Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Urtuk: The Desolation - open-world dark fantasy turn-based RPG

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The traits are visible in the tooltip window when ? is hovered over - I think the player should investigate enemies before he engages them..

I'll check the rewards in "Under the siege" - it depends on how many survived -> when all survive then you get a high-tier leg.item and +3 medicine and lots of trilium + alcohol. But when no one survives, you get only trilium, alcohol and 1 medicine...

I do investigate them, then i play and forget half of the time, the other half, an assist strike gets the kill and of course, this one doesn't have aegis on ...

My bad then, the Bloodknight died close to the end, overconfidence, probably, diverting too many troops to support the young Warmonk on the other side of the map, or was it yet another devil's pact ? I'm not sure.

Also, Bug ?

Forgot about this one, the regen focus ability can't be cast on friendly units.

Last edited:

MadSheepStudios

Mad Sheep Studios
Developer
You can extract devil's pact and use it on your own - if you have Vampire or Werebeast in your party - you can use them for this, when they fall in battle.. they will heal their injury after few days.
Thanks for the bug - fixed. I've also added for this foc.ability the 'bleeding & poison cure'. Because normally only priest can heal those effects at lvl12 (I think) and then via a special trait (Natural resistance).

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Extracted one alright but i'm not going to use it, it's not like i have units to spare to make them random suicide bombers.

As for the priest cure bleed and poison, mine never got it.
As a matter of fact, the javelinman, the priest and the guardian never got any unlocked skill (like the crossbow, the assassin and the bloodknight) and i don't think the spearman and the berserker got any either.
They're all lvl19+ by now, 30+ for the two ranged and the Bloodknight.

Edit : my bad, there is a "heal" skill for the priest, a bit inconvenient because you have to use it on contact and it ends his turn but it's there, is it his special skill ?

Last edited:

MadSheepStudios

Mad Sheep Studios
Developer
Guardian has unlockable skill - 'Stalwart' at lvl9, and javelinman has the 'Pierce that Armour!' at lvl11 but this one is achievement trait so you have to progress it until learned.
And yes that Priest's skill is his special one. You never used it on low HP allies? Or to cure bleeding/poison? Just to make sure it's viable/usable skill.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I used it, felt weird at first because it's the only cc priest skill so it felt like it wasn't always available.

Got the guardian one as well, might not be labeled as unlocked skill though and i don't think i unlocked the javelin one, maybe because he has an armor piercer mutator.

hilfazer

Scholar
I think the Berserker should have a fatigue-free second strike, if there has to be a counterpart, maybe a 5% current or Full HP loss per additional strike ?
The fatigue system really drags him down.

The Assassin should have an evasion passive instead of the death trap, the death trap is nice but his purpose is to backstab and if he backstabs, he's mostly fucked ...

Interesting idea with Berserker - what about on-max focus (when he also gains the double-strike) he gains +50% fatigue, but looses 15% HP? In that case he would be able to deliver that second attack.

This will be only hurting the Berzerker once he's got enough fatigue to deliver another attack. Probably good early game but not at higher levels. Maybe make it reduce HP only when he doesn't have enough fatigue to attack?

MadSheepStudios

Mad Sheep Studios
Developer
I think the Berserker should have a fatigue-free second strike, if there has to be a counterpart, maybe a 5% current or Full HP loss per additional strike ?
The fatigue system really drags him down.

The Assassin should have an evasion passive instead of the death trap, the death trap is nice but his purpose is to backstab and if he backstabs, he's mostly fucked ...

Interesting idea with Berserker - what about on-max focus (when he also gains the double-strike) he gains +50% fatigue, but looses 15% HP? In that case he would be able to deliver that second attack.

This will be only hurting the Berzerker once he's got enough fatigue to deliver another attack. Probably good early game but not at higher levels. Maybe make it reduce HP only when he doesn't have enough fatigue to attack?

this is good :) Ok I'll do this - reduces current HP only when not enough fatigue left.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
With all the regen and lifesteal buffs, i don't think it's an issue, my bloodknight can lose 1.2k hp during "the enemy turn" and get it back when it's his turn to play, sometimes even before attacking and obviously very quickly when he has mansplitter ready or when in counterstrike mode with the guardian shielding him ...

Still, why not ?

MadSheepStudios

Mad Sheep Studios
Developer
With all the regen and lifesteal buffs, i don't think it's an issue, my bloodknight can lose 1.2k hp during "the enemy turn" and get it back when it's his turn to play, sometimes even before attacking and obviously very quickly when he has mansplitter ready or when in counterstrike mode with the guardian shielding him ...

Still, why not ?

Yes the game really depends on the life gain (regen, lifesteal, revitalizer, so many...) . That's why we don't have health potions. But, today and yesterday I have nerfed a bit the regen of HP of some traits (like Feast, Damage Recovery, Cannibalism).
It was completely ok to regain 90% HP within single turn, but now, after nerfing, you can't.

MadSheepStudios

Mad Sheep Studios
Developer
Don't worry you still have many means to regain health :)
Assassin - I updated him quite hard - he now after backstabbing gains 4 extra moves + another strike (if he kills). I've also added new trait 'Light Weapon' - which makes his fatigue less of an issue.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
You should change the priest innate feat to "feast II" (which would be the old feast) because the priest needs this to survive, he's already squishy enough as it is, or change his skills to require a certain amount of health instead of a %, or cap them, like aegis requiring 40% HP or 500 HP, whichever is the lowest.

MadSheepStudios

Mad Sheep Studios
Developer
I am thinking about the issue of the "overhealing" which just means you heal very fast within few turns. For example if an enemy has cannibalism (40% hp regen when ally dies) and you slay his allies fast, he will regen so intense that you will have problems take him down.. So maybe I will add a new effect of "overhealed" which would cut his heal in half when present. The duration would be 2 turns.. What you think?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I never thought overhealing was a problem, you want to take an enemy down, you just focus on him, besides, as there is far more of them than there is of you, you rely on overhealing so the alternative would be to bunker down with the javelin and crossbow (building a fort and trapping around) with only one spot to hit your cc damage dealer, it's going to be far less fun if you reduce the options.

And finally, the priest rely on overhealing ...

Darth Canoli

Arcane
By the way, the save the merchant and alike mission in the third area get worse, if you want to save any, you have to run like hell and then you're exposed ...

Couldn't they have VIT based builds and move toward you ? (or the team could just spawn closer/next to them in these missions)

Also, didn't get any Kawla in pursuit in the swamps (around day 100 ...), could it be a bug ? Left the first area 2/3 days after the Kawla spawned.

Last edited:

MadSheepStudios

Mad Sheep Studios
Developer
with the merchant alike missions I fixed that already you spawn much closer to the group.

overhealing concept - the priest would have another trait which would just remove this alltogether so dont worry.
but for the enemies mainly the elite beasts - they do heal a lot and for me it is a bit of annoyance to take them down..

Reinhardt

Arcane
Middle. It was mission to rescue hunter guy from 3 monsters. Maybe i should have taken word "sneak" before i started mission more seriously. But it was in the mountains and two of them camped the only way to the exit(yellow zone is the exit, right?) And third one was sitiing right in the middle of evac zone. I could fight with only one guy against two of them and when i moved him one hex in monster zone of control to make space for second fighter he ended too close for last enemy to notice me.

And it was 3 at the morning...

Don't get me wrong - i'm fine with it.

Last edited:

MadSheepStudios

Mad Sheep Studios
Developer
Middle. It was mission to rescue hunter guy from 3 monsters. Maybe i should have taken word "sneak" before i started mission more seriously. But it was in the mountains and two of them camped the only way to the exit(yellow zone is the exit, right?) And third one was sitiing right in the middle of evac zone. I could fight with only one guy against two of them and when i moved him one hex in monster zone of control to make space for second fighter he ended too close for last enemy to notice me.

And it was 3 at the morning...

Don't get me wrong - i'm fine with it.

Ah ok :) .. in that mission the beasts 'wake up' when you get near to them (4hexes). But fair point - I'll try to balance the diff. out. Mainly in the beginning of the game for the first battles. I've already added some 'introduction/easy' missions but probably it's not enough.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Nah, it's ok. I'm playing another group right now and everything is fine.
It's just first time i selected closest and first available mission and it just happened. Only needed to travel a bit.
It was late and i just wanted to try combat.

Now i killed some scavengers and slavers, gained 1-2 levels for my guys and rescued bloodknight, so now i have party of 4.

Actually warmonk group feels like classic Battle Brothers start. Maybe make them first in campaign selection? I don't know about other people but for me they were easier to adapt.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Wait, wut? Quick save doesn't count after you closed game? Guess i failed another campaign.

Well, then i'll try hunter group.

MadSheepStudios

Mad Sheep Studios
Developer
Wait, wut? Quick save doesn't count after you closed game? Guess i failed another campaign.

Well, then i'll try hunter group.

sorry, no, quicksave has to be clicked to save game.
But, first, use normal save, and then quicksave/quickload. Because those quick-* are linked to normal save.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom