Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guidance please.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You said you were sitting in class, yet you don't have a teacher? That explains a lot! And where did you get the mobile game part from? Was that the voices in your head?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
What is the deal with the kingcomrade? Why is he an option in voting polls and what was his legacy? Some help pls

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What is the deal with the kingcomrade? Why is he an option in voting polls and what was his legacy? Some help pls
images

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Okay, I've got my list of games that I'm going around buying. I can't find the original Baldur's Gate on GOG, is the only way to play the old one through the physical disk? Or, are the EE worth getting and playing?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Why are you even looking at BG when you started on Wizardry? I knew your plan was shit and you would abandon it.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Nigga, I am playing it right now. I’m also buying the games I plan to play in the future.

Barbalos

Savant
I suggest alternative sources for OG Baldur's Gate I and II. I'm not giving Beamdog any money for their shite. I think original BG with Trilogy plus appropriate mods is better than what they're offering, and I paid for the original BG back in the day anyway.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I suggest alternative sources for OG Baldur's Gate I and II. I'm not giving Beamdog any money for their shite. I think original BG with Trilogy plus appropriate mods is better than what they're offering, and I paid for the original BG back in the day anyway.
Okay, I’ll just get the OG copies then, I’m sure they’ll work on windows 10, I hope.

Barbalos

Savant
Okay, I’ll just get the OG copies then, I’m sure they’ll work on windows 10, I hope.

I'm running Windows 10, with the Trilogy mod that links the two, and a bunch of other mods. Works fine. You can find Baldur's Gate The Original Saga through alternative methods, and here is the guide to modding it that I used:
https://af.gog.com/news/enhance_the...ion_of_baldurs_gate_from_gogcom?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
You can download the classic versions if buying the EEs from GOG. The downside is that you will support the shysters of Beamdog.

Barbalos

Savant
The most obvious thing that bothers me about the "EE" is those hideous outlines that I see everyone screenshot. Looks awful, ruins the entire art style. And it's pretty funny how they introduced so many bugs with their half ass enhancements that they've been bugfixing it since release.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
The most obvious thing that bothers me about the "EE" is those hideous outlines that I see everyone screenshot. Looks awful, ruins the entire art style. And it's pretty funny how they introduced so many bugs with their half ass enhancements that they've been bugfixing it since release.
I don’t like the outlines in screenshots I’ve been seeing either. There’s a package of BG 1/2 with expansions on amazon, it has a “Sweden” Label on it but the comments say it’s in english, it’s $10 bucks dunno if it’s legit or not.

Barbalos

Savant
You can turn off the outlines.

I'm aware. But still, the bugs they introduced, and the laziness of the remaster as well. It's all indicative of how incompetent Beamdog is. They added nothing of value to that series. And, like I said, I'm confident in saying the original saga modded is significantly better than the sum of what they've done.

Barbalos

Savant
Last edited by a moderator:

Barbalos

Savant
I don’t like the outlines in screenshots I’ve been seeing either. There’s a package of BG 1/2 with expansions on amazon, it has a “Sweden” Label on it but the comments say it’s in english, it’s $10 bucks dunno if it’s legit or not.

I'd suggest more alternative methods than that. GoG did release the Original Saga at one point.

NatureOfMan

Educated
The most approachable CRPG from the older ones is Dark Sun IMO. Eitherways good luck with Wizardry, blobbers are not my cup of tea and my powerlevel isn't high enough yet to play a game like that. Hell I even procrastinate playing Pool of Radiance.

NWN is a great game if you include the modules, multiplayer servers and the expansions and just forget the OC ever existed. Still not having full party control blows ass, I know it was originally intended to be played multiplayer and optionally with a DM but they should've added full party control or at least made the henchmen less retarded. Combat encounters feel much more random when for example Linu(the cleric henchman) sometimes decides not to fucking use her spells when you desperately need them. Oh well at least she's also retarded lorewise so that's something.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I’m going after Pool of Radiance after Wizardry. Wizardry is so fucking hard I keep getting ambushed and having to start over cause priest sucks dick at bringing my guys back to life. I will play Dark Sun before Baldur’s Gate though.

NatureOfMan

Educated
I’m going after Pool of Radiance after Wizardry. Wizardry is so fucking hard I keep getting ambushed and having to start over cause priest sucks dick at bringing my guys back to life. I will play Dark Sun before Baldur’s Gate though.
Yeah Pool of Radiance > Dark Sun > Baldur's Gate sounds like a very good way to progress into the DnD games. Pool of Radiance is the pinnacle of the Gold Box games(so I've heard at least), Dark Sun is the perfect symbiosis between BG and PoR and Baldur's Gate is well, you know, great.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I know POR is 1st or 2nd edition which are both very different from 3.75 (Pathfinder Kingmaker). So, I will download the older manuals, wish me luck:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom