Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs with Desert Environment

PirateScum

Augur
It's going to be a hot summer and I want to immerse myself, without the need of actually going outside! :dealwithit:

So, what "RPGs" with desert environments and/or oriental/middle eastern/arabian nights thematics do you know?

Preferably in the fantasy genre, but that'll limit possible suggestions severely, I reckon, so other genres are welcome.
Same goes for mods, total convertions, etc.
(I wouldn't say no to honorary mentions of the Adventure/Action-Adventure type, either.)
Games that have a desert biome among others are also alright.

To give some examples:

Ideal - Full Desert Pack
Dark Sun
Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire

Good - Some Sand Over Yonder

Gothic 3
Enderal
Outward

Okay - "Wait, that's not a desert desert!"
Kenshi
Fallout

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Assasins Creed: Origins

Its a passable mindless action romp but the shitty writing, oversimplistic quest design and the godawful fake accent in all of the voice overs made me drop it in the middle of the campaign.

I would rather replay Fallout New Vegas

alyvain

Learned
I actually liked the deserts in Fable 3. Sadly, that was the only thing I liked about the game. There is also the Age of Decadence.

But the best deserts in all the vidiya are in the HoMM 2, just look at this (not RPG) shit

heroes_3_succession_wars_mod_battle_2.png

Last edited:

Martyr

Arcane
and as always the glorious Daggerfall is the answer. :obviously:

th

way down south you've got a whole lot of desert to explore. I bet it actually has a larger desert biome than all the other games that feature deserts combined !

Egosphere

Arcane
Don't know of anything that would fit the 'ideal' category

Vendigroth wastes in Arcanum, though you only reach it near the end of the game
Dungeon Siege 2, I think, had a desert
Many locations in Age of Decadence are sand swept. You get to fend off the steppe peoples if you're doing a Praetorian playthrough, as well.

PirateScum

Augur
You really don't need to look further than Dark Sun and Fallout.
Since I've played those at least once, already, as well as most of the other games mentioned, I'd say it is of utter importance to look further!
I'd like to see something new after all.

Scanning above post: scan complete. "Swordflight" detected. Activating Lilura sequence. Blog-post advertising filter initiated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom