Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

kalganoat

Savant
I bet PR told them beforehand to not bring up questions about the combat system.

Sentinel

Arcane
Swen and Mike on IGN's E3 broadcast:

wTVHNdj.png

Is this a meta joke?

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
because they were raised against the evil Interplay. " You do not understand how bad these people are ," they told me while I was still young in the industry.

:lol:

SV : Areas connected by a map, no doubt.

Alright. No open world at least.

So, density of each location, coherence between enemy encounters and quests - story, possibility of no trash mobs.

Dungeons & Dragons have even had new adventures on other Living Plans since all this time and we will be able to exploit all that.

Were going to see the Planes boys.

Mortmal

Arcane
what has Bhaal been up to since his resurrection?

Anyway I trust Swen when they say BG3 will have nothing to do with bhaalspawn saga. What I don't get is why even include 3 in the title. just call it Baldur's Gate (202X) and reboot the series.

Right now Bhaal is extremely weak, and more akin to Sauron after his defeat during the Second Age: more akin to an evil spirit rather than an actual god.
There's no such mention of weakness, he claimed back the portfolio of murder from cyric, a greater god.He's referenced as greater power in the book.Go back to your studies kid !

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Can someone explain why Baldur's Gate 3 is necessary?

- It's gonna 5E rules. Bleh. Use 3.5 or older.

- The story was well wrapped up by the end of Throne of Bhaal. Why not make a new D&D ip?

- While I trust Larian over anyone else, is anyone concerned it'll... have stupid fucking SJW nonsense? Misplaced fear?

- Are they gonna make characters from the Enhanced Edition show an appearance?

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not commenting on the combat system. Swen directly avoided the question if it's more an "action RPG" or "turn-based tactics". Instead he began rambling about turning over tables and hitting people with chandeliers.

:dead:

Mortmal

Arcane

Anyway I trust Swen when they say BG3 will have nothing to do with bhaalspawn saga. What I don't get is why even include 3 in the title. just call it Baldur's Gate (202X) and reboot the series.

Right now Bhaal is extremely weak, and more akin to Sauron after his defeat during the Second Age: more akin to an evil spirit rather than an actual god.
There's no such mention of weakness, he claimed back the portfolio of murder from cyric, a greater god.He's referenced as greater power in the book.Go back to your studies kid !

It's directly stated in "Murder in Baldur's Gate". You just checked the Forgotten Realms Wiki, didn't you. Bravo.
I was DMing D&d before you were born, dont need to check any wiki.You are refering to an adventure prior to descent to avernus in the time frame .Those kind of events happens more than once ,the state of bhaal power is maybe not the same anymore. I think pretty much the same happened with orcus now back fully to power. And its conflicting with the 5E rulebook placing it with greater powers with no distinction.
I only see one solution now, duel! State your weapon of choice!

Sabotin

Scholar
How canon are the adventures anyway? I just can't picture 130yr old canon CHARNAME being murdered by (similar age?) Viekang (the scaredycat/teleporting guy). And the adventure is lv1 to 5 or something...

How exactly did they determine missing is "no fun"? Isn't it a normal part of the game, especially when armor and dodging are involved? Should every hit connect, regardless of where the enemy is and what its stats are because you are such a badass the laws of space don't apply to you?
hell, hitting but not killing something is just another type of missing if you think about it. If you extend the missing is no fun logic then really why not make every hit a kill? So every time you hit a button...........something dies..

because they were raised against the evil Interplay. " You do not understand how bad these people are ," they told me while I was still young in the industry.

Wonder what that was about. Initially Attic internally wanted to continue making Das Schwarze Auge (Realms Of Arkania / The Dark Eye) games themselves, but the main designer of that series, Guido Henkel then went to…. Interplay. According to his, his main reason for leaving was that he didn't want to continue making DSA games forever--- whilst Attic would. Anyway, that's how Larian got involved // to the rescue. Then Attic went out of business, and it took another odd twenty years for Larian to release something based on DSA (well kinda).

Of course, according to Henkel, half the genius behind PS: Torment was basically of his own making (producing), so who knows.

Mortmal

Arcane

It's directly stated in "Murder in Baldur's Gate". You just checked the Forgotten Realms Wiki, didn't you. Bravo.
I was DMing D&d before you were born, dont need to check any wiki.You are refering to an adventure prior to descent to avernus in the time frame .Those kind of events happens more than once ,the state of bhaal power is maybe not the same anymore. I think pretty much the same happened with orcus now back fully to power. And its conflicting with the 5E rulebook placing it with greater powers with no distinction.
I only see one solution now, duel! State your weapon of choice!

You've just basically admitted to either checking a wiki or talking out of your ass.
Could forgive you not hearing what they were saying clearly in the interviews , deafness happen, but obviously you are so autistic nothing can make you change your mind Anyway pointless lore discussion for an action RPG .

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/baldurs-gate-3/dungeons-and-dragons-6th-edition

Baldur’s Gate 3 will shape Dungeons and Dragons’ future story and maybe design
baldurs-gate-3-sword-1-580x334.jpg

Dungeons and Dragons publisher Wizards of the Coast told us that working with Baldur’s Gate III developer Larian Studios has been such a natural fit that it felt like “an extension of our own team.” So much so, as it turns out, that Larian might be inspiring Wizards.

At E3 2019, we caught up again with Larian co-founder Swen Wincke and D&D strategic director Mike Mearls. Naturally, as Baldur’s Gate III is based on the D&D universe, Wizards has had a huge influence on its design. Asked if working with Larian had had an impact in the opposite direction, here’s what Mearls had to say:

“It’s really exciting when a narrative design team takes something and starts adding a story to it. It starts [you] thinking: ‘oh wait, this could feed back into this thing over here, and there’s this thing here’. What comes after Baldur’s Gate III is going to be shaped by the stories told here.

That’s a possible allusion to D&D’s in-universe story, but Larian might have inspired some soul-searching at a mechanical level, too, citing D&D’s spell slots system as an example.

“We’ve gotten some pushback on some game mechanics,” Mearls admits. “You [indicating Vincke] have talked about how spell slots might not be the most intuitive thing. One of the things with Dungeons and Dragons, which I think is very important, is the method by which we do things is not as important for tabletop players as the actual effect on the table.”

So if somebody says spell slots might be something to look at again, “we would not just change it, but maybe we’ll start exploring alternatives, and then seeing – like, in a playtest – do people like them better? Does it get momentum?

“In some ways – especially in tabletop, because we have 45 years of history – it’s kinda fun to have someone smart who’s not you say: ‘you should consider changing this’.”

Mearls acknowledges there were “a lot of unchallenged assumptions” made during the design of fifth edition, which “we just implemented. But this is why it’s fun to be extending out to the gaming audience, growing our audience, getting more perspectives, and new channels of feedback. It’s been pretty exciting.”

Mortmal

Arcane
Can someone explain why Baldur's Gate 3 is necessary?

- It's gonna 5E rules. Bleh. Use 3.5 or older.

- The story was well wrapped up by the end of Throne of Bhaal. Why not make a new D&D ip?

- While I trust Larian over anyone else, is anyone concerned it'll... have stupid fucking SJW nonsense? Misplaced fear?

- Are they gonna make characters from the Enhanced Edition show an appearance?
It follows a new line of products by WOTC,connected by the same archstory , descent to avernus ghsots of saltsmarch. Remember sword coast legend was following the previous storyline with demons, and the underdark being invaded etc...So they needed one video game they got it .The title still sells , the stroy will have nothing to do with previous one except the city still there more or less.

Sentinel

Arcane
“We’ve gotten some pushback on some game mechanics,” Mearls admits. “You [indicating Vincke] have talked about how spell slots might not be the most intuitive thing. One of the things with Dungeons and Dragons, which I think is very important, is the method by which we do things is not as important for tabletop players as the actual effect on the table.”
:prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper:

fuck sake
so swen is not only shitting up bg3 it's also going to stink up D&D in general

Is this confirmation that BG3 won't have vancian casting? Or a resting system? Nice adaptation of the player's handbook Swen. Fuck you.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
It follows a new line of products by WOTC,connected by the same archstory , descent to avernus ghsots of saltsmarch. Remember sword coast legend was following the previous storyline with demons, and the underdark being invaded etc...So they needed one video game they got it .The title still sells , the stroy will have nothing to do with previous one except the city still there more or less.

So they're using the brand to sell it. Completely new.

Sorta lame but w/e. As long as Larian doesn't use the armor system from D:OS2 and it's turn based... there may be hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom