Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
What he is saying doesn't make sense to me. You can do whatever you want to either game to make them newer and better (or worse). If BG3 was going to be just like BG, then he might have a point. But it is already going to be modernized, different engine, different camera angle, updated combat so melees don't just auto attack all day, etc.. When you change all those things, it doesn't even matter if you are making BG3 or NWN3. The result is a whole new game.

Last edited:

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I assume he means that people will compare the game to BG2, which is a harder bar to clear than if people had to compare it to the snoozefest that is the NWN2 OC

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
? The "original crew" didn't go for BG3 because hardly any of them even work at Bioware any more or in the industry itself and Bioware has their own thing with Dragon Age, they don't need BG.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
? The "original crew" didn't go for BG3 because hardly any of them even work at Bioware any more or in the industry itself and Bioware has their own thing with Dragon Age, they don't need BG.

I think he means back in the early 2000s.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think he means back in the early 2000s.

In that case the reason was because they finished the story in the final expansion because the engine was too old for another full-fledged sequel and they were all-in on Neverwinter which had been in development since 1997.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
As with most irrelevant generalist commentators, he is clearly uninformed.

Watching him play BG and NWN2 is an exercise in tedium, too. Most of his commentary is "I'm not sure if...", "I can't remember how...", "I think you can..." etc.

Practically everything he says is a half-thought. And in a high-pitched voice, too.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh Queen of Blogs Eternal blessed be thy name!
Alas, some peasants are not munchkins and they simply play games without full knowledge of everything in them!
FOR SHAME

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
In point of fact, he "reviews" them. He gives them scores. He gave NWN2 OC 4/5. If you are going to review a game, you should have knowledge of it that exceeds "a peasant" (as you put it) or a casual.

One doesn't need to go into technical depth (that's my job), but at least say something. At least make a few declarative statements instead of these half-assed remarks.

Also, he tries to sell every game he reviews.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
In point of fact, he "reviews" them. He gives them scores. He gave NWN2 OC 4/5. If you are going to review a game, you should have knowledge of it that exceeds "a peasant" (as you put it) or a casual.

One doesn't need to go into technical depth (that's my job), but at least saying something. At least make a few declarative statements instead of these half-assed remarks. What a cuck.

I haven't read or watched anything by him, but these are games with a LOT of rules - one can easily forget stuff or be unsure imo

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I haven't read or watched anything by him, but these are games with a LOT of rules - one can easily forget stuff or be unsure imo

You don't need to delve into the ruleset in order to make declarative statements on a game. At the end of the review, he summed up NWN2 by referring to its OST, its visuals and its cutscenes. Low-brow, right thar.

Last edited:

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
I don't write for mobs.

Yet you claim millions of sheeple flock to your blog to read about the dense placement of objects in NWN Daggerdale every day. Being elite is such a mass phenomenon nowadays it seems.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

You don't need to delve into the ruleset in order to make declarative statements on a game. At the end of the review, he summed up NWN2 by referring to its OST, its visuals and its cutscenes. Low-brow, right thar.

One doesn't need to go into technical depth (that's my job), but at least say something. At least make a few declarative statements instead of these half-assed remarks.

I don't disagree, but there's something hysterical (yet magnificent) about anyone criticizing Matt Barton for insufficient autism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom