Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Sin-t-tulo.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
I must be the only one that doesn't get the hype for Reeves.
Maybe it's not hype, maybe people just think he's a really cool, genuine guy and that it's pretty crazy that he's in CP2077.

That E3 presentation was a breath of fresh air, the dude's just so likeable. And I'm fully aware of how bad his acting can be. I've watched Johnny Mnemonic. More than once.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I see CDProjekt got on that diversity bandwagon with protagonist being a faggot :roll: How many SJW-points that gives you from game journos?

Dunno. How many Stormfront and MGTOW-points does it give CDPR to have the white character turn on a black guy and a black girl?

KK1001

Arbiter
Calling it now: Johnny Silverhand is just a hallucination caused by a virus or V's injuries. He'll appear to the companion at various points without really interacting with too many other people. Expensive to get Keanu for too long, so he'll probably be in key story moments only.

Sentinel

Arcane
On December 24, 1999, Reeves' girlfriend, Jennifer Syme, gave birth eight months into her pregnancy to Ava Archer Syme-Reeves, who was stillborn. The strain put on their relationship by their grief resulted in their breakup several weeks later. On April 2, 2001, Syme was driving alone on Los Angeles' Cahuenga Boulevard when she sideswiped three parked cars, rolled over several times, and was thrown from the car. Authorities believed she died instantly. She was reportedly being treated for depression and taking two prescription drugs, which police found in her car. Reeves, who was scheduled to begin shooting back-to-back Matrix sequels during the subsequent spring, sought "peace and time" to deal with the incident, according to his friend Bret Domrose, a guitarist in Reeves' alternative rock band Dogstar.
agharjd.png

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
They didn't just get his voice they modeled a character after him, which i personally find jarring as shit. How can i get immersed in the game with real life Keanu Reeves actually walking around in it?

This is like saying "how can I get immersed in [film] with [real life actor] actually walking around in them?".

Venser

Erudite
2LKXCiE.png

Hoped for a better statue, this one looks kinda awkward. Standard edition comes out with a lot of physical and digital items too. Other companies would sell the standard as a deluxe for double the price.

Also the bike looks familiar, stickers and all...

0AI7goP.png

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane

Because he picks roles he gives shit about
Because he played in matrix and playing in CB2077 will give people what they always wanted from him.
Because he is genuinely amazing human being.
Because he is perfect fit for CB2077. Out of all holly stars he would be my first choice to get in game if needed.

Either way CDPR again shows that they are gods of PR. Kyun is right now everywhere.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Why do some people think that having Keanu as one of the voice over actors would automatically make a game good?

It's a "look how big and mainstream we are!" thing, trying to prove what a big deal you are. Sony and Microsoft did it all the time back in the day, and still do here and there. Potato land is just catching up.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Because he picks roles he gives shit about
Because he played in matrix and playing in CB2077 will give people what they always wanted from him.
Because he is genuinely amazing human being.
Because he is perfect fit for CB2077. Out of all holly stars he would be my first choice to get in game if needed.

Either way CDPR again shows that they are gods of PR. Kyun is right now everywhere.

>gods of PR

The way it goes is you just pick the most over-exposed actor right now. A few years ago it would have been Michael Fassbender. It's not exactly rocket science.

Quillon

Arcane
Did that trailer spoiled a possibility(and some more things) on the penultimate mission in the game?

Watched again, it probably spoils "act 1"'s one possible ending rather than some end game shit, since V comments on entering the major leagues still and they are dealing with Dexter one last time who we know is an early game character.

Also Samurai was only 1 of 3 backstory choices unless they changed something; maybe different characters would greet V there in other 2 cases instead of Keanu's, just speculating :P

Keshik

Arcane
On December 24, 1999, Reeves' girlfriend, Jennifer Syme, gave birth eight months into her pregnancy to Ava Archer Syme-Reeves, who was stillborn. The strain put on their relationship by their grief resulted in their breakup several weeks later. On April 2, 2001, Syme was driving alone on Los Angeles' Cahuenga Boulevard when she sideswiped three parked cars, rolled over several times, and was thrown from the car. Authorities believed she died instantly. She was reportedly being treated for depression and taking two prescription drugs, which police found in her car. Reeves, who was scheduled to begin shooting back-to-back Matrix sequels during the subsequent spring, sought "peace and time" to deal with the incident, according to his friend Bret Domrose, a guitarist in Reeves' alternative rock band Dogstar.
agharjd.png

Keanu should have played Max Payne

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom