Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Brigand: Oaxaca - post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico

Heretic

Cipher
http://steamcommunity.com/games/652410/announcements/detail/1457335268396787936
Version 1.9B
25 September - brianlancaster45
This will be the last update before 2.0. When 2.0 gets released your previous saves will not work. I need to increase the max objects per map, and add more options in the settings, which means I need more variables in the save files. And when the max objects increase I will add a lot more details on the maps.

The main fix in 1.9B is that I changed the auto-pickup system. Now you just automatically target items at your feet, and you can right click to pick it up. This will make the game harder for sure when you are running around a battlefield looting corpses, but it is much less annoying. Please let me know what you think.

There have of course been other fixes, check Brigand Updates.txt.
Brian Lancaster Version 2.0 when? I have purchased the game, but I'm still waiting for the substantial patches to drop before diving in.

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
This shit looks sweet, will there be a wall level?

lulz

Version 2.0 when? I have purchased the game, but I'm still waiting for the substantial patches to drop before diving in.

Probably in a month or so. Before the end of October for sure. I'll leave the old version up so people can finish their saved games.

I plan to play this one next month, after I finish the excellent Rock of Ages 2 because I love challenging and unusual games and the Deus Ex games. I have a questions: What are good character builds for this? It sounds like I need to build the character carefully to survive in this game.

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
I plan to play this one next month, after I finish the excellent Rock of Ages 2 because I love challenging and unusual games and the Deus Ex games. I have a questions: What are good character builds for this? It sounds like I need to build the character carefully to survive in this game.

Some skills compliment each other:
Hardware + Pistols or Rifles
Strength + Agility + Chemistry (rush with melee weapons, poison blades, make grenades and throw them farther)
Charisma + Medicine (gather allies and heal them while they fight)
Survival + Stealth + Agility (survive alone, stay hidden)

Also, I suggest you upgrade skills in increments of 5.

Heretic

Cipher
Version 2.0 is here. Thank you! I can start my playthrough now.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/652410/announcements/detail/1441576474436014813
Version 2.0
2 November - brianlancaster45
I finally got the new version up and everything seems to be working. I would back up your save file if you have one, though, as the sub-directories have all changed to accommodate for multiple story files. It's probably fine, but better to be safe.

Included is a save converter, so if you want to continue your character from version 1, run that program first on the launch menu, select your character, and wait a few seconds.

Major changes include a new World Editor launch option. The world editor could still use some work, but you can play around with it and start creating your own stories. I still have to implement a way to upload files, but it will probably be a while before any content is ready anyway. I was planning to have a free example DLC story with this release, but that will have to wait a week or so. It will be a single-map defense challenge.

As for bug fixes, the upside-down texture bug is no more. The solution was so simple that I now spit at my reflection in the mirror every morning for not fixing it earlier. I also increased the max objects per map from 2000 to 5000, so feel free to hoard as many guns and beers as you want on any map -- it won't crash the game.

There's a whole lot of other fixes, too. Check the Brigand Updates text file in the game folder to see everything that's been updated.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Was gonna take the plunge after the 2.0 update, but I think I'll hold off until December, since I don't have the time this month to commit to a :obviously: game of this scale :(

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Was gonna take the plunge after the 2.0 update, but I think I'll hold off until December, since I don't have the time this month to commit to a :obviously: game of this scale :(

I'm gonna upload a single-map challenge DLC on Sunday or Monday for those of you with commitment problems. I'll post it here.

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
@Don Peste, some other people reported that. It must have something to do with Windows blocking memory, or maybe an anti-virus program. I'm gonna look into it.
@aweigh, yes, the plan is to make him sue me so I can counter-counter-sue him counter-suing me. This is post-Trump America, so I have no choice.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
This game is actually fun. If it released 20 years ago the codex would consider it a classic.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Expansion set in a new setting with a new story:

https://blancaster45.itch.io/brigand-panama-dlc

But apparently Steam does not send those Panama papers to you for some reason:

(AHEM) DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS YET! NO NEW FILES DOWNLOAD YET FOR SOME REASON AND I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT BUT THERE IS STILL NOTHING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Brigand: Panama

The Pirate Kingdoms are ravaged by civil war, and another wave of refugees is crashing into the mainland to escape the bloodshed. Ozee and his crew are bound for Panama, where there is rumor of an old Baroque facility deep in the jungle that contains technology that will help turn the tides and establish dominance over the islands once again.

The player must stop them, or help them.

New Features:

-Completely new story and setting that will take about 20 hours to complete.
-New items, including clams, bamboo, spears, smoking pipes, fishing rods, flamethrowers, cryo grenades, homing rockets, and more.
-New baddies, including animated skeletons, shamans, cyber hounds, fire loa, and more.
-New special abilities and voodoo spells.
-New cast of characters with unique personalities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom