Except Anomen is way more annoying that any of the NPCs in Kingmaker. Yeah, I can see where you're coming from but I like the idea of the NPCs starting off as morons or whatever and then through the course of the game the events turn them into better people and companions. Anomen tho, yeah fuck him

Cael

Arcane

Except Anomen is way more annoying that any of the NPCs in Kingmaker. Yeah, I can see where you're coming from but I like the idea of the NPCs starting off as morons or whatever and then through the course of the game the events turn them into better people and companions. Anomen tho, yeah fuck him
There is a difference between being a moron and being a sjw caricature. The former might be naive about things and make bad decisions because of inexperience or ignorance. The latter can be eaten by a dragon and shat out the other side and would still believe in her dogma.

Thonius

Arcane
I just remembered one thing about alignments and C&C that bothered me, in almost every case you can choose whichever good/evil/chaotic option you want regardless of your alignment and that only moves you on the character sheet in that direction but then are some cases where choosing something requires a specific alignment instead. And that only seems to happen in places where it opens an alternate way to resolve something, like
peacefully resolving the mite/kobold war or negotiating with the troll king
It’s like they couldn’t make up their mind if the game gives you an alignment based on what you do or it restricts what you can do based on your alignment, so they did both.
Uh. There are SPECIAl alignment choices ( unlocked trough your aliment Evil for example gives option to turn Hurgulka on Tartuk ) and choices that affect alignment. Could not be more clear.

cr0mag

Novice

Whether there is "hardly any" is up to the individual. And if that individual thinks your "hardly any" is his "too much", then it is well within his rights to ignore the characters and not do anything with them. For someone to then try to denigrate him about him not finishing the characters' quests is fucking retarded.

Valerie gets smacked up for being out of line by her male boss and facially scarred on her very first quest. Amiri acts like a dumbass barbarian, and has a massive twist showing her to be vulnerable and a total fraud. Octavia whores herself out to pretty much all the major male NPCs in the game. Jaethal is super hateable for being so spiteful and mean to everyone. Dunno what SJW stuff you saw when you played the game but it seems to me you're just boxing shadows this time.

Cael

Arcane

Valerie gets smacked up for being out of line by her male boss and facially scarred on her very first quest. Amiri acts like a dumbass barbarian, and has a massive twist showing her to be vulnerable and a total fraud. Octavia whores herself out to pretty much all the major male NPCs in the game. Jaethal is super hateable for being so spiteful and mean to everyone. Dunno what SJW stuff you saw when you played the game but it seems to me you're just boxing shadows this time.
:nocountryforshitposters:

With some people, sjw-ism has a certain amount of magic. They can see it one minute and completely be blind to it the next. Incredible.

Yosharian

Arcane
Anomen isn't crucial to any kind of Kingdom Management-type mechanic in BG2, whereas Amiri is in this game.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

"Waah waah, my companion hurt my fee-fees!", Jaethal is IMO of the more interesting companions in the game, who the fuck cares if she's mean to other NPCs, most of them deserve it :P

cr0mag

Novice
Lol

"Waah waah, my companion hurt my fee-fees!", Jaethal is IMO of the more interesting companions in the game, who the fuck cares if she's mean to other NPCs, most of them deserve it :P

Lol nice try but I've said said all along that I like the companions and writing. The point is she wasn't some SJW inspired Mary Sue

Sykar

Arcane
Anomen isn't crucial to any kind of Kingdom Management-type mechanic in BG2, whereas Amiri is in this game.

No she isn't. As a general you can replace her with Regongar and Kassil. You'd have to basically have lost access to both of them to be forced to use her as a general. Outside of that she is not vital in the slightest.
But even if, it is not like you have to interact a lot with your advisors, so even if you were unfortunate and have only her left as a general you hardly have a lot of contact with her and again she is not even remotely as obnoxious as Anomen was.

With some people, sjw-ism has a certain amount of magic. They can see it one minute and completely be blind to it the next. Incredible.

One could say the same about certain people being so paranoid of SJWs that they see it in every pixel corner lurking.

Cael

Arcane

No she isn't. As a general you can replace her with Regongar and Kassil. You'd have to basically have lost access to both of them to be forced to use her as a general. Outside of that she is not vital in the slightest.
But even if, it is not like you have to interact a lot with your advisors, so even if you were unfortunate and have only her left as a general you hardly have a lot of contact with her and again she is not even remotely as obnoxious as Anomen was.

One could say the same about certain people being so paranoid of SJWs that they see it in every pixel corner lurking.
Let sjws have a micrometer and next thing you know, they've fucking taken over the Hagia Sophia and turned it into a mosque.

Yosharian

Arcane

The chaotic evil half-orc who wants to wear me like a cock ring?

And who the fuck is Kassil?

Yosharian

Arcane

Yosharian

Arcane

You don't have to fuck Regongar to make him your general. Kassil is the envoy from Jamandi.
1) I didn't choose Kassil.

2) Rerongar's alignment and outlook are in complete opposition to my character's, and thus my kingdom's, goals and alignment.

So yes, I do need to keep Amiri around, in a way that I didn't need to with Anomen. My point stands.

Sykar

Arcane

You don't have to fuck Regongar to make him your general. Kassil is the envoy from Jamandi.

2) Rerongar's alignment and outlook are in complete opposition to my character's, and thus my kingdom's, goals and alignment.

So yes, I do need to keep Amiri around, in a way that I didn't need to with Anomen. My point stands.

A circumstantial point at best, considering that you do not have to interact much with your advisors outside of the occasional ranking up. Literally first world problems. Oh and why did you not choose Kassil? It is obvious that the other two are the non-good alignment choices and ergo are further away from your alignment compared to Kassil and that seems to be a major concern to you.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuk me; my post has been quoted 26 times in this thread. WTF was it about again? I didn't complete this game due to bugs, but it was inspiring, and I would have/will play the game to completion with all companion quests.. Yes, I noticed the subtleness of the writing, but I don't think it's a good idea to reference it too often as it likely flew over the heads of the SJWs. Lets hope the publisher doesn't cotton on and pay more attention in the future.

Yosharian

Arcane

A circumstantial point at best, considering that you do not have to interact much with your advisors outside of the occasional ranking up. Literally first world problems. Oh and why did you not choose Kassil? It is obvious that the other two are the non-good alignment choices and ergo are further away from your alignment compared to Kassil and that seems to be a major concern to you.
Er. What? My regent kicks ass. Just because he isn't a Paladin doesn't mean he can't fit in.

Kassil was not presented as a Lawful Good advisor, I picked based on role-playing. Kassil seemed like a person chosen by the Swordlords to keep an eye on me, whereas Lander seemed like a potentially interesting and loyal guy.

It is not circumstantial because advisors have to be reasonably in step with the way you run things or they leave. My point stands.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
Kassil was not presented as a Lawful Good advisor, I picked based on role-playing. Kassil seemed like a person chosen by the Swordlords to keep an eye on me, whereas Lander seemed like a potentially interesting and loyal guy.

It is not circumstantial because advisors have to be reasonably in step with the way you run things or they leave. My point stands.
Lander looks and sounds like a kid trying to play an adult, from what I recall. You get what you choose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom