Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Imagine the guys today at Owlcat like "yeah, this is a fucking good day for us today" and then... BOOM... BG3.

Owlcat also released their game during the same day as a PoE2 DLC and their first DLC close to another one of PoE2's DLCs. Funny stuff.

hexer

Oh btw this game has "branded hashtag" (custom emoji thing) on Twitter:

Is5fbsa.png

IIRC that thing costs 1 million USD. I wonder who paid that. Google? Larian?

Yeah, probably Google as a sign of good will

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, I can't wait to get it, Swen:
This leads to a bigger question about general accessibility – if you come to the original games now, it’s very easy to bounce of the idiosyncrasies of simulated D&D systems. Vincke reassures us that “5th edition [D&D rules] is very different to 2nd Edition already, so it is much more accessible — this is also why it’s enjoying an increased popularity. So the videogame will be similar. We’re not going to compromise on depth, but the way it’s going to be brought to you, when you see it you’ll think ‘I get this, everyone can get this’.”

alyvain

Learned
Do we know anything except for the title yet?

If we're gonna have illithids in Baldur's Gate, then the game will consist mostly of sewers. Despair.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't worry, the guy who invented D:OS2's broken initiative and called it a feature, and said he was proud of his armor-as-extra-health-pool system, promises he will not compromise on depth.

agris

Arcane
Patron
The GOG entry indicates it's either real time or RTwP. Link.

Baldur's gate 1/2 are also listed as "real-time".

I don't understand why people are remotely hopeful for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Azarkon

Arcane
I assume Obsidian will not just sit there passively but try to make poeIII even better than bgIII.
poeIII vs bgIII
The fight has started.

That's like bringing a knife to a penis measuring contest.

You know you've already lost and are just bitter about it.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Oh I like RTWP in the IE games, don't get me wrong. That's just a fun piss in the Larian fans' cheerios.

It's the whole "Developed by Larian" part that I believe makes it a looming disaster. For example, see AwesomeButton 's posts above.

Perkel

Arcane
Here is how it will look.
Larian never wanted to make good games. They just were looking for bunch of idiots to fuck out of money selling them lies. After they were cash strapped after failure to get that AAA cashcow crowd they went and they sold you dreams. Like whore who presented itself for cheap to 30 year old incel. They recovered and now they are looking again for that AAA lowest denominator crowd. The moment cash will really start flowing they will drop everything you liked about them and will fully transform themselves into Bioware you know now.

You can't teach old dog new tricks.

Last edited:

alyvain

Learned
If we're gonna have illithids in Baldur's Gate, then the game will consist mostly of sewers. Despair.

Them squids agoraphobic?

Well, they're gonna make devious plot hiding with the sewers, have a few politicians in they pocket, infiltrate the chantry, etc.

I don't want it from Larian. This kind of stories for some reason always turns out stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom