Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How much perception to find armags tomb manually?

With 2 characters with about 30, I still wasn't able to find it AFTER succeeding the boatman encounter, which supposedly lowers the DC.

I finally gave up and started the project to send scouts and BOOM, found it right away (before actually finishing the project I believe). I think you maybe CAN'T find it before flagging some quest triggers.

ArchAngel

Arcane
No way to find out. ~30-40 should be enough but all skill DC upped by difficulty sliders. Inq-Jaethal is worked for me with skill in this range on Hard&Unfair, but all my party has points in Perception.
EDIT: you need to look for Tomb manually anyway, projects only reduce DC, but I never waste time on them.
You should be wasting time, that 30 day project gives you 4 more weeks to level up your advisors :D
Game takes into account players will do projects and does not punish you for it. I always use that time to improve my kingdom :)

ArchAngel

Arcane

With 2 characters with about 30, I still wasn't able to find it AFTER succeeding the boatman encounter, which supposedly lowers the DC.

I finally gave up and started the project to send scouts and BOOM, found it right away (before actually finishing the project I believe). I think you maybe CAN'T find it before flagging some quest triggers.
Did you level up in the meantime? Putting +1 points into Perception will allow you a new check.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Considered this, but I do not think so. Cannot be 100% certain however. And I'm pretty sure I didn't actually finish the project, just started it, went out to explore and found it right away.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You should be wasting time, that 30 day project gives you 4 more weeks to level up your advisors :D
Game takes into account players will do projects and does not punish you for it. I always use that time to improve my kingdom :)
But why spend ~200-400 BP on them too when you have high Perception chars? Next chapter will start at fixed date anyway, it is easier to level your advisors when not spammed by Barbarian Attacks events.
And risk Armag succumbing to blade if you want him alive.

panda

Savant

I read somewhere that you need 35. It was during my first playthrough, though, thus pretty long time ago considering updates frequency.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
By the way, the last patch appears to have fixed Greater Trip, which was often not causing AoOs on enemy falling down, particularly after bite cloak trips.

Now the fauchard biting tripper build is even more ridiculous!
3 base two-handed attacks with 50 Str, 15-20 crit range and 6d6 sneaks (up to 5 with Haste and Transformation), 3 bite attacks, if they land up to 3 trip attempts, usually 3 enemies tripped causing 3 automatic Mastery strikes (no attack roll) plus 3 Mastery Attacks of Opportunity (with attack rolls).
Plus galore of other AoOs, as you have large reach, sometimes enemies try to shoot or cast in your range, you also have teamwork combo feats (Outflank, Seize the Moment), including Opportunist. So I reckon in a party ~18 effective attacks in a round are possible.

PmiYd8L.jpg

(Guess Monarch's Str was already a little debuffed here, their CMD is usually a bit higher... or maybe it's an effect of Shatter Defenses Flat-footed?).

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

By the way, the last patch appears to have fixed Greater Trip, which was often not causing AoOs on enemy falling down, particularly after bite cloak trips.

Now the fauchard biting tripper build is even more ridiculous!
3 base two-handed attacks with 50 Str, 15-20 crit range and 6d6 sneaks (up to 5 with Haste and Transformation), 3 bite attacks, if they land up to 3 trip attempts, usually 3 enemies tripped causing 3 automatic Mastery strikes (no attack roll) plus 3 Mastery Attacks of Opportunity (with attack rolls).
Plus galore of other AoOs, as you have large reach, sometimes enemies try to shoot or cast in your range, you also have teamwork combo feats (Outflank, Seize the Moment), including Opportunist. So I reckon in a party ~18 effective attacks in a round are possible.

PmiYd8L.jpg

(Guess Monarch's Str was already a little debuffed here, their CMD is usually a bit higher... or maybe it's an effect of Shatter Defenses Flat-footed?).
Post the build.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Or you can just make a standard Kineticist with nothing out of the usual and pick up Deadly Earth at high levels that does all this but better and in large AoE :P

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Where THE FUCK is the backpack of my fighters and why THE FUCK the weapons sets are not showing anymore on their backs?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Where THE FUCK is the backpack of my fighters and why THE FUCK the weapons sets are not showing anymore on their backs?

Do you have visual adjustments mod installed?

No, I have the latest patch 1.3

their backpacks and weapons on their back only shot in the inventory UI

it's a bug. the weapons sets appear on activation/selection on the UI bar
I thought this is a new "feature" that came with the patch...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Post the build.

Certainly. I have actually reviewed it and made some adjustments and optimizations. With 2nd DLC you can have wings and I figured with 50 Str you can be quite successful at Intimidating enemies with Dreadful Carnage, which adds quite a bit to this build's ability to hold flanks/assault alone or even solo.

Here you go: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...aker-builds-and-strats-thread.124160/page-119

Or you can just make a standard Kineticist with nothing out of the usual and pick up Deadly Earth at high levels that does all this but better and in large AoE :P

You're not wrong.

But I consider it less fun then being in the middle of the action, swinging a meaty two-hander, felling enemies left, right and center. Plus you don't have to worry about friendly fire.
I reckon its also more difficult to reach durability sufficient to tank (don't doubt its possible) and early game might not be so hot (water for defense or fire for offense? choices, choices).

And my Kalikke was pulling 40 CMB aoe Trips, not 60+ :P Couldn't cripple enemies to land them even easier either.
Still fun and pretty great for Ghastly Guardians.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Buy the Ring of Circumstances :P

...or save some for the House merchant, I suppose. She has a very valuable book for sale :P

Incendax

Augur
I had around 5 million in the game where I picked up almost everything, and a golf bag of weapons I could have sold for more. Plus all those +5 Falchions and the like that you cannot sell in the end. There is more than enough gold to buy all the BP in the game, if you actually need that much for whatever reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom