Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hot take: this will suck so hard.

Baldur's Gate was p. awesome when it came out in 1998, there was nothing like it. Everything since has been decline.

BG2 was way worse than BG, introduced severe decline such as romances and munchkin gameplay, also had Gaider on the team.

ToB was an afterthought with stupidly bloated stats and worse than BG2. Pointless and boring.

Siege of Dragonspear, terrible fanfiction, worse than ToB.

Every iteration of Baldur's Gate has been worse than the previous one.

Baldur's Gate III is going to be worse than Siege of Dragonspear. Count on it.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ok, off the top of my head, here's the first list of people who are to regret deeply for what has transpired in the other thread and are to present their excuses:

VentilatorOfDoom
cvv
Lady Error
LESS T_T
TT1
Dodo1610
Steezus
HoboForEternity

i-am-sorry-poems-for-girlfriend-apology-poems-for-her-03.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They tell us more than you think. They tell us this was a fuckup, Larian didn't want it to be known already.

Meh, remember all the inXile trademarks we used to discover? And the Pillars of Eternity 2 site with the Vailian letters and stuff? A little bit of pre-announcement buzz never hurt anyone. They didn't have to put those text strings in the image if they wanted to hide it...

Wait a minute...I just downloaded the three.mp4 file myself and I can't find any of these strings anymore. Am I doing something wrong or did they remove them? :lol:

Terra

Cipher
They've removed the strings, just redownloaded it and compared to the one I downloaded earlier, new file is ever so slightly smaller (2kb~) with the naughty telltales strings removed.

Mortmal

Arcane
So...i guess they will use the Original Sin 2 engine for this game right? When i hear BG3 made by Larian, i just picture Misc in the middle of Arx.

I dont care what anyone says, but if they fix the stupid Armor system (wich they seem to know its shit already and fixing it in Fallen Heros) and fix the Initiative system, then TB BG could be great.

Also i hope they finally implement the day/night cycle with working shops schedules, at the end of the day this is going to be Divinity: Baldur's Gate Sin.
There is nothing to fix. If they don't implement proper D&D 5e rules there will be RIOTS! :timetoburn:
Let's just hope its vancian magic and not cooldowns, only worry i may have with larian.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Pretty sure you can see Sarekov's eyes and helmet in the fog of the image btw (not even joking).

Saerain

Augur
Patron
I'm so unreasonably pumped, to be honest. Do I finally get a D&D game with a decent toolset, for the first time since 2006? Daddy Swen please.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I expect it to be better than whatever beamdog did, as I actually enjoyed larian games. It probably wont be as good as BG1 or BG2 though.
lol
They've never made anything, unless you mean a BG mod, MOD with LGBTFAGS content but then you're saying that you're expecting Larian's BG 3 to be better than utter shit (which is a given). So WTF dude?

I'm sure though that Larian will make a much better game than Bioware, after all BG 1 and BG 2 (especially 2 which is even more overrated than BG 1) are mediocre at best.

viEaxKf.jpg

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Very confused as to why people are so excited about this.

1- Larian made it's name with a turn-based game and is now going to make a sucessor to the game that pioneered RtwP? If they make it turn-based they would be betraying the series roots and could've called their game just about anything else; if they make it RtwP, we have no reason to expect it to be good, since they never made such a game.

2- The writing and story in DoS ranged from mediocre to garbage. I didn't care for the tone at all. BG was far from a grimdark ultraserious franchise, but (thank god) it's a far cry from whatever DoS was.

3- Baldur's Gate 1, 2 and ToB tell a complete and finished story, there's no reason to continue the Bhaalspawn saga (is there even a feasible way to do it in current FR setting?). This makes me think people are creaming their pants just because it's D&D and Forgotten Realms? Why?

I'm saying this as someone who ranks BG 2 as one of my favorite games of all time. I've replayed that shit all the way through about 5-6 times, did an SCS run of BG 1 and 2 just 2 years ago. And I just can't bring myself to be excited for this. More like worried they'll take a shit over something I have fond memories of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom