Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

sullynathan

Arcane
Oh shit, new gameplay leak

3a0.gif

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
If the developers had an ounce of imagination/talent for ripping off art styles, they'd turn every instance of Illithid-related content into a nightmarish, surreal, H.R. Geiger-like experience, especially aesthetically. Don't go Lovecraftian, since this has been over-saturated to death. You need looks both disgusting, intriguing, and sophisticated at the same time.

And as phallic as possible? Hmm, don't know if america would let it through, if some of those pillars look too suggestive. But the idea is still intriguing.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I think only old America are prudes. Americans under 40 ish are big fans of cocks. (And asses, especially asses. Generation Ass).

Efe

Erudite
so is warriors of waterdeep...
id rather get a third person action game than wow

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anything above 1.25 would surprise me.

SCL was at least isometric.

Yes, you are right, i was extremely optimistic with 3. Larian obviously doesn't like DND so it's a safe bet that it won't be very true to the rulebooks. Heck they didn't even like their own DOS1 rules and made them worse in DOS 2. And comments complaining about everything, including missing, leveling and spell slots remembers me of Jay "Fuck that loser" Wilson mindset "d2 is one of the best games ever made, but lets remove everything good from d2 and add a lot of generic mmo BS" and now you have an completely boring game. The same will happen with BG3.

so is warriors of waterdeep...
id rather get a third person action game than wow

Seriously. Baldur's Gate Dark Aliance isn't good as the PC version of BG, but at least isn't an generic mmo.

Barbalos

Savant
I wonder if it might be similar in some ways to Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga. 3rd person action-RPG. That game is a bit underrated I feel, the item system is bad for sure but there is skill build choice, equipment choice, and also C&C in the quest design as I've failed several quests in my playthrough and am still able to continue. Some quests may also be solved in multiple ways. The infantile Larian humour is present but not as bad as in DOS2 in my opinion. However I have no idea how that game could be translated to or inspire any party based system though since Divinity 2 is a single protagonist.

I have little hope that Larian will retain anything of Turn Based or RTwP, this is going to be popamole as hell I'm pretty confident. They will butcher any DnD rules they can to fit their popamole system. I just hope it's not too bad.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Baldur's Gate panel at PAX West: https://west.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/the-tale-of-the-years-baldurs-gate-the-hells-beyond

The Tale of the Years: Baldur's Gate, The Hells, & Beyond
  • FRI 08/30 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
  • SANDWORM THEATRE
Lore in the various worlds of Dungeons & Dragons has been built for over 40 years, & there is a vast well of events to draw inspiration from! This panel features prominent lore buffs who have been following the ins & outs of the realms of Dungeons & Dragons for decades. We will be discussing interesting lore pertaining to Baulder’s Gate, The Hells, & more! We’re here to help you better understand & execute Wizards of the Coast’s next upcoming adventure: Baulder’s Gate - Descent Into Avernus!

PANELISTS
Kikka Delarose [Streaming Talent, Independent], James Haeck [Lead Writer, D&D Beyond], Jim Davis [Host, WebDM], OboeCrazy [Community Manager, D&D Beyond], Margaret Krohn [Community Marketing Lead, CMO, Intrepid Studios & Roll4It], Grant Ellis [Designer, Streaming talent, 2c Gaming,Monte Cook Games Twitch Programming]

(facepalm at "Baulder's")

Voids

Augur
I wonder if it might be similar in some ways to Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga. 3rd person action-RPG. That game is a bit underrated I feel, the item system is bad for sure but there is skill build choice, equipment choice, and also C&C in the quest design as I've failed several quests in my playthrough and am still able to continue. Some quests may also be solved in multiple ways. The infantile Larian humour is present but not as bad as in DOS2 in my opinion. However I have no idea how that game could be translated to or inspire any party based system though since Divinity 2 is a single protagonist.

I have little hope that Larian will retain anything of Turn Based or RTwP, this is going to be popamole as hell I'm pretty confident. They will butcher any DnD rules they can to fit their popamole system. I just hope it's not too bad.

Oof, you're bumming me out. I really worry about the horrible Larian style humor as well, and worry that they'll make the gameplay as casual as possible. I also worry that they'll focus too much on the multiplayer experience to the detriment of the single.

I'll still preorder it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well even if this game sucks I will not be too sad since next Pathfinder game will come by the end of 2021, probably sooner since they already got a polished engine and all they are doing is adding content for the new campaign.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Well even if this game sucks I will not be too sad since next Pathfinder game will come by the end of 2021, probably sooner since they already got a polished engine and all they are doing is adding content for the new campaign.
"polished engine"

the game still has the natural armor stacking bonus from launch. it comes back every few patches lol

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

And Solasta, Realms Beyond and tons of other games.

I was neutral about BG3. Now i an negative. Mainly after "missing not work"... i miss a lot on pathfinder kingmaker. An summoned army surrounded an enemy who was under the effect of icy prison spell, despite my high level party(16~20), i was missing around 85% of the hits. Note that i was targeting an Witch, not an Demigod Death Knight with +5 plate armor and all types of ungodly buffs to his AC. Here is more screenshots of the encounter https://imgur.com/a/B4oBrm4

NxqHoIV.jpg

I searched on BG2 steam negative reviews with CTRL F and found ZERO people complaining about missing. On GOG too. Is my "CTRL + F" broken??????

ArchAngel

Arcane

And Solasta, Realms Beyond and tons of other games.

I was neutral about BG3. Now i an negative. Mainly after "missing not work"... i miss a lot on pathfinder kingmaker. An summoned army surrounded an enemy who was under the effect of icy prison spell, despite my high level party(16~20), i was missing around 85% of the hits. Note that i was targeting an Witch, not an Demigod Death Knight with +5 plate armor and all types of ungodly buffs to his AC. Here is more screenshots of the encounter https://imgur.com/a/B4oBrm4

NxqHoIV.jpg

I searched on BG2 steam negative reviews with CTRL F and found ZERO people complaining about missing. On GOG too. Is my "CTRL + F" broken??????
That is a epic level divine caster, older than a few hundred years. Of course she has magical defenses better than armor +5 and that simple shit. Your summons should be missing that kind of enemy like crazy. Summons don't have that great attack bonus and your buffs are not applied on them.

Cael

Arcane
"polished engine"

the game still has the natural armor stacking bonus from launch. it comes back every few patches lol
I think the stacking DR one is better. Lol!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom