Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wanted to buy rimworld, but it's not on sale :cry:
So, Outward, Predestination and Heretic Operative - any of these worth buying?
Rimworld never goes on sale AFAIK.
Yeah, isthereanydeal says $30 is the lowest ever.
Kaethar ... buy Rimworld anyway. It'll be way better than some 6 trashy games you buy for $5 each.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

if you'd put that amount of work and effort in your job, you wouldn't need discounts to buy games...
It's understandable. When I visited Israel I spent 10 hours haggling with a shopkeeper to get 10% discount for a bottle of water.

1561471356704.jpg
זה הניקל שלי, תתרחק ממנו
this is my nickel, stay away from it!

זוכר את שישה קווינטיליון
remember the six quintillion!

ראיתי איש לבן לפני כמה ימים
יצורים איומים
אני רוצח אותם בכל פעם שאני יכול
I saw a white man the other day.
horrible creatures.
I genocide them whenever I can.

bloodlover

Arcane
Grim Dawn expansions could have been at least 60% off.

Not much to buy from my wishlist except that to be honest.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just grabbed a few cheap wishlist items.

Thinking of finally grabbing the first Danganronpa, but shit, I have enough "A"-interest games queued to last me right now.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Heard good things:

Sometimes a man needs to shut his brain down, I hope this captures dat auld Zombie Shooter feel:

Reverse horror puzzle:

That's 16,32 jewro btw, if you care about doge vs parrot (I suppose that's what "every 16 you spend on Steam" means)

Ivan

Arcane
what's the most efficient way to earn vouchers? cheevos? or just idling on any game you've already earned cheevos for?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
what's the most efficient way to earn vouchers? cheevos? or just idling on any game you've already earned cheevos for?

I'm downloading several games in which I have lots of achievements, you need to play it for 30 min to unlock it for points.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So wait... the odometer resets to 100 every day? And if I want to boost it up again, I have to make purchases every day?

Yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

I'm downloading several games in which I have lots of achievements, you need to play it for 30 min to unlock it for points.
come on, man

https://github.com/Ezzpify/HourBoostr

I think you need to have those games installed before they are seen on the race screen.
nah, I just idled nu vegas, and that's all the idling I'll need for the entire sale

Villagkouras

Arcane
So wait... the odometer resets to 100 every day? And if I want to boost it up again, I have to make purchases every day?

Yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen.
It should be 200 today, 300 tomorrow etc. That's what I got from the "rules".

Anyway, the whole thing is a mess, I wonder why they bother, just slap the discounts and call it a sale.

Latelistener

Arcane
Valve fucked this up so badly. I got only 2249 PTS, although it says that I was suppose to receive 4000 for my previous purchases + whatever left from Lunar sale + 100.

Af2d.png

9f2d.png

Apparently, someone got 0 while others got a negative amount of tokens. I don't know how is that possible, but it is.

tumblr_mwp4s51zID1rxi9lno1_500.png

Curratum

Game seems bugged, still says I have 100 capacity and it's day 2, plus I bought a bunch of games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don’t get this STEAM sale. Points, boosts and other crap. Oh well, I’m not planning to buy anything in this sale.

Zombra

Patron
I don’t get this STEAM sale. Points, boosts and other crap.
It's another free game for people who already like games, that generates a lot of interest and therefore revenue. Not to mention it's a nice boost to Valve's reputation as a playful, friendly company.

Look, even in this thread we have prestigious Codexers pouring time, energy, and $ into getting good at whatever the hell this is. Now multiply that by the stupidity, boredom, and susceptibility of 3 billion "average gamers". $$$$$$$

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I bought three titles, the new DLC for Don't Starve, an interesting game called Hyperspace Delivery Service (that I've yet to try out) and then the early access title Dungeon of Dragon Knight, which is a clear Legend of Grimrock rip-off. I gave that a short go, but came across this interesting bug where I climbed down a ladder, tried to turn around and somehow casually drifted out of the map. So yeah, work in progress, but looks and feels good so far.

And I only got 100 pts for Day 2 of the race, even though I'm supposed to get 200.

Curratum

I feel compelled to drop this here as it's the best thing you can play in this day and age that is not Dungeon Keeper 1/2 and I can't stop the urge to shill

Your odometer resets every day (As in, if your maximum was 5,000, you reached that, you "Spent" that, you couldn't climb back to 5,000 until the next day)

rating_citation.png

Seriously, I don't think that the odometer/capacity will reset, it would be too generous from Valve.
Looks like that's the case, even though under the rules they specifically say "Hey bro you can increase your capacity but there's no way to decrease your capacity". In fact they ONLY mention growing your capacity, and I went from 7,400 capacity yesterday to 1,300 today. Even though your boost meter is supposed to increase by 100 every day of the sale, too.

Looks like it's the nightmare scenario and Gaben got me. :dance:

mastroego

Arcane
Nothing from my wishlist got a decent discount, nor am I in hurry for anything.
I've bought even stuff at full price when I was, but, right now, I am not.

So I guess I'll skip this sale too.
Unless my fellow Codexers manage to highlight something that's actually worth it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom