Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demon's Souls completely playable on PC right now.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Just google Demon's Souls iso and it'll pop up. The link looks like one of those terrible fake sites, but it actually does work and they have links for GDrive and Mega so the actual download hosts are great. IIRC that's where I got mine a few months back. There are a few other PS3 games which don't show up on PSN (Sengoku Basara 3, Nier Replicant in English) that do show up on that site so it's a decent resource.
Yeah, this is how I did. It's a pretty slow way of downloading cus it's all 3rd tier sites with download speeds of 1 mb/s, but it works.

My final opinion on demon's souls is that it's only really cool for the 'historical' value of being a prototype for dark souls, as it's basically inferior to it in every respect.

Outmind

Augur
Umm, is there a way to rebind the controls in this gamr? Specifically, I always rebind targeting from the right stick to triangle. It's putting a serious damper on my experience, and there doesn't seem to be an option in the game options. If DS doesn't support it, can i remap the controls in RPCS3 for just that game?

Grimlorn

Arcane
Umm, is there a way to rebind the controls in this gamr? Specifically, I always rebind targeting from the right stick to triangle. It's putting a serious damper on my experience, and there doesn't seem to be an option in the game options. If DS doesn't support it, can i remap the controls in RPCS3 for just that game?
usually there is an option for input or controls on emulators, so you could do that. Not sure on this specific emulator. You just have to go through all the options to find it. Maybe google input, controls for that emulator.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
First I was elated, I was actually planning to buy PS4 and PS3 this year, basically for DS and Bloodborne.
Just wanted to say that if PS3s are dirt-cheap these days, then buying one just for DS (and, if you're desperate to justify the purchase, maybe Red Dead Redemption) seems to me to be a quite sensible option :)

I bought mine for $40 a couple of years ago off eBay. Probably trending even cheaper right now. I'd consider using RPCS3 only with games that are perfectly emulated just so I can get nice upscaling in the resolution. Anyone know how well The Last of Us is emulated? I own the PS3 disc but, really, 720p is so ugly when you've been so used to 1080p all these years.

rbenchley

Educated
Patron
Anyone know how well The Last of Us is emulated? I own the PS3 disc but, really, 720p is so ugly when you've been so used to 1080p all these years.

Still has a way to go, the last I saw. It makes it in-game, but the framerate is around 10-15 FPS and not everything is emulated correctly.

You say it's perfectly playable, and I agree with you, but how to deal with the shader caches issue? I don't want my first run of the game to be fully of graphical glitches and stutters while the shader cache builds. I know there's a way to share pre-built caches with WiiU emulator, but what about this? Is there a solution to this problem?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You say it's perfectly playable, and I agree with you, but how to deal with the shader caches issue? I don't want my first run of the game to be fully of graphical glitches and stutters while the shader cache builds. I know there's a way to share pre-built caches with WiiU emulator, but what about this? Is there a solution to this problem?
It wasn't a problem for me with the correct settings (talking barely noticeable framedrops first time loading into an area).

It wasn't a problem for me with the correct settings (talking barely noticeable framedrops first time loading into an area).
Wow that is some huge new to me. Can you share your settings please?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

Iirc the internet and I disagreed on correct number of SPU threads, so you might try tweaking that manually.

The glitches I experience are sometimes texture popin is slow(ie, ~1s), and occasionally on map load the game crashes or audio goes bad.

Iirc the internet and I disagreed on correct number of SPU threads, so you might try tweaking that manually.

The glitches I experience are sometimes texture popin is slow(ie, ~1s), and occasionally on map load the game crashes or audio goes bad.
Okay thanks. I'll give these and report.

Well using these settings I actually get much worse performance on my end, but it does resolve the shader caching issue. I think the biggest element is the SPU decoder. If I use LLVM (which you only have the experimental version because you are using an outdated RPCS3 build) i get much smoother framerate overall. Really the difference is huge at 60fps, but i get frequent freezes due to shader compilation. Using ASMJIT i don't have the issue with shader cache but my performance is much worse.

Another, and perhaps more serious issue i have is save corruption. I can never just quit to title screen. The game freezes when i do that, and i think that's what's causing the corruption.

BTW U should say that @30fps this game runs near-perfect. How did you get to run it at 1080 though? I don't seem to have that option.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Well using these settings I actually get much worse performance on my end, but it does resolve the shader caching issue. I think the biggest element is the SPU decoder. If I use LLVM (which you only have the experimental version because you are using an outdated RPCS3 build) i get much smoother framerate overall. Really the difference is huge at 60fps, but i get frequent freezes due to shader compilation. Using ASMJIT i don't have the issue with shader cache but my performance is much worse.

Another, and perhaps more serious issue i have is save corruption. I can never just quit to title screen. The game freezes when i do that, and i think that's what's causing the corruption.
Interesting.

I should say I expect the game to have logic tied to the framerate, so running at 60fps will probably cause issues.

How did you get to run it at 1080 though? I don't seem to have that option.
:shrug:

I should say I expect the game to have logic tied to the framerate, so running at 60fps will probably cause issues.
There's patch for it that fixes that issue, though performance is not as good as 30fps despite what youtube claims.

Perkel

Arcane
Just tried it with latest version of RPCS3 with Vulcan.

I now don't get any slowdown in boletaria before phalanx neither on stairs.
Framepacing has some issues but overall... amazing and again nice boost in performance.

i5-3570K@4,5Ghz + GTX980.

Now i need to do 60fps patch and see if it will give me stutters or slowdowns

edit: smashing barrels as usual tanks framerate (but this was also the case for PS3)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm playing with the 60 fps patch and the Vulcan renderer and it plays pretty much perfectly at 2560x1440.

I've had save corruption once when the emulator crashed, so I make a backup of the save data before every session now. Though I've only actually had one crash in the 8 hours or so I've played.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom