Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Lots of guns but the quality is absolutely inconsistent and the balancing will be off. It's a bit of an overarching issue with weapons mods in many games.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
WhirlwindWelllitGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

I dont know what it is with the western modscene and their obsession with gigantic gunpacks. The novelty wears off fast and when it comes down to it , as far as games are concerned, an M4 and an HK416 might as well be the same thing just as one example that you can repeat for any number of other guns. Echoing what unfairlight just posted, the bigger the pack the lower the quality or at least consistency usually. I like variety as much as the next guy, but I like it more when the variety feels meaningfully different, that it has character.

Imagine if modders directed these efforts towards making new CONTENT instead of 300 variants of AK74M.

I also want to add, I have to wonder if this guy hasnt been stealing assets. He certainly didn't make them himself and looking at them I'm pretty sure I spot works Ive seen in other game's mods. Maybe he got permission for all of it, but I doubt it. Not that I give a shit, just I dont think this will last on moddb very long once it starts getting attention.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I also want to add, I have to wonder if this guy hasnt been stealing assets. He certainly didn't make them himself and looking at them I'm pretty sure I spot works Ive seen in other game's mods. Maybe he got permission for all of it, but I doubt it. Not that I give a shit, just I dont think this will last on moddb very long once it starts getting attention.
there were other modders involved and there were cases (with other mods, not theirs at least) where someone did that, so it would not surprise me

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
All I want are two things:
  • A couple of revolvers
  • Meaningful handgun mods that make them more effective at range.
Don't get me wrong. I took down 12 bandits with a silenced 1911, 8 of them before they managed to get an alarm off. Dark Valley. Hit for Sidorovitch.

But the 9th I missed because iron sights suck at night.

Luckily, while I was backing away taking pot shots at the bandits, I fell into a pit. One at a time they ran up to the edge in, and we're barely illuminated against the stars. One after the next I shot them down.

Then i heard that ominous click. I fumbled around for another clip but had none. No time to fuck around. As another bandit came up to the lip of the hole I was trapped in, a body fell into the pit. I grabbed for the gun that fell with him. Piece of shit AK. Didn't even know if it was loaded. Juse pulled the trigger and sprayed.

That was a mistake. I hit him four times. Arm, shoulder, leg, and head. He got off one lucky shot. Missed me. Hit the oil drum behind me.

Went dark.

Came to woth a start. Everything hurt. Except my left arm. Couldn't feel that. I was still breathing. Checked my body slowly. Lots of pain, no fresh bleeding. Probably only internal. Thank Allah for small favors I guess.

For a few minutes I just laid there. Then I noticed it was getting light. How long was I out for?

The AK was ruined beyond repair. Shrapnel made sure of that. My 1911 wasn't though. But no ammo, no clips, all I could do was throw it.

Two other corpses fell into the pit. Not sure when. Searched them. One had a decent Beretta with a few dozen rounds of ammo and half a clip loaded. It was caked in mud and blood, but I racked the slide all the same.

Climbed out slowly, and took a look around. By the Prophet, how many did I kill? I was interrupted by the familiar buzzing in my hip pocket. A loner sent out a message on the broadband chat.
Emil Taurus was still alive and hiding in Dark Valley. I checked my PDA map. Three more active bodies in my radius. One of them was Emil. Fuck it. I was gonna get that bounty.

Afterwards, I managed to limp back to Cordon, avoiding everything I could. Even other loners. Didn't want anyone to see me like that. And I got the six thousand

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Hey people, do you remember this funny mod named Misery 2.2?
They released weapon pack for it, called The Armed Zone 2.0, curently in beta so dismantling doesn't work with them.
Contains 700 (!) guns.

This is epitomy of modding - so much work... for what?
What's the point?

yea, somebody didn't think that one through...

why yes good sir, i'm sure plenty of weapon mods are available not only for picatinny rails and dovetail mounts, but the XM08 pcap mod attachment system as well! can't trip over a Springboard without finding one of those, for sure! the only thing more common in the Zone are these damn 5.7x28 cartridges for all these P90 variants we have lying around :facepalm:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Being realistic I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of rare shit ended up in Chernobyl if it were real life. It would turn into a hub for criminals and smugglers and well funded groups wouldn't mind spending extra for exotic weapons with how much money is in artefact hunting.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
that reminds me, can anyone confirm whether SoC is the only stalker where the barrel of AN-94 reciprocates, or does e.g. CoC retain it? i know CoP removed that and killed the game for me...

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Being realistic I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of rare shit ended up in Chernobyl if it were real life. It would turn into a hub for criminals and smugglers and well funded groups wouldn't mind spending extra for exotic weapons with how much money is in artefact hunting.
yes, but such exotic weapons would only be useful as prestige signals i'd say?

lost in the Zone for weeks on end, barely managing to stay alive, just trying to bring those precious artefacts back to a trader so you can pay off the debt - would you take along a fancy fashion statement of an exotic gun, or an AK where the replacements and ammo practically fall out of heavan like manna?

then again, search the game files for ammo_5.7x28_fmj and the option is there - just like the .223 pistol from Fallout.

still, i have to laugh at the image of trying to shoot down an average bandit (let alone a mutant) with several mags of (non-headshot) 5.7 rounds. that would have to have hit_power lower than even 9x18 i'd say (and great penetration - so you could do the same negligible damage to heavily armored fellas as well)?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
NATO gear might be expensive and rare but it's still more effective than old PACT shit. Hence, well funded groups may be interested in equipping their men with exotic weaponry and making it their trademark so they can project status. Arsenal Overhaul did it nicely, you had your 20 AK variants and old commie stuff that were all common as dirt and had tons of ammo, but the rarer NATO gear was still more effective as weapons despite the higher cost and less abundant ammo. I used AKs throughout much of the game because it was 70% as effective and I had 3000 rounds of 7.62x39 and 5.45 in the locker while I was stacking up my NATO gear.
that would have to have hit_power lower than even 9x18 i'd say
5.7 carries roughly as much energy as 9mm Luger and from a P90 you can fire off 50 shots of it at 900rpm.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Imagine if modders directed these efforts towards making new CONTENT
meh, I don't think there's no place at all for such a mod, given enough quality control

I'd see it working well, and being meaningful, with CoC's Azazel option, to enhance freeplay

Silva

Arcane
edit
there is another surprise? Misery1 is available to download from moddb again. It wasn't there, modders were so up their ass to promote Misery2 they removed it but restored later for some reason?
https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/downloads
check at the bottom, not sure if that's 1.2 patch or something else, it does fix stamina issues that was obnoxious when I played it, basically - little hunger and you can't run, at all.
Great news, thanks bro.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
NATO gear might be expensive and rare but it's still more effective than old PACT shit. Hence, well funded groups may be interested in equipping their men with exotic weaponry and making it their trademark so they can project status. Arsenal Overhaul did it nicely, you had your 20 AK variants and old commie stuff that were all common as dirt and had tons of ammo, but the rarer NATO gear was still more effective as weapons despite the higher cost and less abundant ammo. I used AKs throughout much of the game because it was 70% as effective and I had 3000 rounds of 7.62x39 and 5.45 in the locker while I was stacking up my NATO gear.
that would have to have hit_power lower than even 9x18 i'd say
5.7 carries roughly as much energy as 9mm Luger and from a P90 you can fire off 50 shots of it at 900rpm.
eh, let's agree to disagree about Five seveN - however, prototypes such as XM08 don't make a whit of sense here nor Fallout 2

Holy shit, so many mods....

For a first time SOC playthrough, is it advised just to go vanilla, or is there a mod that shores of some gameplay deficits to mitigate annoyances? Is that even necessary with SOC, or is it good to go out of the gate?

Baron Dupek

Arcane

For a first time SOC playthrough, is it advised just to go vanilla, or is there a mod that shores of some gameplay deficits to mitigate annoyances? Is that even necessary with SOC, or is it good to go out of the gate?
install ZRP - Zone Restoration Project
avoid Complete
and you're good to go

avoid Complete
and you're good to go

Good looking out bud - that fits the bill :salute:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

avoid Complete
and you're good to go

Good looking out bud - that fits the bill :salute:

Yep good advice. ZRP is all you really need for a first play-through.

If you're a graphics whore you can also take a look at the absolute texture packs.

http://absolute.crommcruac.com/shadow-of-chernobyl/

Basically higher res textures for trees, structures etc.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
There is also an OGSR adaptation for radiophobia 2. That one is a little bit more hidden however, im trying to get it now and if it works with the english version of radiophobia ill upload it to a google or mega.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Oh lawd, thanks for posting this. OGSE is probably my favorite SoC mod and this is a good excuse to replay it. Man I've been bored with all the CoC-derived shit. Do any of those HD NPC model packs work with this?

Edit: Also I hope OGSR fixes the lame save game corruption from too many active quests bug.

Stone Dog

Novice
I'm considering starting an Anomaly playthrough. Any recommended addons? For that matter, should I stick to the stable v1.4, or go with the newer beta?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom