Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DoW 2 will suck hard

DemonKing

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
DemonKing said:
It looks like Company of Space Marines to me

What part of it.

The graphics engine, the cover system, the retreat option, the ability to occupy buildings, the reinforce option...

Re: See what I did there?

Trash said:
You sad sack of shit, I'm sure you're one of those people that claim starcraft is a finely tuned and balanced game.

It is.

RTS games mostly suck because the mayority of them rely on being able to click as an idiot.

Clicking like an idiot won't help you much. You also need to click in right places at the right time. That's like saying the strategy games mostly suck because 'mayority' of them relies only on moving icons around like an idiot.

Go get your ADD ass fucked in some shitty darkroom if all you can do here is act like a cunt.

Definition of irony.

@DemonKing: And the wargear drops... and invincible squad leaders... and boss fights...
That's the whole point, if the game was literally CoSM I'd be masturbating furiously to whatever screenshots are there right now, because CoH had awesome engine kind of wasted on the bland setting. But they made it into some kind of fucking Halo Wars or shit I don't know

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Except for the immortal leaders and boss health meters, it looks really promising actually.

Jump marines falling headfirst into enemy squads seems like some great fun.

Destroid

Arcane
As long as the multiplayer is kickass, couldnt give a shit about what kind of lame single player they make.

Shannow

Waster of Time
DemonKing said:
Emotional Vampire said:
DemonKing said:
It looks like Company of Space Marines to me

What part of it.

The graphics engine, the cover system, the retreat option, the ability to occupy buildings, the reinforce option...
But that is only because CoH already looked a lot like DoW...

And you forgoth the weapons upgrades, Stratrgic points, squad-based...

Misspelled "forgot" but I'll stick with it. Reminds me of Beth lying about Fargoth. What a boring piece of information. Not worth reading.

oscar

Arcane
I've never enjoyed destroying buildings. Or robots for that matter. Just seems tedious.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Destroid said:
As long as the multiplayer is kickass, couldnt give a shit about what kind of lame single player they make.
Looks like you can save your money since DoW2 will have GFW Live.

Destroid

Arcane
Games for windows live can die in a fire, jesus christ.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom