Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
B
The fuck is a naquadah anyway

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B
Space uranium. It’s what the stargate is made out of and is used to power most goa’uld technology. But hey, we have a mine now, so hopefully we can get more of it.

Voting for B

I agree with Lambchop's opinions. We need those people back, pronto. We are down a team and we need to be exploring more worlds.

Also lol at Makepeace ruling Crom in our stead like a brooding but just barbarian overlord overseeing gladiator fights.

Seems like its time for us to thrown some help Rush's way. I don't like him, but he clearly doesn't care

If Clemens fucks up in Land of Light, we should really find an excuse to use him as an scapegoat and execute him. Maybourne is a problem, but he's more of an asset right now.

Also, I am not sure that exploding the Ori sattelite is a good idea right now. We have no idea what is being transmitted, to whom, where and how.

B

Space Super Uranium. The ultimate handy-dandy atomic fuel. Its what almost everyone in Stargate uses to power stuff, especially the Goa'uld. Its also ultra-dense and Stargates are made of the stuff.

Too bad there ins't a drop of it in the solar system.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
What is the status of Earth? How radioactive is it and how long can people survive there? If there is a nuclear winter coming and we can expect people dying and scavenging resources becoming impossible, then we should get a sarcophagus and start relocating off-world. If not, Earth is the best treasure trove and we should get rid of the Ori asap.

What is the status of Earth? How radioactive is it and how long can people survive there? If there is a nuclear winter coming and we can expect people dying and scavenging resources becoming impossible, then we should get a sarcophagus and start relocating off-world. If not, Earth is the best treasure trove and we should get rid of the Ori asap.

I dunno, here's how the nuking was described:

"Sir, the black and white map displays all cities with more than 100,000 population." Tech Sergeant Leonard tapped the projection. "The Goa'uld, it appears, brought enough bombs to level any settlement with more than 300,000 inhabitants. Big bombs. Think Tsar Bomba. But they didn't have access to demographic data. Instead, they must have looked at signal output, light pollution and orbital imagery. This will have left the American west relatively untouched. The total population of Wyoming is (or was) half a million. As far as we've heard, not a single blast site in the whole state. In Kansas, Fort Riley wasn't hit. Major General Kojak ordered his men to shelter in place. Wanted the radiation to die down. It lasts an unholy long time but even waiting a few months cuts down on the dosage considerably. Most of the starvation has taken place due to disruption of supply lines. The bombs hit at the end of the harvest and General Kojak has been struggling to set up a supply infrastructure radiating from the midwest farms. It'll work for now but there won't be a harvest next year."

Whole thing was pretty much the Goa'uld dumping Tsar Bombas in the big cities. Dunno if that makes nuclear winter more likely, or less likely.

'sides, wans't the whole Nuclear Winter data pretty much falsified by Stephen Hawking & co to deliberately stop nuclear war and help the pacifist cause? The consensus today, at least I hear, is less "Nuclear Winter" and more "Nuclear Autumn".

Hellraiser

Arcane
System lord diplomacy makes as much sense as rat diplomacy, the xenos are treasonous cunts even against each other.

A1) Fraser will cure it, we will lose some people, but we should carefully plot our revenge.

Seems like nanites anyway, should just blast it with some EMP. Maybe Zat-guns would work?

A3

We're dying, might as well fuck Khefri up.

Besides, I don't think even the Goa'uld are stupid to the point of having biological weapons without having a handy-dandy antidote. Then again, the Snakes and their Jaffa also have Turbo-Charged immune systems and might not even feel it.

I know the Army dudes are not experienced in fighting Jaffa yet, but they will have to learn now, and quick. 'sides, Jaffa are some of the biggest cannon fodder that even cannon fodded, they're peak human/low-level supers but their weapons are horribly subpar and they're trained to fight in a way closer to primitive peoples, not modern ones. 'sides, I suspect that the Army folks will quickly improvise new ways to use their gear. I for one can't wait until we're all sporting high-caliber rifles.

Also, I really want to use that Howitzer. The Jaffa AFAIK have no answer to artillery.

I also really, really want that Sarcophagus. I know, I know, they make you crazy... eventually. These guys use it for thousands of years, over and over and over. But think of the possibilities. As long as our people don't suffer Chunky Salsa Syndrome or get their brains destroyed, we can put them back together.

Usury are you going with the movie and keeping the Goa'uld as purely Egyptian deities? I remember the guy who did the movie, when asked about the series, said he would't have put other deities from other pantheons (say, the Olympians) as part of the Goa'ulds, and instead would have made them their own things.

A zat or chemo might cure it, yeah. Usury, chemo drugs should stop the cells from reproducing like crazy or at least slow them down, but it's probably only a good idea to use it en mass with A1. Not on the military personnel who will assault in A3 because it's hard on the body. We need the sarcophagus though.

To be honest, I really doubt A1 will work. At best, we might lose a lot of people before having to go to the prior. This is obviously an advanced disease.

A3 - total war. Hopefully we can take the sarcophagus and kill this guld before he does whatever he was going to do with the naquadah. Maybe we'll take him by surprise, since as Janet said, he probably didn't think we'd catch it so quickly. We could the use the sarcophagus to bring back many of our casualties.
Congratulations Lambchop19
Let's give the space uranium to the literal parasitic snakes
the objective was the sarcophagus and we needed to get sg5 back.

this always would have happened had we gotten sg5 back. it was this or leave them to die based on paranoia. I didn't see anyone suggesting that before.

I advocated every precaution possible be taken. it just wasn't enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Oh lovely, I see everyone's hellbent on DEVOUR SOUL -,-
We must own our choices, we traded with the beggar to get our hands on the sarcophagus, considering that any choice is a potential game over let’s just go with the only consistent one, besides is possible that the beggar is in dire straits at the moment hence the begging, if we will ever have a chance at striking him it’s this one.

Oh lovely, I see everyone's hellbent on DEVOUR SOUL -,-
While I understand that A1 seems like a conservative option, this is not the actual Stargate universe where doc Fraiser resolves things in the nick of time.

This is a guld weapon of mass destruction intended to either wipe out the base or all life on earth. I really don’t think we’re going to be able to fix it with 21st century medicine. Not before it kills us.

There is no have your cake and eat it too in this world. If you’re going to make an omelet, you need to break some eggs and sadly those eggs are human lives. If all goes well, we should have a sarcophagus to restore them though.

Nahel

Arcane
A3 seems increibly dangerous. A1 is like a random dice roll. The preacher could have its uses, we could negotiate some neutrality in exchange. But codex is going to war, with no information on an ennemy which might expect us and has shown to be clever. What could go wrong?

A2

we could negotiate some neutrality in exchange.
from all of our previous interactions, neutrality seems to be the last thing on the Ori's minds. They seem intent on subjugating us and executing us if we don't convert.

I agree that out of all of the options, it is the "safest" bet though. We know that they can cure us. But at an insanely high cost.

But codex is going to war, with no information on an ennemy which might expect us and has shown to be clever.
We don't have no information, we just don't have much.

He is/was weak enough to beg humans for naquadah.

Though now that we given him it, that may have changed things...or he might not have enough time to use it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom