Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warparty - Stone-Age dino RTS

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

So this is out of Early Access now. Obviously hasn't been a smash success, but I don't care about multiplayer stuff anyway (not that I wouldn't say yes to a few games just to give it a try).

The main question for me is is if the campaign, survival & skirmish is enough to warrant the 25€ price tag... RTS campaigns tend to be on the short side and offer 0 replayability.
2h refund time isn't really enough to judge this kind of game, ususally.

Anomander

Educated
Steam forums said:
Originally posted by Carnage:
hey! thank you :)

you can save / load skirmish matches, but other modes cant be saved. we didnt want to make it too easy.

Well that du..............................strange...... Its an RTS and some missions can be hour and longers. And sometimes people can't afford to sit more that and hour in a game, they want to save a SINGLEPLAYER STORY MISSION so they can return after some time and don't start all over again to spend another hour....
closetgamer

I can understand impossibility in multiplayer, but not in a single.
It places me in state that i can't possibly complete campain because i can't sit hours in a single mission in days. Well maybe there is possibility to done missions in 20 mins each, but you have to rush everything, smash keyboards hotkeys with speed of light, BUT IM NOT enjoying sich way of style. I am slowphaser, build a lot, research alot, make big army and then strike...
:what:
i understand. you could always go down a difficulty level though right? either way, we will consider adding save / load to the campaign.
I guess I'll wait for that.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's easy if you can save bro, git gud
Another idea to make the game even harder and more intense: add random crashes in the code. So the user will never feel "safe" like the little pussy he is

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A review for those of you still interested:

(skip to 8:00 to hear him be baffled about the lack of saving in campaign :lol:)

At least finally something that explains the gameplay a bit & what to expect.

Only six missions per campaign (three campaigns), so definitely a no-buy for me.
Mack says: "There's a multiplayer, too, but I didn't even bother, because you're just gonna get tank-rushed after four minutes". Exactly.
Three factions, but they are all pretty damn similar, no doubt in the name "muh balance! muh MP gaming!". Fuck that.
One special thing seems to be a survival mode where you have to hold out as long as you can (someone saw They Are Billions, I guess?).
AI cheats in campaign as well as skirmish mode (latter one is a no-go, at least on normal difficulties).
Biggest map only 3vs3, not many maps...

Honestly, all of it makes me think that they tried to do much more than they could.
Should've just scrapped MP entirely and focused more on the other content. Or the other way around. Oh, well...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom