Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Stolen from reddit, diary of a peasant;
0fi8ghb5ufw21.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane

Best cRPG he played.

And he finished it on Hard, resting rarely and not even buffing for most fights. He would only buff up if he could not win the fight after two reloads :D

Also he never learned to move his characters away during combat, he rather died and reloaded lol.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I forgot, he also never used V to slow time during some clusterfuck battles, I am not even sure if he knew that existed. He almost never used good positioning and rarely used CC spells (and if he did, he never bothered to keep his own party outside it) :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Did you know that some of the Owlcat Games team members did the voiceover for some of the monsters in the game? That's right when you fight a mandragora, a troll or some other monsters, you may hear one of the game designers or narrative designers roar!

Today it's time to hear Mandragora voiceover by Olga Kellner, Olwcat Games' narrative designer.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I should probably start playing P:K in offline mode. It is only thing that could save me from unhealthy 2 000 hours played in steam profile before game's first anniversary.

Thal

Prophet
I should probably start playing P:K in offline mode. It is only thing that could save me from unhealthy 2 000 hours played in steam profile before game's first anniversary.
You know, I hear there's this procedurally generated infinite dungeon dlc coming out soon.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You know, I hear there's this procedurally generated infinite dungeon dlc coming out soon.

That's why just to stop playing is not an option.

But I kinda hope to do complete run in Deadfire with recently announced 5.0 and long weekend while waiting for Endless Dungeon release.
(I also hope Obsidian wont add a wagon of shiny new bugs in aforementioned 5.0. Because I am still butthurt after my amazing experience with 1.0 at the previous year's long weekend.)

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
P:K is very good but I'm sure its followup (Pathfinder Kingmaker 2?) will be much better. It will (or at least should) be streamlined. Great that they got so much feedback from the players and can perhaps improve on those boss dungeons where blocks of monsters just wait for you to come to them instead of having them roam or activate by something more interesting. It makes for less static encounter design. There's just a LOT of content in P:K adding so many extra hours that it can feel like a slog after a while. I haven't touched the game in over a week but still have a chapter to go.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

On the contrary, you should stream what you're doing. Maybe educate mediocrities on how to actually be a real gamer.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeasterday I hit level 10.
Gotta love a Sword Saint with Spellstrike Intensified Maximized Shocking Grasps:
EMxpY9V.jpg

6C6jZoa.jpg

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can't find much detail on the third DLC - will it be in the main story? Owlcat are the best thing to happen to CRPG in years, but they missed a step with that DLC where you play as another character. It's all about setting up your alter ego in another world, not multiple personality alter egos (plural). I've started downloading on my shit bandwidth again, should be done by the end of the month.

purpleblob

Savant
I can't find much detail on the third DLC - will it be in the main story? Owlcat are the best thing to happen to CRPG in years, but they missed a step with that DLC where you play as another character. It's all about setting up your alter ego in another world, not multiple personality alter egos (plural). I've started downloading on my shit bandwidth again, should be done by the end of the month.

From Owlcat forums:

* It is set in a Cave, under the stolen lands. The Cave constantly rearranges itself in what is called an "Endless Dungeon."
* Story Content is minimal and atmospheric centered around an end boss. I've been told by reliable sources that the end boss is apparently "really epic in scale."
* You can access the endless dungeon with your main character in "Campaign" mode, or start a new character to explore it from the main menu in "Standalone" Mode.
* This is likely to be the last DLC for the game.
* The Level Cap for this DLC is 20.
* From the Main Menu you start the dungeon in Standalone Mode at level 1. Campaign mode starting level is not yet clear.
* The Party Cap is 6, same as the main game.
* Default mode for Standalone DLC is Last Azlanti.
* Camping will take time in Campaign mode. Standalone has NO time limits.
* Standalone Mode is a Rogue-Iike experience.
* When restarting with a New party after dying in Standalone Mode, you will start with certain boons.
*There will be checkpoints so you don't need to run through 10 minutes of empty dungeons.
* There will be some new enemies.
* The final Boss is also a new enemy.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If they make another Pathfinder game, I wonder if they'll adapt another AP or do something original.

Not sure how much freedom Paizo gives them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom