Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
long post

This guy is fucked :)
325600CAEA4A0AB4FEDA7D32DBAF311E041EE357

Some skirmish in the woods.
9EC0D30F465BEA2DC139B4D31D0E12E8CA87C5D4

Yeah, at least he didn't killed himself :)
08DFCF3640E0ED5A5C3D62AB2AAE46F951E2F614

Fights start to be interesting :)
CFBFB3EE5C0C7FCA7FF9D11960C4E6C6BE43E0F1

Seems fair ... if the orcs were a starting company :)
82C4AA6299FF95247A1889FE4FEE7D7E11D563C0

Poor orc :)
23EEC194AE7108F54815D2256B60A015596E76CF

Boring.
88A9F32B0AB854DA6F1926DE0A242BD805E77DCA

I waited 20 hours for this battle ... and I won :) The Lone Wolf was perfect against the necromancer. Forgot to screenshot during battle.
224EF5484738C52E68D63BB0C9648B4394B6E8EF

My Lone Wolf is complete :)
E7A41BFD94769BC91238797B8087F3620622ED0D

Entire company: 1 greatsword guy + 2 hammers + 3 flails + 6 polearms which basically it's a wall :)

The hardest fight was against some armored brigands (when I learned about the benefits of having a hammer guy in your team).

Unfortunately I did not find any special items but to be honest, I did not search too much for them.

Murk

Arcane
Day 126 as Lone Wolf -- I am joined by a brawler and a squire. They will die soon, like the 14 others before them. I will cherish their friendship while it lasts.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
how does scaling work in lategame with single unit?

what types of enemies do you fight?

Murk

Arcane
So far I am too hesitant to risk fighting more than 1 Unhold (and Schratts are right out). A single unhold I can indom + slug it out with effectively. Their regen is a pain in the ass but I can outdamage it. Same with Hexes or Alps, unless I want to risk a resolve-off (lost one Lone Wolf that way to 2 Hexes and some randos). If it's possible to get trinkets to resist the charm effect of Hexes, that could be doable pretty easily.

Otherwise all physical fights are fine. Archers (marksman and higher; especially with xbows) are a bigger threat than say Chosen, Orc Warriors, or Hedge Knights (unless there's like 20 of them at which point fatigue management is an issue).

A few fights with masses of raiders (two groups merged into 32, mostly thugs but about 10 raiders) I resorted to using multiple arming swords to riposte my way to victory (sword kept breaking so I'd swap to another and riposte).

Also a few times when shit got 2real I would resort to fleeing the fight than risk losing my character -- some close calls with nearly dying to archers while running.

I haven't reached a crisis yet and am pretty sure that I wont' be able to handle an orc or goblin capital unless I can kill a few -> retreat -> come back. Not sure if they respawn in that process.

Still, I have been on the lookout for some good bros to recruit but have had absolutely SHIT luck there with a few good backgrounds resulting in poor star placement. I am hoping I get the noble war but who knows, it's on random.

The strategy for any major fight I can't avoid is to try to lure other NPCs into it to soak up damage while I flank to their ranger characters. Those times where an event triggers giving me a volunteer/recruit I sometimes use to distract -- often I'll put a wardog on them and have them run around. The AI seems to prioritize attacking my weakest unit, which means if I send my chars in spread directions I can make an opening to exploit with my main dude.

Oh right and morale is my best weapon -- when surrounded, triggering morale breaks (have the wolf pelt armor to assist) with big hits is a huge bonus for a lot of enemies, and the free hits on fleeing enemies is huge (often helping snowball the morale break further). In many fights I'll often try to find a good spot that blocks archer sight and makes it so there are only 3ish hexes adjacent to me that they can attack from, not only to limit how many chances at damaging me the enemy gets but also to avoid the 2-fatigue loss at dodging melee attacks, which can realllly add up.

edit: spelling, I'm typing haphazardly while at work so I'm sure my writing is shit.

Murk

Arcane
bz-5cdc4b80957e9.png

Young orcs seemed to do well against Thralls and Reavers.
Sadly that drummer got away and I still don't know what loot (if any) they drop.

Noice. I've killed maybe 5 or so Drummers and they have only dropped their armor and alt-weapon which is shit that the Thralls have (antler cleaver, claw mace).

Reinhardt

Arcane
Just circle the map and buy stuff for ~base value or lower and then wait until allied city get ambushed trade roads status.
Do combat quests that let you buy cheaper. Return stolen item usually easy and fast, hunt beasts removes bad status. That's your exp.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Oh boi, barbarian king is brutal. And he wasn't even champion...

Dropped Lancers from full hp and armor to exactly 1 hp with one hit.
28hpkrq.jpg

Shanked him but got nothing, no armor, no helmet, no 2h axe.:argh:

And i was lucky - managed to catch him without his chosen boyz

e04z7o.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If that's the kind of gear and money you have on day 74, then trading must be the key to riches. I'm also at day 75-76 but I've only got a few thousand cash and my armors are ~110-115, one is 140.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You need good map for this. I have allied village with both gems and salt, amber- lots of amber, wood - lots of wood, and furs in the north.

Reinhardt

Arcane
If you want to see if trader playstyle is for you you can try my old seed. I don't know about bros in new origins, but trading was pretty good.

Started new run. Seed: Sororitas. Starting companions are meh, but trade is... Oh boi... 2 salt mines(4 with small detours) 2 dye makers, gem mine. Amber and copper for small profits. All in one route around half of the map.
Basically it's like this. Also there is a small puddle of water at the veeeeery top of the map and there is village with wharf and amber to fund your travel if you want to get to another side of the world fast.

vpcdhi.jpg

Modron

Arcane
I know I said this last time you posted that map but I still have never seen a looping road before on my numerous playthroughs before that thing is an aberration. Granted with having different characters who knows maybe even the traits of your starting bros might turn out decent.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
why the fuck are you retards giivng deus vult ratings to a post with an image of rocroi

i fucking hate all you stupid retards on this forum

absolute mongoloids

Lios

Cipher
So my Northern Raiders run just ended somewhere round day 40ish. I love how you start with 3 bearded rednecks and one captive monk, and I love how half the map is hostile, it really makes a different experience for me, since I didn't use to raid caravans, nor did I fight with other mercenary companies too much. The run ended when my (7 man) tribe accepted a long caravan run, we first got jumped by mercenaries which left my men beaten to hell but all alive (one northener survived with a cut nose, which made his already butt-ugly face even more hillarious) but then we immediately clashed with aa hostile caravan + a hostile house patrol. So, 7 already half dead guys vs 11 maximum force royal dogs. I could retreat but said, fuck it, let us show them how northmen die (plus I wanted to try another starting backround). I don't "like" losing, but in this case it was a fitting epilogue and I enjoyed it with all my heart. This is what the game's motto "Losing is fun" means for me: I get to choose to say fuck it all, let's all go down in a blaze of glory and end my personal saga how I want to.

Generally, backrounds are one of the best things that happened in this game. You're forced to change your playstyle to accomodate the specific needs and parameters which is refreshing. Plus, there is something addicting to using the staff sling. Like, really addicting but I can't quite put my finger on it yet (free ammo? dazed status? no there's gotta be something more).

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
long post

This guy is fucked :)
325600CAEA4A0AB4FEDA7D32DBAF311E041EE357

Some skirmish in the woods.
9EC0D30F465BEA2DC139B4D31D0E12E8CA87C5D4

Yeah, at least he didn't killed himself :)
08DFCF3640E0ED5A5C3D62AB2AAE46F951E2F614

Fights start to be interesting :)
CFBFB3EE5C0C7FCA7FF9D11960C4E6C6BE43E0F1

Seems fair ... if the orcs were a starting company :)
82C4AA6299FF95247A1889FE4FEE7D7E11D563C0

Poor orc :)
23EEC194AE7108F54815D2256B60A015596E76CF

Boring.
88A9F32B0AB854DA6F1926DE0A242BD805E77DCA

I waited 20 hours for this battle ... and I won :) The Lone Wolf was perfect against the necromancer. Forgot to screenshot during battle.
224EF5484738C52E68D63BB0C9648B4394B6E8EF

My Lone Wolf is complete :)
E7A41BFD94769BC91238797B8087F3620622ED0D

Entire company: 1 greatsword guy + 2 hammers + 3 flails + 6 polearms which basically it's a wall :)

The hardest fight was against some armored brigands (when I learned about the benefits of having a hammer guy in your team).

Unfortunately I did not find any special items but to be honest, I did not search too much for them.
I like the fact that you give your men flails instead of axes to deal with shields. What influenced your choice?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I like the fact that you give your men flails instead of axes to deal with shields. What influenced your choice?

The damage. With axes you have to tear down the shields while with flails you can damage them from the start.

And if you hit them in the head then it's pretty much a confirmed headshot.

Edit: I have Shield Mastery and Flail Mastery on all of them (except the hammer guys + gs).

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's a real shame you can only have 12 men and no reserves on Lone Wolf. Having an avatar feels so right... but no reserves kills it a lot :(

Modron

Arcane
It's a real shame you can only have 12 men and no reserves on Lone Wolf. Having an avatar feels so right... but no reserves kills it a lot :(
Yeah you lose out on a lot of backgrounds and events, plus you need to basically walk around with only 11 guys if you want a shot at an assassin, to recruit horse/melon buggerers, a pimp, et cetera.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes. It's going really well for my company, but I feel bored being locked to the 12 guys only. I usually rotate and I find it fun to level up dudes. Dammit, really enjoyed this start... guess it's back to Hogger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom