Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What do YOU want for ELEX 2?

NamelesSayan

Barely Literate
Wish PB could fuse Gothic world with Elex. Like if Megalan were same world as gothic, but in the future so we can get more eastereggs.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck,i have become too adept at this game. Now replaying the Risen 3 and midway i just noticed that i am playing on ultra difficulty,so i ended up using speedhack from the cheatengine with 3x the speed. It gave quite the fun challenge,now i feel strange at playing on speed 1 tho.

:negative:

Fuck,i need ELEX 2!!!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No jetpacks - Introduce the skills to enhance the character based on natural and practical movements of climbing and even adept in parkour. I enjoy working on my skills to interact with the environment more than flying a silly jetpack too convenient and easy.
dumbest suggestion ever

Eelix with no jetpacks?

Who is honestly that retarded?

Who bitch this is?

Ranarama

Learned
Make the beginning section where everything instantly kills you even longer, so you have to rely on fetch quests.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd want gunskills to affect accuracy, recoil and "precision aiming" time, and guns having a bigger punch across the board.

I'd also want different enemies requiring different weapons for optimal combat results (i.e. fighting killer robots with a sword not being for "optimal results").

thesecret1

Arcane
All I want is some semblance of balance, so that the game doesn't go from "everything kills you" to "you kill everything effortlessly" in the span of 10 hours. Also world design that makes some sort of sense, rather than placing a small, completely defenseless farm right next to a den of jacked up mutants. Feel free to make the world half, or even third as big, but have it make some goddamn sense.

Shadenuat

Arcane
imo jetpack does trivialize exploration, takes away a lot of mystery out of the world and leads to more modern open world design. it also means most enemies must have ranged attacks. at least that's how it all ended up in elex.

i much preferred the sense of exploration when you find some little path taking you around a hill into secret cave ala gothic 2

also placing hard monsters and making them interesting or creating hard to reach and secret areas is easier when you know player can't just loljump into them 20 mins into the game

i am not a fan of just randomly finding best plasma rifle in the game 20 mins after it began and destroying everything either

Last edited:

Abhay

Augur
Eelix with no jetpacks?

Who is honestly that retarded?

Who bitch this is?
Did you find the absence of jetpack in Gothic games problematic? I don't see the point of flying around the map just to quickly access from one point to another.

How about the features I already mentioned in my previous post, like Freerunning in AC2. Its so much fun than simply taking a quick shortcut by flying a jetpack. This is an RPG not a GTA game, right?
A lot of improvements are possible to the freerunning feature above, which will add to the immersion more. Jetpack joyride is suitable for games like GTA, not Elex

imo jetpack does trivialize exploration, takes away a lot of mystery out of the world and leads to more modern open world design. it also means most enemies must have ranged attacks. at least that's how it all ended up in elex.

i much preferred the sense of exploration when you find some little path taking you around a hill into secret cave ala gothic 2

also placing hard monsters and making them interesting or creating hard to reach and secret areas is easier when you know player can't just loljump into them 20 mins into the game

THIS! Exactly

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
What I think would be cool is some sort of addiction mechanic. The more ELEX potions you ingest to boost your stats, the more addicted you get, and need to consume raw ELEX more and more often or suffer severe debuffs. This would make players think about which stat boosts they really need.

Admittedly, this could also be solved (perhaps more elegantly) by returning to the Gothic formula of limited amount of potions and potion ingredients, but I believe this could be an interesting alternative.

The Decline

Arcane
All I want is some semblance of balance, so that the game doesn't go from "everything kills you" to "you kill everything effortlessly" in the span of 10 hours. Also world design that makes some sort of sense, rather than placing a small, completely defenseless farm right next to a den of jacked up mutants. Feel free to make the world half, or even third as big, but have it make some goddamn sense.

I probably played it wrong, but I didn't get to that point until 20 hours into the game and even then there are plenty of things that could kill me in a few swipes if they got close enough.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
what if we get gothic remaster instead of elex 2?
I actually think a remaster wouldn't be the greatest idea. Gothic I was/is great the way it was/is, don't need no remasterin' there.
However, an entirely new game in the Gothic universe, be it a prequel or a sequel, would hype me like no game hyped for decades.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom