Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Codex Year of the Donut
Steam Recomender. Based on NN recomends games for you with switches for popularity-niche , older-newer and few filters.

Scary good for me. Pretty much recomends me games i don't have on steam but i know they are pretty fucking good. That "Niche" stuff is really really really really nice.
my top recommendation is this

is it any good?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
>"For this experiment, we look at your play history and generate a list of titles personalized just for you"

>bunch of puzzle hentai games show up in list

Is this what I deserve for having 258 hours in PoE 2 :hmmm:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Octopath Traveler already has a 30% discount and it came out for PC a month ago,lol,tough luck for those who went full :d1p:

BTW there seems to be problem with my steam wishlist,I want to change it to rank games alphabetically but it changes back to my ranked order ,is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone know how to fix it?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Steam Recomender. Based on NN recomends games for you with switches for popularity-niche , older-newer and few filters.

Scary good for me. Pretty much recomends me games i don't have on steam but i know they are pretty fucking good. That "Niche" stuff is really really really really nice.
my top recommendation is this

is it any good?

Genesis with mods is better in every metric.

>"For this experiment, we look at your play history and generate a list of titles personalized just for you"

>bunch of puzzle hentai games show up in list

Is this what I deserve for having 258 hours in PoE 2 :hmmm:
I'm getting a bunch of weird garbage too, but it's probably because my play time is corrupted with auto-idling a ton of garbage indie games for cards so it's no great loss.

Modron

Arcane
Mine aren't so bad, mostly stuff I already had on gog though like Way of the Samurai 3/4 and half of them are already on wishlist, if I weight the recommender to 100% niche it is near 90% CYOAs though strangely. Granted if I set it to niche and limit it to more recent releases the perverted does creep in a bit probably because I've played a lot of Yakuza (I saw this previously in the recommended because you played Yakuza Kiwami 2 blurbs on the front page). Steam recommendations are still too robotically dependent on user tags with no regard to anything subtle for this to be remotely helpful yet.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Alien Shooter 2 - The Legend?

Apparently this is based on mobile release of Alien Shooter 2. I wonder what's different with existing AS2 on Steam.

Solid Snail

Learned
Well, today I completed Blazing Chrome, it was a blast. I played it on Easy to have 7 lives and infinite continues, but it was still very challenging. You also unlock two other characters when you beat it with a boss rush mode.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Mighty Gunvolt Burst, sequel to the only good thing came out of Mighty No. 9 fiasco, is coming to Steam:

ss_1e5803d63df3e6075db5b0e7f9134ed2cb61b125.600x338.jpg
ss_1444a5883d7a24e411138e8652158ff20fb4d3b4.600x338.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

It's a visual novel tainted with SJW narratives. Even pcgaymer is complaining about it:

One of your passengers is inferred to be an immigrant who's just had a run-in with the police, but he turns out to be deeply sensitive lover of literature who bonds with the driver over shared experiences with racism. “People of colour can be smart people with diverse interests, too, even the scary-looking ones” isn't a point worth making in 2019, as necessary as it may seem. A policeman is scared of coming out to his colleagues because he works in a traditionally hyper-masculine space. The old racist says “I'm not a racist, honest.”

Don't buy this shit.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Re-release of 1985 action game Saboteur! Apparently this was released on Switch few days ago too:

The second game also gets remastered release:

Title600x338.png

Saboteur II: Avenging Angel is the second part of the classic retro game hit made by Clive Townsend in 1985 for the ZX Spectrum 8-bit computer. In 1985 Saboteur! received the prestigious award "The Crash Smash" from Crash magazine and was high-rated with a 93% score.

In 1987 Clive made the sequel Saboteur II: Avenging Angel - the first video game to feature a female protagonist - Nina - sister of the ninja from the first part of the game.

Sab2GifSteam.jpg

Now after 32 years SimFabric in collaboration with Clive Townsend have prepared the special remastered version of Saboteur II: Avenging Angel for Nintendo Switch™.

In the game you'll experience the original mission from 1987 version. Additionally the story will continue with new levels and enemies. Now you'll be able to know more about sister of Saboteur and her dark and secret mission.

- Original mission from 1987 in five versions ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC, MS DOS, Special Retro VGA
- New levels
- New enemies
- New story
- New soundtrack and music
- Over 10 hours of gameplay
- 5 retro consoles graphic modes
- Retro special effects
- Restro original music, graphics
- 8 language versions
- 22 special achievments
- Secrets and easter eggs to reveal

OldTitlePCSTEAMSAB2RetroSteam.png

Retro DLC - available on Launch
- Scanlines
- CRT moire
- original title and menu
- original title music - ZX Spectrum, C64, Amstrad CPC
- 5 retro graphic modes: ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC, MS DOS, Special Retro VGA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom