Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Black Angel

Arcane
Not long after rescuing Professor Oldfield by infilitration, the camp is attacked by the pirates. Suffice to say they're far worse enemy than even the savages. I won after several reloads, and even then I look back, assessed how much losses we just incurred, and what the fuck kind of mess I gotten myself into. It's not worth it because not only the camp has the wildlife and the natives to worry about, now the pirates will be actively hostile to us. And so I reloaded my save and decided to negotiate with the pirates instead.

Damn, I actually preferred negotiation. Really love how we need to work on our offers, with sufficient skills the better. I'd assume failure to pass the checks would require us to work for them, or worse, an all-out war between the expedition and the pirates.
Or you could have just killed a sufficent number of pirates or their captain to prevent the invasion. If you are gonna muderhobo, commit to it!
I'm playing *just* a hobo right now, not a murderhobo.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Got my brother-in-law "into" Underrail yesterday, sent him a workable build in hopes he'll stick with the game. He's done very well in difficult/involved/inclined games before, like Kenshi and various grand strategy games.

He called into work this morning, using one of his PTO (protected time off) days. :lol:

Tygrende

Arbiter
Post 'em!

0bab08000b.png
Step it up

BmVKpZG.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
DID ANYONE MANAGED TO DOCK AT THE PIRATE'S PORTS??????????????

I docked at I3 I think, then walked a bit and took a pirate jet ski further inside. Hostile to them, though.
I want to trade with them and see if they have some side quests. It is pretty sad that the whole dlc doesn't have any side quests outside of the dude. Also the dude that goes around the docks is kind of pointless when you can only talk to him on one dock lol. You can't talk to him when in pirates dock,in the savage land....yeah good look,so it leaves only the mutated assholes.

Parabalus

Arcane

I docked at I3 I think, then walked a bit and took a pirate jet ski further inside. Hostile to them, though.
I want to trade with them and see if they have some side quests. It is pretty sad that the whole dlc doesn't have any side quests outside of the dude. Also the dude that goes around the docks is kind of pointless when you can only talk to him on one dock lol. You can't talk to him when in pirates dock,in the savage land....yeah good look,so it leaves only the mutated assholes.

I definitely talked to him in the savage lands, the geyser location. Don't see why you couldn't talk to him in the pirate port.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I definitely talked to him in the savage lands, the geyser location. Don't see why you couldn't talk to him in the pirate port.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Because you agro the pirates,and i don't want to fight with the arrrr bastarrrds.

Parabalus

Arcane

Because you agro the pirates,and i don't want to fight with the arrrr bastarrrds.

If you didn't side with them they'll be hostile no matter what you do.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Not quite right. You can make them neutral if you negotiated and never get too close to their ports. But even in that case, there's no reason not to kill them all.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

That is what i asked mate,tho i did very well on the negotiation and the dude said that i could roam free in their waters,i assumed that it will open up the docks and i will get some side quests. Styg is there any way to dock in their docks without joining their faction?

Parabalus

Arcane

That is what i asked mate,tho i did very well on the negotiation and the dude said that i could roam free in their waters,i assumed that it will open up the docks and i will get some side quests. Styg is there any way to dock in their docks without joining their faction?

That's what I did, it's basically the same as before the negotiations, they'll aggro if you come to close. Had to cull them, in retrospect it makes the negotiation a waste, should just start the killing earlier.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
so how to find the ferryman? yahoota says hes gone north to savages? where coordinates is that? halp?
and how to get into the pirate bay base? ive become friends witgh htem when the professor got kidnapped.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is there ever any use for things like Doctor's Coat and/or Robe? They don't seem to have a purpose, but I'm not sure if the game will suddenly spring something on me where it could be used as a disguise or something.

A simple yes/no would be great, so I know if I should just ditch them.

epeli

Arcane
Speaking of sixes, that's how many years it took to get Styg to open registration on his wiki. Now it's been open for nearly six days with no sign of usual spambot invasions. Hope it's going to hold this time.

https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup
If you've found the wiki a worthwhile resource over the years, please consider registering and contributing what you can to help others. With this, I'm going to fade away from actively contributing to it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Has anyone else noticed the beautiful new fire effects in some barrels, but sadly not all of them display them. Styg why is that? Lack of time?

if you encounter somewhere the old firebarrels make a screenshot and post it in our underrail.com forum under bugs.

One quick question.

I play a Sniper character, while stealth-ed I shoot from the dark with the same displayed precision (70%, 80% and even 90%):
- Snipe always hits,
- Aimed Shot mostly misses,
- Default attack mostly misses.

It doesn't make sense unless there is a difference between how these feats/abilities are implemented.

It looks like Aimed Shot is not considered a special attack. Is this correct? Thank you.

Parabalus

Arcane
What info do you need for the natives graveyard?

Ferryman told me the bodypart, and is the symbol from Yngwar enough to identify the correct 'tomb'? That everything?

Anyone knows if you can find Stasis mentor during the regular content or in expansion content only?

I got it before expedition, unsure whether Oculus or University.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Started a new character so that I could be a shotgun hero and left for the Black Isles at level 15. Hoo boy there's some tough fuckers out there! Probably should have waited for leveling up, but I am nothing if not impatient.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Got my brother-in-law "into" Underrail yesterday, sent him a workable build in hopes he'll stick with the game. He's done very well in difficult/involved/inclined games before, like Kenshi and various grand strategy games.

He called into work this morning, using one of his PTO (protected time off) days. :lol:

He's currently running through GMS Compound with no Stealth, no Throwing, and a shotgun build.

He's still at it, and is trying to find the various keys, but I'm slightly worried. Say what you will, but GMS fluctuates wildly in difficulty depending on your build and gear, and is far easier on people who are familiar enough with the game to (for example) stick a basic shock generator onto a low-tier crafted melee weapon or buy one from Junkyard.

I've advised him that you need to either observe their patrols and avoid them, or else hit them with heavy weapons and/or EMP grenades. I suggested gathering up several EMP grenades, getting a + bullet damage threshold armor suit, clustering all the bots by the trap door, slamming the door in their faces to wait for Safe Mode to wear off, and liberally applying healing.

See, he initially wanted to use swords. A lot of new players will probably use them now that they exist. God help the game's reputation among normies.

epeli

Arcane
One quick question.

I play a Sniper character, while stealth-ed I shoot from the dark with the same displayed precision (70%, 80% and even 90%):
- Snipe always hits,
- Aimed Shot mostly misses,
- Default attack mostly misses.

It doesn't make sense unless there is a difference between how these feats/abilities are implemented.

It looks like Aimed Shot is not considered a special attack. Is this correct? Thank you.

The displayed percentage matches what the game engine uses for the actual CTH roll. You're seeing just a small sample of random numbers and they aren't artificially weighed in the player's favor, so it's possible to get lucky/unlucky streaks. That's just randomness, but we humans are programmed to see patterns in everything.

Aimed Shot is a special attack for all intents and purposes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom