Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Codex Year of the Donut
I thought Sabbat were boring, mindless killing machines as portrayed in Bloodlines. The Camarilla has more potential though.
The v5 writers agree which is why the elders basically packed their bags and moved east.

The Sabbat were right before Gehenna was retconned. Bloodlines (and Redemption) didn't do a very good job with them.
Even though Gehenna was retconned there's still plenty of other source material to pull from.
Like Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand. :D

Last edited:

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
Mitsoda's voice is seared in to my head as a Bloodlines voice "actor". This game likely wont be great, but I loved the first so much (9 playthroughs I think? Including the one I'm running now) I wont be able to help myself. D1p for me.

theLorry

Educated
I'd like to see a vampire killer that turns out to be a vampire.
Blade-Wesley-Snipes-Featured-Image-resize.jpg
Will he open his eyes, though?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I thought Sabbat were boring, mindless killing machines as portrayed in Bloodlines. The Camarilla has more potential though.
They are cackling villains, but their mindless killing and shit isn't necessarily that uninteresting, it's just that from the outside looking in, they kinda have to be portrayed as the murderhobo retards that they actually are, whereas from the inside it's more interesting but also absolutely horrifying. It becomes a bit of an issue, because if you would have a game that properly portrayed the pre-V5 Sabbat from the inside, it would get an AO-rating, no doubt.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That is not the problem with Sabbat. The real narrative problem was how Vampires managed to keep themselves hidden when you had Sabbat running around the streets and causing mayhem.

Lambach

Arcane
I thought Sabbat were boring, mindless killing machines as portrayed in Bloodlines.

In the earlier editions, the Sabbat were mindless murderhobos. They were generic villains and boogeymen that were never really intended to be played or understood, they were just sort of there when the Storyteller wanted to punish his players for being stupid.

A couple of editions and several Splatbooks/Sourcebooks later, they were fleshed out a lot more, but lots of inconsistencies and generally just dumb shit were introduced alongside it.

Cael

Arcane
I thought Sabbat were boring, mindless killing machines as portrayed in Bloodlines.

In the earlier editions, the Sabbat were mindless murderhobos. They were generic villains and boogeymen that were never really intended to be played or understood, they were just sort of there when the Storyteller wanted to punish his players for being stupid.

A couple of editions and several Splatbooks/Sourcebooks later, they were fleshed out a lot more, but lots of inconsistencies and generally just dumb shit were introduced alongside it.
That is pretty much standard in any setting when dumbfuck authors try to be post-modernist twats and submitted to the millenial need to be Evulul shits and fleshed out bad guys that should never be fleshed out in the first place. They introduce all sorts of inconsistencies and general dumb shit, and then try to retcon it, and create an even bigger mess. Just take a look at Dragon Age 2 and beyond, and let's not even go into the interstellar Singularity of Stupidity(tm) that is Mechwarrior: Dark Age.

Codex Year of the Donut
That is not the problem with Sabbat. The real narrative problem was how Vampires managed to keep themselves hidden when you had Sabbat running around the streets and causing mayhem.
because the sabbat are being controlled by a secret group of vampires who themselves are being controlled by a true secret group of vampires who fight interdimensional aliens
(I'm being 100% serious)

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
because the sabbat are being controlled by a secret group of vampires who themselves are being controlled by a true secret group of vampires who fight interdimensional aliens
(I'm being 100% serious)

The Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand has been declared a mistake by the authors themselves, shortly after publication.

Codex Year of the Donut
(I'm being 100% serious)

The Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand has been declared a mistake by the authors themselves, shortly after publication.
too late, secret sect of secret sect of vampires fighting cthulu is fair game for vtmb2

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
(I'm being 100% serious)

too late, secret sect of secret sect of vampires fighting cthulu is fair game for vtmb2
Half the shit in PP games that was added later is a fucking mistake. PP lore is added by a bunch of different people with different ideas,it always end up as mishmash of retarded diarrhea and some genuinely interesting things.

frajaq

Erudite
That's why if the devs are smart they only use the good and cool things of the setting, and quietly ignore the retarded shit. If any moron complains you can go "we ran out of resources/did not fit the story and theme of the game"

Cael

Arcane
(I'm being 100% serious)

Heh. The whole idea of the Technocracy is to prevent that kind of shit. "We will school the masses in SCIENCE so that they won't accidentally dream up Cthulu space aliens and destroy us all!" Of course, they fuck up the whole magic thing along the way by making the world so rigid that any little thing out of place can result in a paradox backlash, but as one of their main spheres is stasis, I suppose it does make sense...

Delterius

Arcane
(I'm being 100% serious)

every rules system has at least one Complete Book of Elves, but White Wolf published several

never forget http://destroythis.blogspot.com/2014/07/intro.html

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Because people both in the Camarilla and the Sabbat both have it as their sole job description to cover up Sabbat masquerade breaches. Even their mayhem tend to get pinned on terrorists and shit, and this was before everyone had a camera phone.

deuxhero

Arcane

I thought the Sabbat believed in the Masquerade, they just liked pushing it so the Camarilla wasted resources cleaning up after them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom