Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: Underrail Expedition

Trashos

Arcane
I am also hoping that some of the loose ends of the storyline are tied in the expansion, and Styg promises that in the interview, but somehow I am not too optimistic on this.
No, I don't.

OK, I misinterpreted this bit then:

it fleshes out the lore of the world significantly and gives more context to certain events and esoteric stuff of the original campaign

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
I am also hoping that some of the loose ends of the storyline are tied in the expansion, and Styg promises that in the interview, but somehow I am not too optimistic on this.
No, I don't.

OK, I misinterpreted this bit then:

it fleshes out the lore of the world significantly and gives more context to certain events and esoteric stuff of the original campaign

It doesn't address any possible loose ends of the events of the original campaign, just gives a broader context to them in terms of the geopolitical (Biocorp) and esoteric stuff (such as monoliths).

Wouldn't want anyone to think they'll be pursuing the original storyline further.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
No, I don't.
if the next project isn't underrail 2, i will fly to serbia and swap all your vodkas with sparkling water
That's fine with me. You're better off threatening other members of the team with alcohol confiscation.

Jinn

Arcane
I would personally love to see Styg try his hand at different setting. Not that I wouldn't love to see an Underrail 2, but something different would be great too.

So excited for Monday! Will be buying a copy of Expedition for myself, as well as one for my brother to try to encourage him to get off his ass and finally play the original campaign.

Jezal_k23

I'd be interested in seeing what kind of apocalyptic hellscapes the surface has to offer, and what kind of things have managed to thrive up there. It'd be fascinating and dare I say even somewhat poetic: imagine the Underrail 2 version of the Deep Caverns being the surface.

I imagine the surface is uninhabitable, and there are no tunnels (all collapsed for hundreds of years) to the surface. Perhaps though (like Chernobyl) the surface has has 1000 years to recover and is now a paradise but nobody knows it.

Black Angel

Arcane
But what if... Underrail 2 will be different?

Overrail!
I'd be interested in seeing what kind of apocalyptic hellscapes the surface has to offer, and what kind of things have managed to thrive up there. It'd be fascinating and dare I say even somewhat poetic: imagine the Underrail 2 version of the Deep Caverns being the surface.
OntheRail!

damager

Arbiter
Yes, I want some real epic level content for UR2:

- Built a suite to walk the surface
- Transform into a giant rat hound mutant via chems
- Teleport around with PSI powers
- Cyborg myself up

Sequels shouöd always one up and extent, not reboot, in my opinion.

Diggfinger

Arcane
It's not listed on GOG yet, guess this means it will be delayed on there.

I'm still dabbling where to get it, but would prefer Gog for sure.

orcinator

Liturgist
Should have asked why it took four years to make it so the game doesn't require speedhacks to be playable.

Oh wait there's still progress bars all over the place, never mind.

Why did you choose to develop a mid-game instead of post-game expansion?

It was probably a mistake. If we just made Expedition as a separate stand-alone campaign, I think we could have made it even bigger and saved up a year of development or so...

Probably
knowing that my late game character will just steamrolll through it doesn't make me want to reinstall.

turkishronin

Arcane
I think it's better for the DLC to be set in mid-game. Because it has been a while since the base game was released and many people have either lost the saves or just want to create a new character and it would take less time for them to reach the DLC point.

Saduj

Arcane
I think it's better for the DLC to be set in mid-game. Because it has been a while since the base game was released and many people have either lost the saves or just want to create a new character and it would take less time for them to reach the DLC point.

Wouldn’t a stand alone campaign accomplish that even quicker? Just start with a new character playing new content.

I would have bought that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom