Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ArchAngel

Arcane
quite the game-changing 6 next level).

If you’re trying to cantrip people to death I can see where you’d be needing a change. My game’s already smooth as a baby’s bottom.

One thing I forgot before: Octavia is the only companion who can consistently have Hurricane Bow up. It’s even in her specialty school. It’s pretty stupid with Devourer. Makes Manyshot almost worth it.
All you did is prove you made a bad archer. I made two custom archers for one of my campaign runs (fighter and ranger) and both outshine yours. You got a bad archer and a bad caster. As for Hurricane bow, any ranger archer can use that.
And one was a freebooter ranger so provided a high level buff to himself and the party.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
One can always lower the games difficulty...
We told him to do this yesterday in the shitbox and he ignored us insisting it's the game's fault that he made a terrible party.

The game would be hard for you too if glitterdust were your only spell. And you couldn’t figure out how to turn on her songs or summon some dorks to distract a big dumb bear.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

If you’re trying to cantrip people to death I can see where you’d be needing a change. My game’s already smooth as a baby’s bottom.

One thing I forgot before: Octavia is the only companion who can consistently have Hurricane Bow up. It’s even in her specialty school. It’s pretty stupid with Devourer. Makes Manyshot almost worth it.
All you did is prove you made a bad archer. I made two custom archers for one of my campaign runs (fighter and ranger) and both outshine yours. You got a bad archer and a bad caster. As for Hurricane bow, any ranger archer can use that.
And one was a freebooter ranger so provided a high level buff to himself and the party.

The example above is unbuffed. I run with extended Good Hope (after first cast from helm) and Archon’s Aura on at all times, whether Octavia is there or not. This was a random shot - she got help from Bane but not Bond or shaken/shatter, which she usually does.

I have a freebooter archer main for my chaotic play through. There’s an actual conflict between applying bane and wanting full attacks on bow. Works better with an oversized charger/cleaver/vital striker who relies on standard actions.

As for Hurricane I’d completely forgotten Ekun can cast it because I make him into a Community Domain Sacred Huntmaster to give Okubo outflank so the duration is pretty short.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, the stank of the Stankmaker is baaaaack! Just when I was thinking that the game picks up after a shitty start (provided you pick the right starting class), I run into the shiiiite known as the Bloom questline. Or the last part of it anyway, in the Cave of Lamashtu. First, I had to deal with what's probably the stupidest puzzle I've ever seen in an RPG, solve the riddle of the old gnome. Well, by randomly trying shit, I figured out that the lamp he gives you lets you move through the clouds, which were teleporting you back, and then managed to get the bird bones and toss them into the lake, and get the poison water. This was bad enough, as it had the elegance of a pile of turds, but the last part of it, realizing that you have to turn the lamp OFF to get through the last cloud to the flower, well that is just priceless. I know Gregz has accused Owlcat of being sadists in the past, and after this piece of art, I am starting to think this accusation has some merit. I cannot imagine anyone being so stupid as to make that puzzle out of sheer incompetence.

Anyway, I obviously googled the last part, saving myself some time, but then I ran into the next exquisite part of the Shitbloom. The creature known as Greater owlbear-like treant. This turd hard-counters my entire party, which is built around melee damage and supporting magic/bard utility. My main is a 2-handed fighter with massive damage, and the frontline also includes the tank (Valerie) and Harrim (healer). The problem is, this treant turd is almost unhittable in melee (must have some retardedly high AC), so it takes time to take his massive healthpool down, in the meantime he 3 shots the main tank, and 2 shots everyone else. His hits also stun.

Nothing normal seems to work on him, as he has insane resists, and just outright cheats. For example, on one try, I had Linzi cast 4 glittering dusts on him, until the blindness actually kicked in, and also cast 50% miss change on main tank. He hit the main tank anyway (through blindness and 50% miss chance), and 2-3 shot her.

From his slow movement rate, and what the old gnome tells you, it seems the intended way to do this fight is to kite him, and do fire damage to his ugly arse. The problem is, he also has insane regen rate (like a troll). So even if I have Jubilost pepper him with firebombs, and others use scrolls/flasks of fire, they barely dent him and he regains it all right back with regen, since as I said, my party is melee oriented, so the mages/alchemists are just there for support/quests, not really specced for fire damage.

Any ideas? My best one right now is to ditch this shitfest and play a better game.
You can always play Heartstone if this game is too hard for you.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I have a freebooter archer main for my chaotic play through. There’s an actual conflict between applying bane and wanting full attacks on bow. Works better with an oversized charger/cleaver/vital striker who relies on standard actions.
You only apply it vs tougher targets, unlike your Octavia a real archer does not rely on half his party to buff him , he destroys stuff himself just with long lasting buffs.
And the fighter archer has such attack later that I could have permanent ranged power attack on and not feel like I am missing stuff.
The biggest bane of archers is miss chance of enemies and only solution is alchemist that casts tremor sense on them.

Desiderius

Patron

You only apply it vs tougher targets, unlike your Octavia a real archer does not rely on half his party to buff him , he destroys stuff himself just with long lasting buffs.
And the fighter archer has such attack later that I could have permanent ranged power attack on and not feel like I am missing stuff.
The biggest bane of archers is miss chance of enemies and only solution is alchemist that casts tremor sense on them.

Improved Precise (Ekun can get it at 6 with ranger feat) removes it for Blurred dudes. Also Faerie fire and Glitterdust.

Bane is good enough to use all the time. It is so good with iterative attacks from everyone. To hit plus damage. My Harrim freebooter is dual-wielding so will have six attacks next level (12).

I know conventional wisdom is that Octavia needs the help to hit but she really doesn’t now. The tools are there.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Did they just change encounters or does difficulty affect them now? 5 nixie pranksters with mirror image, concealment and confusion + 2-3 swamp things + 40 AC syperhydra is not how I remember western swamp with a sickle.

naturally when owlcatman gets something they begin using it furiously so there are these pranksters everywhere. good news is that Unbreakable Heart now works. bad news it lasts less than their Confusion so my party likes to give each other a friendly hit in the head once in a while.

also for people who don't like spell pen and don't take spell pen feats x2, all dis shit has SR of 20 to 30+ and that's Chapter 2-3.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did they just change encounters or does difficulty affect them now? 5 nixie pranksters with mirror image, concealment and confusion + 2-3 swamp things + 40 AC syperhydra is not how I remember western swamp with a sickle.

Just did that encounter and I too don't remember it. Thank Jubilost for bombs and Nok Nok for knock knocks :D
Got nice boost of XP there, both from that hydra and 360 xp traps.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hmm wonder if on lower difficulties encounters change. If not, guess it's fun with nixies for everyone.

Andhaira

Arcane
So anyone playing Beneath the Stolen Lands like a roguelike; generate a fresh party and lead them underground?

How far have you gotten, and is it possible to get to an end if you don't get a TPK? If so, what was your ending level and how many hours did it take?

Desiderius

Patron
Hmm wonder if on lower difficulties encounters change. If not, guess it's fun with nixies for everyone.

Slowly improving Paladin by making their abilities relevant. Defender of the True World gets even better.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Paladin is so-so, saves are good I guess, but that's about it since Fey are chaotic. My Mad Dog/Defender Harrim however does kill fey pretty well. High Will and +2+2+2+2+2 bonuses actually make him more accurate than Regongar now.
I like Slowing Mud too. Fortitude Slow + daze? it's ok.

Desiderius

Patron
Paladin is so-so, saves are good I guess, but that's about it since Fey are chaotic. My Mad Dog/Defender Harrim however does kill fey pretty well. High Will and +2+2+2+2+2 bonuses actually make him more accurate than Regongar now.

Does the anti-charm aura even work against confused? The anti-compulsion one at lvl 17(!)?

Defender is so strong vs fae. Amiri in smilodon form pouncing Wild Hunt dudes is hilarious.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

naturally when owlcatman gets something they begin using it furiously so there are these pranksters everywhere. good news is that Unbreakable Heart now works. bad news it lasts less than their Confusion so my party likes to give each other a friendly hit in the head once in a while.

also for people who don't like spell pen and don't take spell pen feats x2, all dis shit has SR of 20 to 30+ and that's Chapter 2-3.

That encounter was a shock. But fun.

purpleblob

Savant
So anyone playing Beneath the Stolen Lands like a roguelike; generate a fresh party and lead them underground?

How far have you gotten, and is it possible to get to an end if you don't get a TPK? If so, what was your ending level and how many hours did it take?

What's TPK?

I played Beneath the Stolen Lands in standalone mode - finished it eith level 20 party, unsure about the total hours since it took 18 runs to collect all items to unlock the portal to the final boss. I think good 30+hours.

Desiderius

Patron

Pretty sure I only started to get the ooze in intro and mimics in Troll dungeon after I stepped up to hard. Could just be EE tho. Got bum rushed by ten large water elementals with freezing attacks while running over to Gudrun at lvl 6 just after Stag Lord last week. They’ve definitely stepped up some of the random encounters.

Desiderius

Patron

Between slow and slowing mud you’ve got two of the three saves covered. Staggered is a PITA and they’re both enemies only.

Desiderius

Patron

Between slow and slowing mud you’ve got two of the three saves covered. Staggered is a PITA and they’re both enemies only.
In TB, Frigid Touch is one of the most powerful spells. Staggered no save = enemy kills 1 mirror image per turn.

If Porky could figure out how to cast Haze of Dreams all his suffering would be over. His crappy tanks would last three times as long.

skaraher

Cipher
Pretty sure I only started to get the ooze in intro and mimics in Troll dungeon after I stepped up to hard. Could just be EE tho. Got bum rushed by ten large water elementals with freezing attacks while running over to Gudrun at lvl 6 just after Stag Lord last week. They’ve definitely stepped up some of the random encounters.

That's from updates, you get these Varnhold's Lot monsters at several points of the main game, regardless of the difficulty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom