Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
9nEksyw.png

After installing the DeusEx.u hotfix, sometimes when I pick up items or corpses I get these weird values in the log (in the screenshot I picked up a single soda). I've yet to figure out why it shows sometimes but not others.

I did apply the hotfix mid-playthrough so that may have borked something. I started a new game and could pick up items and corpses without the values displaying.

Last edited:

RoSoDude

Arcane
Yeah I got a report from another player that this happened when applying the hotfix mid playthrough, but not when they started a new file. I'm not sure what the deal is, because I checked through the log output statements I use for testing in the current build (all of them) and didnt find any that weren't commented out. Could have been removed between the hotfix and now, and I can't be assed to decompile the hotfix to check.

RoSoDude

Arcane
An update is in order! I'm not sure I'm actually going to be following the addon/9.0.4 feature split that I had going before, and might just do one release with expanded menu options. We'll see.

Post-Beta Confirmed Changes for 9.0.4 (highlights)
  • Fixed UI bugs related to the new perks/info button, inventory overlapping exploit, and inventory ammo loading buttons
  • Fixed triggers in the Paris Chateau map so you still get goal completed/Everett's datalink message/Nicolette staying behind if you hop over the maze wall instead of taking the entrance
  • Added a button to the locked and keypadded aug canister room in Hell's Kitchen so the player can get out if they close the door while locked
  • Turret "Allies" targeting setting renamed to "Default", because people often wrongly assume it means the turret's allies
  • Drastically reduced the degree to which items (weapons, pickups, and ammo) are knocked around by explosive damage so you have a chance of finding scattered loot
  • Fixed not being able to pick up wearables from carcasses when at max copies but below max charge (now charges them to full, as with picking up from the world)
  • If an ammo box/weapon (copy) contains more ammo than the player can carry, the spillover amount is left in the world
  • Refactored Cloak/Radar Transparency effects
  • Individual HDTP model toggle for all weapons. Currently available only through the ini
  • Fixed weapon tooltip errors
  • Targeting reticle is now precisely sized to weapon accuracy for all resolutions/UI scalings
  • Streamlined ammo swapping functionality (previously led to bad swaps and displayed bogus messages to the log)
  • Ammo boxes now display the amount of contained ammo, and the amount of ammo picked up from all sources is now displayed in the log

Post-Beta Changes for RoSoDude's GMDX Addon (highlights)
  • Fixed most of the silly beta bugs (reverted MJ12 Troops turning back into Elites when killed, can't actually buy Misfeature Exploit perk, accidentally doubled grenade capacity, Controlled Burn perk hitting enemies multiple times, hitscan shots deviating slightly from the laser dot, zyme not buffing melee speed, and many minor but potentially game-crashing errors)
  • Changed cigarettes max copies from 20 -> 10 to reflect new usefulness, will be adjusting map distribution as well
  • Clip mod now increases AR clip size by 5 rather than 3 to match 5-round burst (this will be reverted if I get 3-round burst working, which is a major goal)
  • Assault Shotgun loads a shell at a time again (per-clip reload reverted), and now the GEP gun does as well
  • Further reduced ammo capacities (~33%), removed Halve Ammo Capacity option, and doubled effect of skill/aug capacity increases (20/50/100% increase from weapon skills, 25/50/75/100% increase from Ammo Capacity aug)
  • Increased default rubber bullet pickup count from 5->8 to match Sabot/Shell ratio
  • Using the "Change Ammo" button or ammo icons to swap ammo types now equips the weapon and performs an active reload if Real-Time UI is enabled (forced on in Hardcore). Otherwise, the original background reload remains
  • Overhauled shotgun and plasma rifle firing routines. Was variable spread around a fixed center, which had strange implications for the meaning of character skill and weapon spread. Replaced with more consistent (but slightly variable) spread with a variable center depending on current accuracy
  • Replaced Master-level "Cracked" perk (one multitool to hack any device) with the "Easy Crack" perk, which allows the player to hack any device at 5% or below for free, with all alarms and some security panels lowered to this value.
  • Withdrawal symptoms now have a delay before kicking in
  • New menu option, Restricted Metabolism: The player can only eat/drink so much before getting full, and withdrawal symptoms occur twice as quickly (forced on in Hardcore)
  • New sounds for plasma robot impact and withdrawal onset courtesy of Markie Music
  • Melee attack speed is now halved when out of stamina
  • Swapped some lategame aug canisters; patient players can install both Power Recirculator and Synthetic Heart
  • Every percentage point of damage increase on weapons now counts, where before weapons with low base damage had to reach integer thresholds to see any improvement (e.g. Assault Gun/shotguns needed +33/66/100% etc. increases to have any effect with a base damage of 3)

GMDX 9.0.4 Confirmed Changelist:
https://pastebin.com/2Sef0nSA
Full RSD Addon Changelist:
https://pastebin.com/5P4Hpv3L

Showing off the "new" laser mod mechanics:

Here are the new Plasma Robot impact sounds from Markie Music (he does music and sound design for indie retro FPS games, check him out):

Voila, proper damage bonuses for the Assault Gun! Hurrah!
dbQ5lhx.png

Last edited:

RoSoDude

Arcane
Development update and beta release soon. Currently crunching to put the finishing touches on everything. I finally created a menu option to individually toggle every HDTP weapon model, since it's such a highly requested feature. This has taken a ton of time, but it's now ready to show off.

Showcasing the new menu option for GMDX that allows you to individually toggle assets from the HDTP mod, plus a few assets unique to GMDX. Want to use all vanilla weapons? Go ahead! Like most of the HDTP weapons, but don't like the prod, baton, or Dragon's Tooth? We got you covered.

[You may notice that right now the new menu replaces the keybinding menu -- this is only for development purposes and the menu will be moved to a new location before beta release]

RoSoDude

Arcane
Jesus that's impressive

You don't want to know how much time I put into fixing texture overlays (for cloak/radar/attachments/muzzle flash/not covering pickups in hand textures), weapon offset and rotation, and reload/fire animation timings for individual weapon models before I even implemented the menu. Actually, I don't even want to know. Strangest bug of all was cloak/radar texture overlays freezing in place on a handful of weapons for unknown backend engine reasons, which I managed to fix with some on/off texture voodoo magic that I still don't understand. Also, I overhauled the cloak/radar effects so they both activate, deactivate, and stack together properly.

I'm expecting to have something ready in 1-2 weeks. Is there anyone here who'd be interested in doing a speedy test run (i.e. full run in under 7 days) of the closed beta before it's made public? If so, send me a PM. I'd like to work out any stability issues or game-breaking bugs before making it live.

RoSoDude

Arcane
The beta should be feature complete. Only last-minute testing, fixing, and configuring the installer remains. This is the last call for guinea pig testers -- I don't need anyone to finish the game, just play a decent chunk of it and report on major issues.

The final feature to make it in was the incorporation of the wonderful Radial Augmentation Menu addon. I made a brief gameplay demo here to show it off:

The official branch of GMDX now features lrosenth's Radial Augmentation Menu Addon:
moddb.com/mods/gmdx/addons/radial-augmentation-menu

This video serves as a brief demonstration of the improved gameplay fluidity that the snappy real-time menu can offer. While nothing new to more adept hotkey users, the ability to effortlessly access any augmentation at a moment's notice opens up new possibilities for players to wield the infinite power of nano-augmentation for themselves. It also brings Deus Ex one step closer to being gamepad-ready without any commonly associated baggage, like pausing gameplay or obtrusive screen draw.

Features:
-Set any desired key to toggle the radial augmentation menu in the Settings -> Keyboard/Mouse
-When toggled, use the mouse or joystick to highlight an augmentation and press the "Fire" button to activate or deactivate it
-The power icon at the bottom of the menu can be used to deactivate all active augmentations at once

[NOTE: In the release version,the radial menu will stack on top of other HUD elements to prevent the overlapping with e.g. bark HUD elements as seen at 0:57. Also, the default ammo name bug at 2:50 has been noted and fixed]

Last edited:

AW8

Arcane
That radial menu looks smooth and fluid as fuck. I usually only get comfortable with the hotkeys for a certain amount of powers in games, then when I've amassed enough they often sit unused because I forget about them.

Might try the radial menu out to see if I utilize more of my augmentations.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Currently compiling the installer to pass off to my special volunteer for private testing. Here's the last big development update before the beta is released.

The RSD addon and v9-0-4 patch have existed in isolation. Pure. Disconnected. Alone. Stagnant. The barriers between them have fallen and they have become one GMDX update. More info to come soon, but for now, here's the full changelog since last time:

• Tranquilizer darts will no longer play a flesh hit sound if you hit a robot, play a weak deflection sound instead
  • Removed a clip mod from one Hong Kong cop and a reload mod from one Paris cop to discourage random cop killing, and a scope mod from a MJ12 Trooper in Paris
  • Fixed the Rooks being overprotective of junkies/hookers in the Brooklyn Bridge map (would become hostile to player if they observed fleeing junkies/hookers)
  • Fixed reworked +30% damage bonus for rubber bullets on the Sawed-Off Shotgun not actually going into effect
  • Added a removed prod battery back to the NSF hideout in Battery Park
  • The amount of ammo contained in a ammo boxes is now displayed in the frob window, e.g. 10mm Ammo (5)
  • The amount of ammo picked up from all sources is now displayed in the log, e.g. You found some 10mm Ammo (5)
    • Now includes ammo boxes picked up for the first time (previously only displayed when adding to an existing ammo pool)
    • Now includes ammo picked up from corpses (previously only displayed in the corpse looting window)
  • The current charge of wearable items is now displayed in the frob window
  • Partially fixed an exploit that allowed the player to double activate Smuggler's laser trap, causing the robot door to close
  • Restored autosaving in the Paris Cathedral map
  • Rearranged some objects in the Brooklyn Naval Shipyard map so as to require crate stacking, skill/aug investment, and/or precise platforming for a mantling path over the main gate and side fence
  • HUD windows that overlap with inventory menus (e.g. log/infolink/loot/bark/conversation/mission start text) are now dynamically hidden when the latter are open and Real-Time UI is enabled
  • Added missing "some" to pickup messages for ammo types added in GMDX (e.g. You found some Taser Darts)
  • Fixed exploit associated with new spillover ammo feature that could allow the player to farm unlimited rockets, 20mm HE ammo, and taser darts on Hardcore
  • Fixed some hazards in the EUAS threat detector being named "Flamed" instead of "Fire"
  • Fixed 2/3 of the doors to the PCRS Wall Cloud's mess hall closing after 8s rather than opening/closing on demand
  • Added a few more hidden goodies to Area 51
  • Removed the forcefield generators in Area 51 Sector 4 on non-Hardcore difficulty, as Everett's message about Page's OTHER forcefield may confuse new players
  • Fixed some misaligned/missing geometry and textures in Area 51 Sector 4
  • Halved flamethrower damage threshold for MIBs to be set on fire
  • Fixed Targeting aug displaying the weapon class name in code instead of the localized display name
  • Added Clyzm's FOMOD beta Sniper Rifle and Stealth Pistol in the iHDTPModelToggle = 2 slot for WeaponRifle.uc and WeaponStealthPistol.uc, respectively
    • Fixed aim sway with FOMOD beta Sniper Rifle and Stealth Pistol after reloading while zoomed
    • Fixed typo in code for FOMOD beta Stealth Pistol that broke the zooming animation
    • Made zoom toggling on FOMOD beta Sniper Rifle and Stealth Pistol as flexible as with other weapons
    • Equalized FOMOD beta Stealth Pistol fire rate with vanilla/HDTP Stealth Pistol in all firing modes
  • Added a Weapon Model Selection menu for toggling weapon model replacements (vanilla/HDTP/FOMOD beta where available)
  • Addressed a potential oversight with mantling when changing keybinds
  • Fixed stealth pistol full-auto jank (delayed second shot, clipped final shot animation). Now fires smoothly with a consistent ROF in full-auto
  • Increased stealth pistol base damage back up to 9 (was accidentally reverted to 8 in v9 beta and now rererereverted)
  • Fixed duplicate config variables in GMDXUser.ini file ([DeusEx.DeusExPlayer] and [DeusEx.Human] vars were redundant with [DeusEx.JCDentonMale], now all vars only in [DeusEx.DeusExPlayer])
  • Fixed pitch-dependent viewmodel rotation on some HDTP weapons
  • Decreased Gray hitcylinder radius by 30% to better accord with its model
  • Decreased Gray health by 20% on all difficulties
  • Ported lrosenth's Radial Augmentation Menu addon with permission
    • DESCRIPTION: This makes gameplay more fluent: tired of always searching the right F-key to toggle augs in your dark and moody (and untidy) gaming cave? Simply toggle augs on the run with a radial aug menu! Click middle mouse button (configurable), highlight one, click, done! I forgot F-keys exist using this thing. It's awesome!
    • BINDING: Go to Settings -> Keyboard/Mouse and locate the "Toggle Augmentation Wheel" option at the bottom.
    • Fixed several camera bugs that occurred due to conflicts with Spy Drone camera behavior (new feature)
    • Fixed augs activated outside of the radial menu not displaying as such
    • Fixed Spy Drone showing as deactivated when reactivated from standby using the radial menu (new feature)
    • Fixed visible targeting reticles when the radial menu is active
    • Fixed visible crosshair when deactivating the radial menu while a weapon laser sight is active
    • Fixed laser dot position getting dragged around by the radial menu
    • Fixed missing head/weapon bob when using the radial menu
  • Further refinements to weapon/ammo pickup messages:
    • Fixed DEFAULT PICKUP NAME pickup message bug when picking up a grenade type that the player already carries in the inventory
    • Fixed throwing knives displaying a pickup message twice, now also displays pickup count
    • Fixed "You cannot carry any more of of that type of ammo" when trying to pickup a second copy of a melee weapon
    • When picking up a weapon not carried in the inventory, the weapon name is displayed in the pickup message e.g. "You found a Pistol"
    • When picking up a weapon already carried in the inventory, only the ammo is displayed in the pickup message e.g. "You found some 10mm ammo (5)"
  • Updated text descriptions:
    • Added numerical detail to drug descriptions for the new addiction system, fleshed out by new UNATCO OPS file descriptions
    • Added numerical detail to food descriptions (e.g. Heals 2 points)
    • Restored Pistol, Combat Knife, Sword, Crowbar, Baton, Liquor, Wine, and Soda descriptions to vanilla
    • Restored weapon mod drag message to vanilla
    • Restored Datacube "It is blank" to vanilla "There's nothing interesting to read"
    • Restored Water fountain "Your drinking limit has been exceeded, please come back tomorrow" to vanilla "It's out of water"
    • Reworked Flare description to vanilla + new UNATCO OPS file
    • Reworked Fire Extinguisher description to vanilla + new UNATCO OPS file
    • Reworked Binoculars description to vanilla + additional note about rangefinder functionality.
    • Reworked weapon range mod description to more clearly cover all projectile weaponry
    • Reworked ballistic armor description to more clearly indicate draining with use and recharging
    • Reworked Spy Drone description to remove noisemaker functionality and indicate the new standby mode as well as clarify the detonation energy cost
    • Reworked Stealth Pistol description to vanilla + additional notes about its unique benefits
    • Reworked Ballistic Protection, Vision Enhancement, Dragon's Tooth Sword description for clarity
    • Reworked Mini-Crossbow description to indicate its new internal magazine
    • Refined skill descriptions to account for new changes and improve clarity
    • Capitalized "Low-Tech" and "Demolitions" in the Combat Speed description
    • Uncapitalized "Bioelectric Energy Units" in item descriptions and log messages
  • Swapped the Combat Strength/Combat Speed aug icons so Combat Strength has its vanilla fist icon, while Combat Speed gets the new icon depicting the whole body (since it affects more than just melee speed)
  • Reverted Environmental Training skill costs from 900/1800/3600 to 750/1500/3000
  • Reworked Athletics/Aqualung and general stamina system balance:
    • Removed maximum stamina multiplier from Athletics skill, now only affects swimming speed and mantling reach (baseline 20 seconds underwater)
    • Increased Athletics swimming speed multiplier from 0.9/1.2/1.7/2.75 to 1.0/1.4/2.0/3.0x
    • Increased ADRENALINE RUSH stamina gain from 30% to 50% of total stamina
    • Decreased growth rate per rank from 2x to ~1.5x (30/60/120/240 seconds underwater to 30/45/65/90 seconds underwater)
    • Removed Aqualung's influence on stamina regeneration
    • Aqualung is now a passive augmentation
  • Slightly improved performance of new accuracy/range implementation in hitscan firing routine
  • Fixed some unsightly texture flickering and inconsistencies between geometry and destructible mover on the EMP generator in Osgood's and Sons
  • Added number of uses remaining on repair bot and medical bot user interface on Medium difficulty and above (inf/3/3/2/2 uses on Easy/Medium/Hard/Realistic/Hardcore)
  • Fixed incorrect font for N/A ammo text on new secondary items

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So what kind of firepower do you need to blow up security cameras?

BTW, love this mod so far. Why was its creator banned?

AW8

Arcane
If you are within grabbing distance of a security camera and position your cursor over it, you can see its hit points and damage threshold. Their threshold is very high, so you'll need to use explosives or an upgraded sniper rifle to destroy them.

EDIT: Actually, turns out I remembered wrong. The only information you get is how many multi-tools it takes to hack them. But I am pretty sure a damage-boosted sniper rifle can destroy them, at least on earlier versions of GMDX.

BTW, love this mod so far. Why was its creator banned?
I was talking about CyberP, the OP of this thread.
The original creator of this mod currently goes by Ash on the Codex. CyberP was Ash's old account. He also goes by Totalitarian on ModDB. I don't know the story of how his original account was shut down.

Last edited:

You can also plink away at them using pistol AP rounds or hack them with a multitool. Neither is generally worth doing unless you have to, though. Once your pistol/rifle skill is high enough then you can take them out with a powerful weapon like a handgun with AP ammo or the sniper rifle in just one or two shots.

randir14

Augur
You can also destroy most of them once you get the dragon tooth sword and the combat strength aug if you upgrade it high enough

RoSoDude

Arcane
There was backed out code in GMDX v9 that reduced camera hack strength for Hard and below/Realistic/Hardcore to 10/15/20% to encourage multitool use (some were as high as 80% from vanilla values). I re-enabled it.

Keep in mind that weapon skills (+100%), damage mods (+50%), and the Combat Strength (+100%) and Targeting (+30%) augs all stack additively when trying to bypass damage thresholds. The Sniper Rifle does 27 up to 75 damage with a 2.8x multiplier and the Dragon's Tooth does 26 up to 85x damage with a 3.3x multiplier. In the next version I nerfed the DTS to 22 base damage but added the ability to use damage mods, giving it up to 83 damage with a 3.8x multiplier. I could be convinced to make that 23 up to 87 damage, though the fully buffed use case is not as relevant.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom