Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah, true, should've left it how it was, but decided to not be antagonistic, even if it was as a friendly jab. Actually, living in Germany has made me even more bitter and spiteful towards the SJW vocabulary and terminology. At my German school, there are German courses specifically for women, so they can have their safe space (actual words used, just in German). I've seen not 1, not 2, but 3 marches against homophobia, islamophobia, antisemitism, racism, sexism and what have you since I've been living here. It's simply cringey, reactionary and virtue-signal-y at this point.
Hahahaha it seems that germany is not the paradise promised. In due time you will see the light and join the righteous nazi party!
PS: Conflict here is good,most people here don't get butthurt over some banter. The ones that get butthurt,well they are not worth it.

That you believe the stuff, you just wrote, without any hint of irony.
And i haven't seen your stupid posts,thus you are irrelevant faggot that could go suck some fat neggro dick!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh somebody can't handle not having the birthright to access every sphere of life they don't necessarily belong to. Such oppression, poor you.
I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to, but I'm assuming it's SJW-leaning because of the avatar. You can use the same exact logic to justify black people not being allowed in white bathrooms or women not voting. "Oh, you are a black man or woman and can't handle not having the birthright to access every sphere (the bathroom or voting in this case) of life you don't necessarily belong to? Such oppression, poor you". I'm not bitter for "not being able to access" a German course for women, though, those are some mental gymnastics

Wesp5

Arcane
And to be honest, I think it will just turn to black and most of it will be in our heads.

Which is exactly how Bloodlines did it, so regardless of all the SJW talk here, we shouldn't forget that Bloodlines was heavily censored when it was released too. Like we had a fade out and some sounds for Jeanette which was very hard to get to anyway, and only a hint at stuff going on in the streets. Everything else was restored by the patch because most of it was actually still there, only disabled on purpose probably on behalf of Activision...

HansDampf

Arcane
And to be honest, I think it will just turn to black and most of it will be in our heads.

Which is exactly how Bloodlines did it, so regardless of all the SJW talk here, we shouldn't forget that Bloodlines was heavily censored when it was released too. Like we had a fade out and some sounds for Jeanette ...
Thank goodness! That's not censorship. Nobody wants to see that scene animated, considering how all the other ... less challenging cutscenes look in that game.
Let's hope Bloodlines 2 isn't going to have biowarian romances. The closest thing to a romance in Bloodlines would be Heather, and that relationship doesn't end in sex.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I suppose now is the best time to ask something that has bothered me for a while regarding the White Wolf lore: can vampires get a hard-on or not? I suppose (since it's 2019) I also have to add that I'm referring to vampires with a cock. I wanna know for my next playthrough of Bloodlines that my character is giving Jaennete Voerman something ot remember him by.

Codex Year of the Donut
I suppose now is the best time to ask something that has bothered me for a while regarding the White Wolf lore: can vampires get a hard-on or not? I suppose (since it's 2019) I also have to add that I'm referring to vampires with a cock. I wanna know for my next playthrough of Bloodlines that my character is giving Jaennete Voerman something ot remember him by.
I answered this earlier in the thread.
Yes, they can.

Because Blush of Life isn't an illusion?

By spending a variable number ofblood points, a vampire may will himself to appear more human for a scene: flushing his skin, drawing breath, even becoming capable of engag- ing in sexual intercourse (this last, while helpful in certain types of feeding, in no way means that the vampire may inseminate a mortal or become pregnant; a corpse is still a corpse, after all). Performing these actions for a scene requires an expenditure of blood points equal to (8 minus Humanity); thus, Kindred with Humanity scores of 8 or higher may accomplish these feats automatically, while vampires with low Humanity find the process exceedingly arduous.

Engaging in sexual intercourse is in the rulebook.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I suppose now is the best time to ask something that has bothered me for a while regarding the White Wolf lore: can vampires get a hard-on or not? I suppose (since it's 2019) I also have to add that I'm referring to vampires with a cock.

Yes.

I wanna know for my next playthrough of Bloodlines that my character is giving Jaennete Voerman something ot remember him by.

Not with the cock. If they drank each others' blood though, that's a different story.

Vibalist

Arcane

Which is exactly how Bloodlines did it, so regardless of all the SJW talk here, we shouldn't forget that Bloodlines was heavily censored when it was released too. Like we had a fade out and some sounds for Jeanette ...
Thank goodness! That's not censorship. Nobody wants to see that scene animated, considering how all the other ... less challenging cutscenes look in that game.
Let's hope Bloodlines 2 isn't going to have biowarian romances. The closest thing to a romance in Bloodlines would be Heather, and that relationship doesn't end in sex.

And the type of relationship the PC has with Heather is probably the only type of relationship a vampire can have. They're supposed to be manipulative and monstrous, not loving and romantic. It would be a total misfire if they tried to shoehorn a real, romantic relationship into their game.

Delterius

Arcane

And the type of relationship the PC has with Heather is probably the only type of relationship a vampire can have. They're supposed to be manipulative and monstrous, not loving and romantic. It would be a total misfire if they tried to shoehorn a real, romantic relationship into their game.
hey, turning your vampire dick into a dead decomposing dildo for heather for a whole blood point is nothing if not a loving thing to do :friendly:

Codex Year of the Donut

did you skip over VV?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yes, they can get erect.

Ok, even though we've talked about this extensively, I wonder why, there are some new thoughts I have that may seem interesting. First of all, if we are going to go by the lore and by the most drama potential, we have to say that the physical side of sex means nothing and it doesn't feel different than being touched on any other part of your body. This is mostly a curse, not a better form of being a human. When we remove the biological drive for having sex, but also taking into account what it does for the vampire outside of strengthening social relationships, what is left is the purely intellectual desire for some kind of intimacy that they try to fulfill with sex. The vampires are hollow husks in terms of emotions, they don't feel anything apart from the hunger for blood, the instinct of self-preservation, and some form of emotional and physical orgasm when they bite someone, so the act of sex itself is purely a mechanical exercise, no more pleasurable than holding hands. This can be great drama potential, the vampire that longs for the thrills s/he is now denied, like Don Giovanni, yearning for love that doesn't exist. Engaging in sex is a vain attempt at recapturing something. Or a way to explore different kinds of intimate relationships that don't rely on sex or emotions.

The lore has a kind of workaround - the Blood Bonds. The only way for a vampire to feel just a slight echo of emotional intimacy, it isn't like being a human, but it's through the only thing vampires have, blood. It's infinitely faint, though, it's not "just as good as the real thing" and that's also great drama fodder. It might be confused with love, it's like seeing love through the shards of a broken mirror, but it might convince some vampires it's real and they can feel something. I don't know why I want to repeat that this is and should be a curse. This is why vampires become alien in their mindsets after a while, they completely forget what it was like to feel anything outside of hunger. Vampires might also try to have sex with one another and drink blood from each other's genitals, like a mockery of the human act.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Yes, they can get erect.

Ok, even though we've talked about this extensively, I wonder why, there are some new thoughts I have that may seem interesting. First of all, if we are going to go by the lore and by the most drama potential, we have to say that the physical side of sex means nothing and it doesn't feel different than being touched on any other part of your body. This is mostly a curse, not a better form of being a human. When we remove the biological drive of having sex, but also taking into account what it does for the vampire outside of strengthening social relationships, what is left is the purely intellectual desire for some kind of intimacy that they try to fulfill with sex. The vampires are hollow husks in terms of emotions, they don't feel anything apart from the hunger for blood, the instinct of self-preservation, and some form of orgasm when they bite someone, so the act of sex itself is purely a mechanical exercise, no more pleasurable than holding hands. This can be great drama potential, the vampire that longs for the thrills s/he is now denied, like Don Giovanni, yearning for love that doesn't exist. Or a way to explore different kinds of intimate relationships that don't rely on sex or emotions.

The lore has a kind of workaround - the Blood Bonds. The only way for a vampire to feel just a slight echo of emotional intimacy, it isn't like being a human, but it's through the only thing vampires have, blood. It's infinitely faint, though, it's not "just as good as the real thing" and that's also great drama fodder. I don't know why I feel the need to repeat that this is and should be a curse. This is why vampires become alien in their mindsets after a while, they completely forget what it was like to feel anything outside of hunger.
Going to need some citations for this.
Why would Toreadors engage in orgies if they feel nothing?
If they're "hollow husks in terms of emotions" then why does the masochist flaw exist?
If sex wasn't enjoyable then they'd likely have added it in the rulebook where they explicitly say vampires can engage in sex and give you some information about it. (Actually, they specifically say "Sex is great" on v20 p.9 fyi)

What you're suggesting is that vampires are nothing but robots with blood addictions. That simply is not true. If they had no way of enjoying themselves outside of feeding and diablerie then they'd all just off themselves from boredom, nobody would be playing a long game in this scenario.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
They can feel pain, that isn't an emotion, it's a sensation. They did add sex in the rulebook and said you can simulate it by spending an entire blood point (!) and you can force yourself to orgasm, you don't feel anything by being stimulated otherwise, and it would feel a bit good, but it doesn't come with emotions of intimacy or excitement, it's just a very brief jolt of physical pleasure that requires you to expend precious blood (I thirst from lack of precious blood!) and pales in comparison to the Kiss. I don't know what you mean by Toreadors engaging in orgies, give me examples.

Either way, vampires are bored most of the time, just ask the Toreador, but they can still engage in intellectual pursuits that will pass the time, that doesn't mean they get any satisfaction or emotions out of it. And boredom or not being bored is also not an emotion, it's a state of mind. You don't emotionally feel bored, you are bored.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom