Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Decline 32: The Wheel Turns

shalis

Barely Literate
is recruitment closed? if not would you take a newish player and brand new codexer with Arcoscephale?

sqeecoo

Arcane
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

It has 14 or so provinces per player, seems legit to me. Snerdryn with 10 people + 1 UW would be about 12 per player. We could do bigger, but someone will have to sacrifice themselves and edit a CR or AIDS map.

We could also use the map we're using in the FFA game with Olinser, it's pretty decent:

20190514150551-1.jpg

231 land, 25 water - 21 provinces per player. A bit much, maybe.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cdqaxn0smge40yx/CR16Test4.zip/file

sqeecoo

Arcane
Of course shalis, welcome! If you need any tips or advice, most players here are nice and helpful, if a bit autistic, so feel free to ask any questions you may have either here or in PMs :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
With 12 players, I'm leaning towards the larger map posted above. If you have any suggestions or objections, voice them now :)

Oh and there's been a new patch! Yomi's bakemono are now size 1 and excellent at expansion, allowing for... scales Yomi. Beware.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
shalis welcome to codex!

If you are new to dominions like BING XI LAO then i highly recommend you ask for some recommendations and i'd even go as far as suggesting that all of us - for interest sake, play public pretenders.... e.g. Bing's first few pretender design where so sub-optimal that winning would be basically impossible and being among the 1st 3 to die highly likely - no disrespect to Bing, everyone did it.

But who knows, because there's always some Untermensch who want to ride to victory with a cheesy 1 tricky pony bless strategy and they wouldn't want to show their pretender because then everyone know's they are going to go war early.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Yomi's bakemono are now size 1 and excellent at expansion, allowing for... scales Yomi. Beware.
Woa. I ran a quick test and this massively changes how you can play Yomi. With 3T3P3H3G3L3M 7Dom and a mage bless you break even before the -25% income Yomi has inherently. The Yari Bakemono can actually take everything except mass archers. This might even make flaming arrows a tempting target, since you can shit out ungodly masses of size1 shortbows. You can drop some of the lesser scales and just a modest bless and add an awake expander. Interesting.

shalis

Barely Literate
Thanks everyone for the welcome :)
Just to clarify thou, i'm not new to dominions itself as I've actually been playing it since the original dominions and still have the box set for 1, 2 and 3 somewhere in my home (those manuals have always been such a good read and missed that when I got 4 & 5 on steam), but I am new to the MP side of it with only 1 or 2 games under my belt. I don't think you have to make the pretenders public for my sake, as I think finding out what others are bringing to the table during the game is part of the fun, but I do expect to play and lose quickly as a MP newbie which is totally fine for me. I also never recall playing arcoscephale in any age, so that will be interesting in itself

Is there an updated discord invite link? The one on the OP is unfortunately expired.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Updated the discord link in the OP, should be good for a day. Dunno if you can make a longer one. So take it nobody has a problem with the bigger map posted above? I'll give it a tad bit longer for complaints/suggestions and then go ahead and create the game :)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
by default discord links are 1 day sqeecoo but when you select "create invite" you can specify that it never expires if you fiddle around with the buttons in the dialogue box that comes up

sqeecoo

Arcane
Experimented with AIDS a bit, here's the best result:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9xmnq8aoscc91ir/D32test.zip/file

D32-test2-with-labels.png

looks better ingame, and seems pretty balanced. I removed start locations and added some nostarts for provinces with 3 or less connections, but I left symmetrical throne locations.

Thoughts? I think we'll go with that if there are no complaints. A nice 15 provinces per player, pretty reasonable.

Lizzurd

Cipher
I would ask for 12-14 provinces per player, but this map is nice. Is it possible to make more clustered lakes?

sqeecoo

Arcane
I think they get clustered if you put water nations, its tailored to starting positions for our nations, but with the set positions removed, so spawns are random. In theory I could make a map with a water nation as a 13th player and probably get a big lake, but I kinda like it like this, everybody gets a chance to fight over some water instead of Fomoria taking it all :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
Ok, I've added a download link for the map in the OP, try it out if you like :) If you don't, don't complain later! We have 15 (land) provinces per player, capitols at an average distance of 3 provinces between them.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
What do you think about Xibaba/Hinnom

Originally I was going to go Hinnom, because by my standards it's a small map. Xibaba is more fun though, and i'm addicted to freespawn/blood econ nations.

Like my 2 favs that i've played the most is Lanka and EA Pan, MA Rlyeh or if I play LA I always go for the soul contract build no matter who I play lmao

sqeecoo

Arcane
Llama is back up!
I went ahead and created the game with one of the CR maps, you can check it out from the link in the pinned post or the llama game page.

Time to get this moving! I'd hope everyone has pretenders ready given that we had a pause so let's try to start next week :)

Popot

Educated
I can't use Discord due to phone verification shenanigans, is there some way to bypass that crap?

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm pretty sure you can use a browser based version of discord where you just need your login. Not sure about the verifications, ain't gonna install that shit on my phone.

In other news, the game has started! Good luck to everyone!

Olinser

Savant
Yeah there's an app for phones or ipads, you can install it on a PC, but you can also just open it in a browser with no installation required.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom