Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
6tkkheU.png

:rpgcodex:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Crispy gets lucky

H5Em6fN.png

ygFlE3A.png

:lol: What? Why, Bioware?

ZWwahI0.jpg

Guess Crispy will ride the bull instead.

ab1nQ5m.jpg

Magical White Missiles cum on your face.

wRO8gyJ.jpg

TEFWGyp.jpg

Bullseye.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
cSSijcO.jpg

3in6MAR.png

CwjettO.png

Oh, boy. Finally. Some midget action.

gImAiqk.png

uwy7GkU.png

HTFpZqY.png

jEDkfMc.png

:hmmm: Here, have some white stuff from my palms.

4kDOWig.jpg

xwZyczC.jpg

What a shame.

Mikeal

Arcane
Playing "Blood" on Extra Crispy part 3.
E3M1: Ghost Town
sSe5llb.jpg

E3M2: The Siege
pgOtz0o.jpg

It's funny how easy was to skip most of this level with jumping boots. Still, I returned and did it right.
8gC4f1o.jpg

E3M3: Raw Sewage
YNuEsG4.jpg

E3M4: The Sick Ward
ycsZxhr.jpg

E3M8: Catacombs
1dsWnnJ.jpg

E3M5: Spare Parts
X6UeaWb.jpg

E3M6: Monster Bait
HwQyhym.jpg

E3M7: The Pit of Cerberus Wait only one Cerberus? Why? I've hoarded all this ammo for nothing.
ctiOhTD.jpg

Overall disapointing episode. Only one Cheogh to kill and all this cool powerfull weapons were wasted on cultists and zombies

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
uukrul_213o8kx9.png

uukrul_212lijt5.png

Oh boy, a shortcut!

uukrul_216mmjxv.png

UUKRUUUL! :argh:
I'm fully expecting him to go 'and I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!' when we finally catch up with him.

Moving on, we find a map of the area:
uukrul_210pwj9r.png

What does this mean?

I know what it means :shredder:

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Dark Future: Blood Red States
Impressions?
Positive so far, but I'm still on honeymoon phase with it.
I've played about 5 missions
-It is a tactical game where you don't directly drive car, but set a lane that it tries to follow, adjust speed into desired setting and choose when to fire weapons (there's turret which can be turned too)
-I found controls to be easy to learn, thing like fine tuning speed is simple to do and there's handy "match target's speed" -command.
-Weapons are cooldown based; no fixed ammo loadout in this one.
-Ramming is viable and quite satisfying.
-Haven't played any missions yet where player could control multiple cars, things might get hectic on those.
-I'm bit worried about how game holds my interest on long term. Car customisation isn't any way near as deep as in Interstate 76, also mission variety might come an issue at some point. Game is probably best treated as something one plays 1 or 2 missions now and then; not main course.
-Still nice to see entry to sub-genre which just comprises of games from indie scene (Convoy, Blasted Road Terror), venerable Roadwar-series and Darkwind: War on Wheels (haven't played that one, because it's multiplayer focused.)

edit.
-forgot to mention rather simple damage model: cars have just directional armour + general hp pool. There's no breakable components on cars at all.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dark Heart of Uukrul is finish. That final area was something else.

uukrul_340t0j6w.png

uukrul_341lkk8g.png

uukrul_343mnkhd.png

Most underrated RPG I've ever played? Check.
Best dungeon crawler I've ever played? Check.
I was right in assuming that I would've given this game a 5 in the Best RPGs poll, had I finished it at the time of voting. It may be extremely linear, with no party building and only 4 characters, but if it allows for design as tight as this I am all for it. The balance and progression in difficulty of puzzles, combat and exploration blows every other game I've played out of the water, quite honestly. Anyone who calls him- or herself a fan of old-school CRPGs needs to play this.

...when's the sequel coming out?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
kingsquest8_1_by_nekot_the_brave_dd7919q-pre.png

ZZ posted an image on twitter a while back and it got me feeling nostalgic so I'm working on beating this game for the first time. Kings Quest 8: Mask of Eternitiy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom