Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Storm of Zehir Previewing at Gamespy

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Warden said:
Jaesun said:
The sheer fact that Tony K's AI will now be the default AI = GIANT TRUCKLOAD OF WIN!

I'm really getting annoyed reading people who try so hard to be so different and unique with their expressions.

As a fellow faggot. I wish you would fucking die.

Love,

Jaesun

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
deuxhero said:
NWN2 has a quickload? I only figured out quicksave (f12) because of a loading screen bit (why can't I reasign this single key? seriously...)

Ah.. I guess it doesn't then. I must not have noticed the lack of a quickload since there was never any need to use it in NWN2. I hope they've added a quickload in SoZ then! :D

Warden

Arbiter
Jaime Lannister said:
Warden, in this analogy you are Kaelyn. Having level 1 characters in SoZ is akin to destroying the wall.

Don't worry though, Melirinda will make a thread in your honor. There may even be a Warden-Bishop romance mod.

Heheh.. I always felt a bit like Kaelyn. But I'd never be a cleric though..

Why Bishop? I want to romance... the King of Shadows!!

J.E. Sawyer

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
FalloutBR said:
the best system would be TOEE's where they lay down for some turns bleeding to death on the ground or if they receive a really damagin blow that completely maim their bodies they die and need a ressurection spell...
SoZ's system knocks characters out at 0. They lose 1 hp per round if they are at -1 or worse, and die at (negative) one half their max hp. E.g. Dude has 84 max hp. He will die at -42 hp. You can stabilize or heal characters before they reach that point, though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
sounds like it would take a millennium for a high level character to die on his own then.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Darth Roxor said:
sounds like it would take a millennium for a high level character to die on his own then.

Not really. He can still be targeted by douchebag monsters that would sock a guy when his is down, and it happens. Also, they can be hit by AOE's too, a real problem for people playing on DnD hardcore mode.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Interesting. That's actually not a bad house rule for my next D&D game.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
house rule? what? that's basically how death works in 3.5e, except they die at -10 regardless of their max hp.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Death threshold as 50% of your max health would be the house rule.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Anthony Davis said:
Not really. He can still be targeted by douchebag monsters that would sock a guy when his is down, and it happens. Also, they can be hit by AOE's too, a real problem for people playing on DnD hardcore mode.

I know, but I said 'on his own', as in, if he's totally not being bothered.

Warden

Arbiter
Anthony Davis said:
Not really. He can still be targeted by douchebag monsters that would sock a guy when his is down, and it happens.

But this makes the game even easier.
Now a monster will have to bring down 50% more HP than it had to before. While he's working on a 100 HP + 50 HP (to kill) tank you have way more time to kill it.

Xor

Arcane
It sounded like not all monsters will keep attacking unconscious party members, it's probably only the ones who aren't being threatened if all enemies are distracted.

But don't let me stand in the way of your stupidity.

Warden

Arbiter
Xor said:
It sounded like not all monsters will keep attacking unconscious party members, it's probably only the ones who aren't being threatened if all enemies are distracted.

But don't let me stand in the way of your stupidity.

:roll:
Oh sure, now we'll suddenly have a super clever AI.
I'm very intelligent and you should say hello to your retarded pigeon brother.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
well the a.i. will be better, that has been confirmed when they appropriated the modder's a.i. work.

Texas Red

Whiner
aweigh said:
well the a.i. will be better, that has been confirmed when they appropriated the modder's a.i. work.

Will this integrated Tony AI spill over to NWN 2 OC and MotB?

fastpunk

Arbiter
Dark Individual said:
aweigh said:

Will this integrated Tony AI spill over to NWN 2 OC and MotB?

I'd say yes. After you install SoZ, the improvements to the AI should be global. And if not then you can always install Tony K's mod yourself.

butsomuch

Novice
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... highlight=

Nathaniel Chapman said:
You can *absolutely* keep playing after the end of the main scenario! In fact, the retire feature lets you end the game at any point, even before concluding the main questline (don't expect a very good ending if you do that, though).

There's some content that we put in that is definitely intended to be a challenge for the hardest of the hardcore, including something somewhat spoiled by a certain preview of the game.

I reached level 16 in my playthrough and I could have easily hit level 17 if I had wanted. I did not complete all of the content, either. I don't think it's unreasonable to hit level 20 if you do absolutely everything and do a lot of random encounters, but I think that the high teens are more likely where you'll be at if you complete all the content and don't bother grinding.

One thing I will say is that a LOT more of the content is optional in SoZ than in any other NWN game to memory. I would say probably on the order of 20% of the content is on the crit path and 80% is side content - we're more in line with Fallout in that regard than NWN2.

Of course, if you want to actually be able to DO the crit path stuff, you better do at least some of the side quests... Much like fallout, you *can* skip a lot of stuff but you'll find the XP/loot will come in handy. Not to mention it's fun to explore.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
butsomuch said:
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewpost.html?topic=653765&post=6069410&forum=128&highlight=

Nathaniel Chapman said:
You can *absolutely* keep playing after the end of the main scenario! In fact, the retire feature lets you end the game at any point, even before concluding the main questline (don't expect a very good ending if you do that, though).

There's some content that we put in that is definitely intended to be a challenge for the hardest of the hardcore, including something somewhat spoiled by a certain preview of the game.

I reached level 16 in my playthrough and I could have easily hit level 17 if I had wanted. I did not complete all of the content, either. I don't think it's unreasonable to hit level 20 if you do absolutely everything and do a lot of random encounters, but I think that the high teens are more likely where you'll be at if you complete all the content and don't bother grinding.

One thing I will say is that a LOT more of the content is optional in SoZ than in any other NWN game to memory. I would say probably on the order of 20% of the content is on the crit path and 80% is side content - we're more in line with Fallout in that regard than NWN2.

Of course, if you want to actually be able to DO the crit path stuff, you better do at least some of the side quests... Much like fallout, you *can* skip a lot of stuff but you'll find the XP/loot will come in handy. Not to mention it's fun to explore.
This is so awesome, so Pirates.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nathaniel Chapman dropped the F-word. Twice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom