Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super mutants in FO 3

Ausir

Arcane
Hey you haven't actually played the game yet. Maybe the explanation will work once you are playing it. All I'm asking for is for you to give the game a chance. Be happy that Bethesda is even making Fallout.

Why should we be happy? It's like telling a Blade Runner fan that it's good that Uwe Boll is making a sequel, because, hey, otherwise there could have been none at all.

Lingwe

Liturgist
Why should we be happy? It's like telling a Blade Runner fan that it's good that Uwe Boll is making a sequel, because, hey, otherwise there could have been none at all.

It was sarcasm. I was replying with the usual nonsense and content free argument that fanboys of Fallout 3 use when responding to complaints.

Mic Turner

Novice
Drakron said:
and perhaps a even LESS desired effect (to the Enclave) of NOT making then sterile.

What? Wasn't that a direct consequence of the way FEV worked, doubling the DNA helix?
:facepalm:

DoppelG

Scholar
racofer said:
Oh yes, also, this post deserves this:

buttfuckx2ef0.gif

fapfapfap

Drakron

Arcane
Mic Turner said:
What? Wasn't that a direct consequence of the way FEV worked, doubling the DNA helix?
:facepalm:

Yes, because that is how FEV worked, the EEP might be a new beast because they did not even bother to point out "hey, the enclave is working with FEV again" so I can question about the new Super Mutants being sterile or not and its easy to raise that question when they added 30-foot tall Super Mutants.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
Why even have super mutants again? Fallout had mutants as your enemies, in Fallout 2 you fought against the Enclave, and in Fallout Tactics the main enemy was the robot army. Here, instead of something new and cool (Soviets, aliens, some new nation, tribals, whatever. Shouldn't be too hard.) they just use super mutants and Enclave again. They made a sequel where they change the game's type and generally botch up everything that was great in the predecessors but otherwise use zero originality and new ideas. Bleh.

That's the part that gets me. Why have the game set on the East coast with the same shit you saw on the West Coast with a slightly(YET THE SAME) story behind it? "Uh, it was probably Vault-Tec that did the EEP as opposed to the military making the FEV."

Does anyone care? They're still supermutants. They're still bad guys with huge weapons.

If you're going to move the settling across the damned country, it would have been a pretty good time to have come up with some new ideas. You know, for a change.

Lurkar

Scholar
Rumor has it the president is a computer.

So uh, yes, it very literally IS Fallout 1's plot all over again. Only far more retarded.

Drakron

Arcane
Its Bethsoft ...

Heck even Fo:BoS got it right with the goal of the game was stopping someone from fucking over the world, even that was pretty much the same plot as Fo1 with several changes.

Hell ALL Fallout games was always about stopping someone from fucking up things even more ... Fo1: Master, Fo2: Enclave, FoT:Calculator, Fo:BoS:Attis.

Fo3?

PURIFYING THE FUCKING WATER ... sure its nice to have non irradiated water but its not like the Enclave was even capable doing anything with it to hurt anyone outside of their TOXIN that seems to be tacked on because THERE IS NO FUCKING DANGER FROM THE ENCLAVE until Admiral Tolwyn mentions there is a toxin or something that kills all non pure humans and if FATHER!!! would be kind enough to released it, its as if they realized how fucking STUPID the plot was and add it so we got the idea were actually SAVING THE WASTELANDS because ... well, its not as if fixing the water supply ranks very high on the heroic scale.

There is not even a END BOSS! how much someone can fuck up when all others had a End Boss Fight and the best this guys can do seems to be 30 feet tall Super Mutants that are just there FOR A FUCKING XBOX 360 ACHIEVEMENT!

Drakron

Arcane
No, I think the FATHER! have some issues about his or her father ... no idea if it there is anything Freudian about but hell, playing a character with a incestuous homosexual urge is quite possible in Fallout 3 considering how they designed character generation and THEN make it a plot point in the game.

Well I guess NOT waking up in a Prison Cell/Ship is a step up ... oh wait, Enclave Security Tube in the end part of the game ...

merry andrew

Erudite
Jaime Lannister said:
I AM SO ANGRY ABOUT A VIDEO GAME

THE ENCLAVE PRESIDENT IS A COMPUTER

YOU ARE THE JACKAL
HELLO INTERNET FRIEND! ^_^

WHY AM I NOT AT A BAR TRYING TO GET LAID RIGHT NOW?

Ausir

Arcane
Hell ALL Fallout games was always about stopping someone from fucking up things even more ... Fo1: Master, Fo2: Enclave, FoT:Calculator, Fo:BoS:Attis.

Also VB: Presper.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Jaime Lannister wrote:
I AM SO ANGRY ABOUT A VIDEO GAME

THE ENCLAVE PRESIDENT IS A COMPUTER

YOU ARE THE JACKAL

Aww, c'mon. I lul'd.

uhjghvt

Scholar
on the bright side it turns out you can put him out of his misery by roasting him with the flamer

28218d0.jpg

wtez48.jpg

On the bright side? He asked you to go in a cave and destroy his heart because he was petrified of fire; didn't you hear his screams as he roasted? Nice job you torturing cunt.

uhjghvt

Scholar
Barrow_Bug said:
Gee, spoiler much? Fuckheads.
don't think of it so much spoiling as desensitizing you so that you don't violently throw up when you come across it

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Saint_Proverbius said:
That's the part that gets me. Why have the game set on the East coast with the same shit you saw on the West Coast with a slightly(YET THE SAME) story behind it? "Uh, it was probably Vault-Tec that did the EEP as opposed to the military making the FEV."
Well, duh. That's their excuse for not worrying about canon and shit. Also, I guess they just couldn't resist the chance to place the game around D.C., especially since they live in that area themselves. Or maybe "Let's show the destroyed capital" was the only original idea they came up with.

If you're going to move the settling across the damned country, it would have been a pretty good time to have come up with some new ideas. You know, for a change.
Change? I thought you Fallout fans just wanted the same all over, and now you whine about the lack of change. It's true, Fallout fans are unpleasable crybabies. Fuck them.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Barrow_Bug said:
Gee, spoiler much? Fuckheads.

Like there is anything worthy to spoil in the game with one of the dumbest writings of all time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom