Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you want most (that aren't being made)

Perkel

Arcane
Rogue like dungeon crawler with Dark Souls combat

Go play Bloodborne and do Chalice dungeons.

Or play Let It Die.

Or play Nioh with the endless halls mode.

Chalice Dungeons were afterthought and incredibly simple.
Let it Die lololol
Dungeon Crawling isn't endless mode.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ultima Underworld III - or at least a game like it. Arx Fatalis 2 would probably suffice.
Anachronox 2 - or Anachronox Prime, as the "add-on" pack was supposed to be called. Something that wraps up the story, at least.
Psychonauts 2 - I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned this before.
System Shock 3 - While I feel that the series needs a proper closure, there is no one currently capable of delivering a worthy conclusion.

Six years later and we have...

Underworld: Ascendant - 'nuff said.
Anachronox 2 - Hasn't been announced, but it has been brought up a couple of times.
Psychonauts 2 - Due out this year.
System Shock 3 - In development by the same people that brought us Underworld: Ascendant. More than a little worrysome, that.

So if I were to refresh my list for 2019, it would be:

Anachronox 2
Legend of Grimrock 3 - because I think there's still life in the series (and no one else has done better yet).
Broforce 2 - Because gaming needs more pixellated muscle-flexing!

Flexin.gif

tindrli

Arcane
Nexus Jupiter incident 2
Space Empires VI
KoDP 2
Space rangers III
System Shock III but not this one... the other one.. the true one that isn't even planned
Aquanox III
HoMM 3 and 4 and 5 REMAKE

and who knows. cant remember more but will probably add later

Abhay

Augur
This is a total surprise. OP, you have posted exactly the same games I want to see the most.
Arx Fatalis is an outstanding game, love everything about it, still enjoying to this day, such an awesome game, followed by ToEE, which I actually never played (due to bad reviews) until Temple+ changed my mind. It proved to be a complete game changer and offered a fantastic experience.

I'd also like to see another GTA SA (and GTA 2) style modern open world game.

Swigen

Arbiter
I want the guys from Singletrac to make a new Rogue Trip, Twisted Metal and Jet Moto.

Beggar

Cipher
I want sports rpg with going to the top (or not) and then slowly declining. Fight Night Round 2-3 did something like that but it was too limited and small

Most of the games I wanted a sequel to over the past ten years have been made and crushed any dreams I had of them.

Age of Wonders 3
Shroud of the Avatar
Dreamfall Chapters
Shenmue 3
Mechwarrior 5
Phoenix Point
Torment: Tides of Numenera
The handful of Jagged Alliance shovelware titles released a few years back.
Battletech

Games I'd like to see sequels to:
City of Heroes
Star Wars Galaxies
Legacy of Kain
Alpha Centauri
Front Mission
Alpha Protocol
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
Thief
Planetside
Dawn of War (the first game's gameplay)

Insert Title Here
Fallout but during the Black Death so instead of nukes, the Plague killed everybody and the property damage is from medieval fire safety. There are Black Death games but no media I've seen truly addresses the scale of the property damage, the fires got really bad and some places must have looked like walking around in an empty, destroyed Fallout city.

I want a prettied-up version of SMAC. Keep the voices, text, gameplay 100% but make it not hideous. Add in a Hans Zimmer soundtrack and I'd pay $59.95 day 1.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
The bastard child of Crusader Kings and Total War/FOG. Basically, a highly dramatic and fluid late Roman/middle ages historical dynasty simulator with badass turn based battles. I'd say this could be Medieval 3, but with the current trends by CA/SEGA, that's probably asking too much. The only thing that sort of meets that definition would be KOEI's Kessen series, but a reborn KOEI series doing well in western markets is probably even more difficult to imagine.

Martyr

Arcane
what I really want more than anything else is an extremely low fantasy or preferably completely non fantasy Darklands 2, with a darker atmosphere and modern graphics.
alternatively a Darklands remake with updated visuals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom