Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm having fun with the game but I started a couple of days ago. Mainly due to seeing the upcoming patch.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Standalone expansion is coming: https://steamcommunity.com/games/527430/announcements/detail/1612763361791528726

Announcing Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy

We are pleased to announce WARHAMMER 40,000: INQUISITOR – PROPHECY, a stand-alone expansion pack for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr. It is a brand new action-RPG experience in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and although Inquisitor – Martyr is not required to play, the story is designed to fit both for new and for returning players.

387be718c3f395267677fbc85abb85f0df0a2d01.jpg

KEY FEATURES

New Class: Play as a Tech-Adept Inquisitor. Summon and enhance units to help defeat enemies and complete investigations. This new summoner class comes with new unique abilities and mechanics, a unique skill-tree and various new melee and ranged builds.

New Campaign: The story of Inquisitor – Martyr continues in three new chapters, with one chapter solely focusing on the Tech-Adept, as its story slowly ties into the main plot.

New Environments: Players can discover huge monasteries, hazardous factories, unforgiving deserts and ruthless worlds engulfed by lava and volcanoes.

New Enemy Races: Inquisitor – Prophecy adds the Eldar and the Tyranids as new enemy races.

New Gameplay Mechanics: Inquisitor – Prophecy will be based on Inquisitor - Martyr’s 2.0 update, bringing the base game’s new level cap, redesigned loot-system and leveling, its new end-game, the co-op campaign mode, new items and a much faster, ARPG-focused gameplay to the stand-alone expansion as well.

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Prophecy will be available on PC on May 28 for $24.99, while those who already own a copy of Inquisitor – Martyr receive -30% off of their purchase for a limited time.

Prophecy is scheduled to release together with Patch 2.0 which is a separate, free content update for Martyr.

We'll reveal more of this new title in the following weeks, so stay tuned, and be sure to check our Community Hub[neocoregames.com] often!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

IMPORTANT: You don’t have to own "Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr" to play this game.

IMPORTANT for "Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr" players: Existing characters, their items and their progress are carried over to the expansion, adjusted to the new 2.0 rules and mechanics. Owners of both "Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr" and "Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Prophecy" won't require separate clients to run the game and the expansion.

WARHAMMER 40,000: INQUISITOR - PROPHECY
Deep within the darkest reaches of the remote Caligari Sector, beyond barriers formed by churning Warp-surges, lies a vast area tainted by the Chaos Gods and threatened by the rise of the foul Xenos. On the barren Death Worlds the hideous Tyranids are slowly coming back from their hibernation, long decades after the defeat of their colossal Hive Fleet, while the Imperium of Mankind faces a new wave of unexplained attacks by Aeldari warriors fleeing their dying Craftworld. And if that wasn’t enough to alarm the Holy Inquisition, a mysterious presence with potentially devastating powers has returned from the Warp on the long-lost “Martyr”, destined to fulfil a prophecy that could change the fate of the entire Sector.

A STAND-ALONE EXPANSION
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy is a stand-alone expansion for the grim action-RPG Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr, set in the violent 41st millennium, when the galaxy is at constant war. Purge the unclean with the most powerful agents of the Imperium!

Now you can also carry out the Emperor’s will as a Tech-Adept Inquisitor, a former acolyte of the Adeptus Mechanicus who decided to join the Holy Ordos to become one of the mightiest agents of the Imperium; combining the sacred technological mysteries with the relentless dogma of the Inquisition, he has become an unstoppable force. Or continue the unfolding saga of the Alpha Pariah with one of the original three classes introduced in Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr in a Caligari Sector slowly succumbing to madness and war.

KEY FEATURES
New class
Play as a Tech-Adept Inquisitor and summon and enhance units in battles to help you defeat enemies and complete investigations. This new summoner class comes with new unique abilities and mechanics and offers a unique skill-tree and various new melee and ranged builds.

New and Revamped Gameplay Elements
“Inquisitor – Prophecy” offers several features of "Inquisitor – Martyr". These include 2-4 player co-op missions, destructible environments, all previous enemy races and units, and the unique gore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Moreover, "Inquisitor – Prophecy" is based on the 2.0 update for “Inquisitor - Martyr”, bringing the base game’s new level cap, redesigned loot system and levelling, the new end-game, the co-op campaign mode, new items and a much faster, ARPG-focused gameplay to the stand-alone expansion too.

New Campaign
The story that began in “Inquisitor – Martyr” continues in three new and stand-alone chapters, with one chapter solely focusing on the Tech-Adept Inquisitor investigating a great mystery which slowly ties into the unfolding plot.

New Settings
Discover sacred monasteries, perilous research sanctums, unforgiving deserts and ruthless worlds churning with molten lava.

New Enemy Races
“Inquisitor – Prophecy” introduces the Eldar, including Howling Banshees, Fire Prisms, Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks; and the Tyranids, including Carnifexes, Zoanthropes, Hormagaunts, Raveners – and many others.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Just picked up the game this weekend during the Warhammer sale they had going on, due to the upcoming Patch 2.0.

This is my first taste of the Warhammer 40k universe in any shape or form and I must say I am impressed. It's a very interesting sci-fi universe and I am enjoying reading all the flavor text and lore I come across.

Playing a melee assassin and having a lot of fun so far. It will be interesting to see how things change when they drop the patch on May 28. Love her voice too, very sexy.

I was interested in this game and then the expansion and patch 2.0 said they would be speeding up combat and making everything faster. Sounded sort of like they were caving to gen z spazes so I decided to wait and see how the patch goes. I may have preferred the old more deliberate combat style.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Man, I am having a blast. Melee combat in this game feels great. I've focused on critical strike chance and strength to turn my assassin into a glass cannon of death. Having even really put anything into defence, just focusing on critical strike and movement skills. Of course I'm as durable as tissue paper but I just run away and cover when I'm in trouble.

I'm really looking forward to the patch 2.0 since the quality of life improvements sound great. I haven't touched crafting at all since they say they are going to improve it, so I just upgraded the crafting tree and am proceeding to hoard all my materials. Also, getting rid of power rating is great because all it did is confuse things and make new players like myself replace great gear with crap because I trusted the power rating.

Also, if there are any hardcore Warhammer fans here I have a question. Does Warhammer 40k take place in the future of Warhammer Fantasy or is it a separate universe altogether?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does Warhammer 40k take place in the future of Warhammer Fantasy

I think the official line is that they're somehow connected by the warp. Like a parallel universe situation. The Chaos Gods are the same and some races are the same, or have a similar equivalent, but I think Games Workshop originally just didn't give much thought to it. As far as directly connective lore between the settings, there is none that I'm aware of.

Fucking sucks that it never seems to go on sale.

I've got my fingers crossed for the summer sale next month

ADL

Prophet
Fucking sucks that it never seems to go on sale.
It was just on sale last week. I'm expecting a sale for tomorrow's 2.0 update and the launch of the standalone expansion though. Wanted to wait for impressions before I put any money into this.

Also, if there are any hardcore Warhammer fans here I have a question. Does Warhammer 40k take place in the future of Warhammer Fantasy or is it a separate universe altogether?
Separate universe. I asked my friend who is a real 40K nerd so I trust him.

I've got my fingers crossed for the summer sale next month
I hope there's a sale tomorrow because I want the discount on the expansion that only applies for the first three weeks or so.

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So apparently Patch 2.0 has been delayed to June 20 and Prophecy has moved to July 30.

They have included a compendium with all the changes coming in Patch 2.0 here.

Looks like they are making a ton of changes to the items and endgame. Hopefully I can get my assassin to high level before it drops so I can compare old endgame to new one.

ADL

Prophet
reportedly confirmed the date with multiple sources. If the leak is accurate, Steam's Summer Sale will go live on June 25 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 5 PM GMT (and June 26 at 3 AM AET) and last for about two weeks.
This will align with Steam's summer sale. Sucks for everyone expecting it tomorrow but it will give me a chance to see the consensus and determine whether I want to buy into Inquisitor and get that 30% Prophecy discount for owning Inquisitor.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Separate universe. I asked my friend who is a real 40K nerd so I trust him.

Some of the older edition, like the first of 40k, the were rules for mixing both system, but I don't think the lore was really written down at the time, beyond the basics.

Edit: found, it was in Warhammer siege. More info on the book here. There was only rules, no mention of the two settings being in the same universe.

Last edited:

Anomander

Educated
I tried it and uninstalled after 5 or 6 hours. I don't know what it want to be. As for hack and slash id doesn't work. First it's divided in missions which are some areas for 10-15 minutes (maybe later they are larger).
The best missions was story but you have to play some procedurally generated content which is shit. I don't know if story missions are hand crafted but they do feel a little better. It's constant grind and feel useless.
You can have max of 6 skills at a time and most of them come from weapons (different weapon = different skills). But for my class (psyker) most of weapons feels the same. It's some kind of pistol and you can shot single or burst. As I saw max class skills i could have was 3 (it depends on weapons and trinket).
Grim Dawn was way better.

ADL

Prophet
Has anyone played Chaosbane here? Is it any better? I don't like that the heroes only use a single type of weapons.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Has anyone played Chaosbane here? Is it any better? I don't like that the heroes only use a single type of weapons.

I would describe Chaosbane as being similar to the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and Champions of Norroth games on the consoles. If you liked those games you will like it. However, if you are expecting Diablo II or Path of Exile you will be disappointed.

Grim Dawn was way better.

I like Grim Dawn too. But what killed Grim Dawn for me was playing the main campaign and expansion over, and over, and over again. If it was randomly generated like Diablo II or Path of Exile I probably would have tolerated it but I ended up going through it all so many times it wore me out.

As for Inquisitor Martyr there has been enough variety with the side missions and priority assignments so far that I haven't gotten bored. I haven't done the tarot missions or warzones yet so I can't comment on how those play out. I've never gotten the whole button limit thing people keep on bringing up in action rpgs like Path of Exile, Diablo III, and Martyr. In Grim Dawn with the builds I played I only ever consistently used 3 or 4 buttons with the rest being auras and the health potion button for emergencies. Yet I keep on seeing people saying things like "Path of Exile needs 20 more buttons for all the skills I use." Am I missing something here?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So, Patch 2.0 dropped on June 20 and I have had some time to try it out for a bit. They made a lot of changes with this one and personally I think it is a massive improvement for the game.

They made a ton of quality of life improvements with this patch. One of the first things you notice is the camera angle is more top down now and you can't zoom out super far like you could in the past. I'm alright with this since it has improved performance on my PC by a huge margin and seeing the details on the enemies up close is cool. Removing the power rating system with a more traditional item level system is a huge improvement and makes things a lot clearer and less confusing. The animations, at least on my melee assassin, are way smoother now and much faster. It is very noticeable when you are playing and just feels great. I recommend maxing out the movement skill tree in order to have your character at max movement and attack speed. They made improvements to some of the environment types as well, like the ice planet no longer has those warning strips marking the barriers to the map. Also, instead of going through the star map and the transitions that are involved when selecting a planet or star system, you can use the mission deployment menu to hop into a mission straight away. This saves a lot of time and a much welcome improvement.

The changes they made to the items and systems have added a lot of variety and interesting mechanics for replayability. Once you unlock the tarot card system through the campaign you can apply them on any side mission. These give you specific bonus, like bonus loot of certain items, increased experience, etc. However, they also give bonuses to enemies or penalties to your character. This can be quite substantial and make a mission very challenging or downright impossible for your character. There is a lot of variety to the buffs and debuffs so it keeps things interesting. You can also have tarot card upgrades drop during the mission that level up your tarot cards, further increase the bonuses and penalties you can put on a mission. Emperium seals can also drop which you can apply on top of the tarot cards to narrow down the equipment and weapons that drop during a mission. Item variety has been greatly improved, there are many new bonuses for all the items and it is possible for items to have sockets. Shards are basically like gems and Data Psalms are rune words. Void shards can also drop during missions. Using 5 of them starts a void crusade but I honestly haven't tried this new system yet. Heck I haven't even started Warfronts yet. The amount of stuff you can do in this game is just massive now.

Basically, they have significantly improved everything and I am really happy I picked this up when it was on sale. Looking forward to the Prophecy expansion in July, since the Tech Priest inquisitor is going to be the summoner class for this game.

Neanderthal

Arcane

Back in old days it was heavily hinted at that Sigmar was one of the lost primarchs, that the twin tailed comet was a Thunderhawk gunships engines, and that the fantasy world was just a lost world of man.

They've since retconned that to distance fantasy from 40k, but they're still related in some way. Old Ones, Chaos, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom