Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News PC Gaming Show at E3 2019: Bloodlines 2 Gameplay Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Baldur's Gate 3; Brian Mitsoda; Cara Ellison; Hardsuit Labs; Larian Studios; Mike Mearls; Swen Vincke; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Last night's Bethesda E3 press conference was a bust, so today we moved right on to the PC Gaming Show. Swen Vincke and Mike Mearls were there to talk about Baldur's Gate 3, but as expected they had nothing new to reveal. The reason we were watching was Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. Paradox had promised they would finally reveal some gameplay footage of it today. When Brian Mitsoda and Cara Ellison appeared on stage what we got instead was a heavily abridged one minute gameplay trailer, which was a bit disappointing. But then Paradox published an extended four minute version, which was quite a bit better. The trailer is basically the in-game version of the chase scene from the original announcement trailer. The player character takes a mission to track down a certain thin-blood and extract some information out of him, interacting with a couple of vampire factions along the way. There's some combat, magic, and at the end a glimpse of dialogue, which uses a traditional dialogue tree interface with skill checks. Check it out:

Looks pretty good, doesn't it? I'd say Hardsuit have the basics nailed down. Hopefully we won't have to wait long to see more.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It does have that Bloodlines look. However, I need to play the game to see if the gameplay is indeed in the spirit of the original.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Saving for new computer now (i know my current heaps can't run that). Looks great this far.

Blackstaff

Arbiter
The overall feeling and atmosphere seems good enough, but the game looks like shit honestly. Facial animations are particularly horrible.
The next months of dev might correct that, but I'm not very hopeful.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
We need more T&A seduction of hot boobalicious goth vamps.
355a70de5291455af0439f4d5f2e2ce7--vampire-photography-goth-makeup.jpg

bedd2ef1.jpg

721389+hot+vampire+girl.jpg

vamp14.jpg

vamp13.jpg

vgCNzNZ.jpg
Yeah i know all rated G images... sue me.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Not sure we're getting the same tone as the original, judging from that voice acting. Also, the trailer seems to be trying to wow the viewer with skills that, eh, don't look that amazing. Not sold so far.

Soundtrack seems pretty cool though

Love

Cipher
Going in and out of ego perspective is :popamole:. Nice peak at the mood and style though.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Voice acting is bad.
Temporal anti-aliasing looks so blurry it makes me nauseous.

Why does everything have to be shit...

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Why the color palette should look like... this? I mean it's not gonna be total shit, but it's gonna be total meh which is worse than shit.

Those biting animations are cringe af.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cut scene where the protagonist stumbles, then looks at his hands in a weird way. That's certainly novel........haven't seen that before.....

Also again walking round with hands out in front like some kind of retard. Does any animator not know, after all these decades, that people don't walk around swinging their hands out in front unless they are fucked in the head?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Voice acting seems way worse than in original but I think I've heard Brian Mitsoda in 2 moments (0:29 "This city" and 2:52 "That's a good start").

Gameplay looks decent but mainly thanks to new abilities (being able to climb or getting out of the buildings by jumping adds some extra dimension to gameplay), the rest seems significantly worse than in Bloodlines. The atmosphere is too dark (and yes, I know it's called WoD) and Seattle looks like too much of a shithole. It's like being forced to play in sewers for the whole game. Now compare it to Vienna (where there was snow for example) or to Prague (where we had the chance to play during the day) or to any Bloodlines (outside) location. It's just too much of a difference.

Going the way Nihilistic and Troika had gone was smart because once we got to a truly dark location it was breath taking (the contrast made it work better) but here all I see are some shitty, damp and dark corners.

Dr Schultz

Augur
This topic is particularly funny. Basically, almost all the complaints I've read here point toward aspects of the trailer that a) are indicative of a quite "faithful" adaptation of the source material b) even if "bad" are still better than in the original Bloodlines.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
1:01 - "... Cities are carved out by political fascists, never tell anyone what you are..."

"muh oppressed vampires"

H'okay bud I can see where this is going

:backawayslowly:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom