Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline When you lose desire to play rpgs

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
I have lost desire to play rpgs. What can we do in such situations?

Is it temporary thing or something that last forever?

are there some medications you can use to start enjoying rpgs again?

from time to time i dream of playing. now i spend my time reading books and watching movies. certainly one thing that comes to mind are rpgs themselves. they require lot of attention, absurd inventory managment, repetitive behaviour, complicated tasks...all that and much more that comes from outside can make man to lose interest. or maybe that thing comes with years.

maybe its just natural process when you must take cooldown like when serial killer kills another victim and then he take cooldown period.

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
i keeping jumping from a genre to another genre,right now i losing the desire of playing strategy games,i coming back to RPGs.

Master

Arbiter
I have lost desire to play rpgs. What can we do in such situations?

Fallout.jpg

My old medication

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Play other genres. I can't say in all honesty I've been missing RPGs. This year I've played: Koudelka, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Haunting Ground, Yakuza. Yakuza in particular was pretty fun (indeed, my major issue was how repetitive getting into fights all the time could get), and I heard Yakuza 2 is even better.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
The longer you play, the higher your standards get. Until they are no longer realistic.
Gaming will not change for you, you will find maybe one or two good games a year. But most often, you will go back to your old favorite games or to your "main game" that you did spend the most time with. It's time to move on, get another hobby.

Yeah, stick with books, pen and paper RPG's and so on.

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
Play other genres. I can't say in all honesty I've been missing RPGs. This year I've played: Koudelka, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Haunting Ground, Yakuza. Yakuza in particular was pretty fun (indeed, my major issue was how repetitive getting into fights all the time could get), and I heard Yakuza 2 is even better.

this ! i suggest the OP to play all call of duty games,from call of duty 1 to infinity warfare,they are awesome and never felt repetitive,they will fill your void.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom