Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stronghold: Warlords - castle building in East Asia

Dux

Arcane
Who the fuck is this game for? Stronghold fans?

Looks like a mobile game.

Uncle Skull

Educated
https://youtu.be/2qv4h39Gahc
7 classic features and 7 people manning the walls. Are you hyped
To be fair, most of the mechanics here sound interesting and like they are taking the series in the direction they should be. But the seemingly tiny unit scale, questionable art style and the fact that they havent made anything that can be called good in any shape or form after Stronghold Legends (which was released 13 fucking years ago) gives me little hope.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Looks like Chinese old lady. Stronghold Crusader looks like well-preserved Geisha, in comparison. Hope it's much closer to castle sim of Crusader then Crusader II's multiplayer focused, arcade approach to well, everything

deama

Prophet
I really miss the nice sprites of the older ones. Why can't they just use 2D sprites? Are people just automatically not gonna buy anything that has sprites these days?

+ they could scale the battles way more, rendering 1000 unit sprites is probably way easier than 1000 3D models.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://youtu.be/fHCtoqeoMoI
15 years to fix units blobbing into each other.
Well, better late than never.
(Video timed)

This is something I implemented in games school in 2009 or so... it's really not that complicated. Wtf?

The pathing changes look pretty good, though, pathfinding with groups staying intact is by no means an easy thing to pull off, so good on them they finally did it.

blrrmmmff

Scholar
Jesus the original stronghold looks better, probably has better game play as well. I finished that game twice :( . Where did all those awesome people go in those original companies? They all figured out that working at Facebook or Amazon is more lucrative?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't know what you guys are going on about.
I think it looks fine.

Sure, 2D has more charm, but there are enough people out there who just think 2d = retro = shit and that's that. Can't really blame a company not going that route.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Don't knock it till you try it. I'm so fucking over dissecting trailers and listening to prerelease shit, just see how it plays when it comes out

Aemar

Arcane
Jesus the original stronghold looks better, probably has better game play as well. I finished that game twice :( .
No question about that. It's been 17 years since their last memorable title, everything they've been releasing since then has been pure decline.

Lagi

Savant
i like the graphic
i like the unit flying around when hit by explosive (?) boulder. Kudos for the men falling from wall with piece of broken wall
still that collision dont have a start to the Myth (from 97)

blrrmmmff

Scholar
Don't know what you guys are going on about.
I think it looks fine.

Sure, 2D has more charm, but there are enough people out there who just think 2d = retro = shit and that's that. Can't really blame a company not going that route.
Yet we have mountains of generic 2d platformers.

Why can't we have that for isometric games

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yet we have mountains of generic 2d platformers.

Why can't we have that for isometric games
We have mountains of generic isometric games, it's called the Kickstarter era.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom