Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is the endless dungeon any good? and what level in the main campaign should it be approached?
If you're playing the campaign, it appears to be gated, either by chapter or level. I just did it at level 9-10ish (Season of Bloom *just* started) and it was mostly a breeze. I'd say that ~7-8 or so would be a good level to go and do the first section(s).

Shadenuat

Arcane
They already answered on Steam - no plans of adding TB mode.

The dungeon vote we all know what to do right? We want bigger, more difficult, longer ones, the best is DLC one from Varnhold (one which casuals barely can do on storymode) or you can type Watcher's Keep/Durlag's from BGs instead.

Also LESS FUCKING UNDEAD CYCLOPS

Last edited:

neilsouth

Augur
Last night I said to myself, I'm going to get through the House at the Edge of Time before my brain pops! Sure enough 2am in the morning it was done, over! I was getting so irrate with it that I ended up using a bloody good walkthrough pointing out each area and what areas to swap via picture. I would never have done it without that and would've uninstalled... Nice work devs ( NOT )

To be honest I thought the game was awesome ( didn't enjoy the town building aspect"turned off" ) up until that point, it was like the game was a 8/10 then dropped to 3 out of 10 in frustration. The book story ending was a nice touch, glad it's over now lol

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Ok so i turned Jaethal into a wisdom sorc and it worked out beautifully. Atm running a 6 caster party and its pretty fun.
Main char and valerie are arcane bloodline sorc, jaethal and harrim also sorcerers of the wisdom subtype, octavia a arcane trickster and tristian a mystic theurge.
A lot of fireballs and cone of colds get thrown around

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

no turn based mode question?

They already answered on Steam - no plans of adding TB mode.

The dungeon vote we all know what to do right? We want bigger, more difficult, longer ones, the best is DLC one from Varnhold (one which casuals barely can do on storymode) or you can type Watcher's Keep/Durlag's from BGs instead.

Also LESS FUCKING UNDEAD CYCLOPS
Responded. The words "Tucker's Kobolds" might have been mentioned a few times.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Oh, I never knew concept had a name. Just assumed it's a natural way of monsters behaving.
I fucking wish. It's certainly how some monsters (such as kobolds) absolutely should behave, but they never do. Meeting a full tribe of kobolds on their home turf should be an absolutely horrifying experience. For example, why on Earth would they engage you in 10-feet wide halls that fit medium or even large creatures? They should have tiny little murder-holes like the slightly more civilized VietCong bastards that they are, and pitfalls with sharpened sticks covered in draconic diarrhea.

For those of you not familiar with the concept, it is named after this article, from way, way back.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
no turn based mode question?

There are an turn based combat mod

Anyway, Pathfinder Kingmaker is the closest modern RPG to an pnp experience, but still offers much less freedom than pnp. For example, if Fey are attacking your kingdom, on pnp you can improvise. If you are playing as an NE "warlock"(male Witch on pathfinder, equivalent to 5e warlock), you can say that you will create an "cold iron" cage trap and torture the fey until they promises to be your slaves 3 times(fey can't break an promises made 3 times) and enslaving then to be your "consorts" or sell then on the slave market. Can be an druid in your party that will be pissed off hard since he will be convinced by the fey that the fey was just protecting the nature and an LG Paladin in a moral dilemma, since this is clearly evil, but you are in a land where slavery is legal and fey technically aren't protected by the human law. This situation can happens naturally on pnp(if the DM allow), but would only happens in a scripted way in a cRPG. Maybe in future with advancements in IA, this can be possible, but i doubt.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The dungeons could have less trash mobs for the start. And better encounter design.

Make every enemy in the dungeon count.

deuxhero

Arcane
Wonder what to make for the party in Varnhold's Lot. Decided on Paladin 2/Sorcerer 3/Dragon Disciple but I've got no idea what to do for the rest since I've got two fixed allies.

Codex Year of the Donut
Wonder what to make for the party in Varnhold's Lot. Decided on Paladin 2/Sorcerer 3/Dragon Disciple but I've got no idea what to do for the rest since I've got two fixed allies.
FYI, Maegar Varn kinda sucks. I gave him a bow and kept him as far away from the front line as possible.
I hate when the story doesn't match the gameplay, he should have been a competent fighter or something, he's praised a few times in the game as being a good fighter(Is it Armag that mentions him? Maybe another important barbarian?)

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I must say, after so much patching and now an Enhanced Edition, it pisses me off that there's still simple flags such as these that are broken:

g9Jbhm3.png

J404Pdq.png

I didn't hire the thugs, nor did I order the execution of Tsanna.
Can I buy the DLC at a later date and not have to restart to enjoy them?
No. The DLC is mostly proper expansion fare stuff, more or less integrated into the campaign properly. Even the standalone scenario, Varnhold's Lot, has some (very minor, though) effects on the main campaign.

Efe

Erudite
you cant get your protag from varnhold into main campaign?

jf8350143

Liturgist
As far as I know you can only see your character when finishing chapter 4 and decide to release all the people. But you can't recruit or control him/her.

They just show up in a cutscene or whatever, like how the main hero appears in the opening of the DLC if you import
Depending on your choices, they go to your tavern and stay there for (most of ) the rest of the game.

Fake News; irrespective of my choices in the DLC Varn's General just sat in the corner of Lostlarn Keep as a non-interactable NPC while Varn waxed maudlin wondering what foul fate could have befallen his general.

Codex Year of the Donut
They just show up in a cutscene or whatever, like how the main hero appears in the opening of the DLC if you import
Depending on your choices, they go to your tavern and stay there for (most of ) the rest of the game.

Fake News; irrespective of my choices in the DLC Varn's General just sat in the corner of Lostlarn Keep as a non-interactable NPC while Varn waxed maudlin wondering what foul fate could have befallen his general.
You need the ending where your general is doomed to fight an endless horde of monsters to protect Varnhold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom