Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Tigranes

Arcane
All cave hopper stakes are for Michael, it has ever been so

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What's even the point of lighter and coal?
"The fire is roaring" and that was it.

As far as I'm concerned, the primary use is to illuminate my large jet ski collection parked at the small island just south of the Aegis encampment.

Anyway, basic cooking clearly ought to be added to the game. The ingredients for several cooked food items already exist, such as hopper meat, eels, pentapus, and so on. The obvious solution is to make the ingredients right-clickable and interactable with lit campfires.

Not all food needs to be craftable, but some should be. It's absurd to have useless raw meat and useless campfires contrasted with the cooked version of that exact type of raw meat.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
oh yeah, playing it again made me disappointed all over again for oculus storyline. all that work, excuting task perfectly, using your brain and be accepted into a mysterious organization using ultra advanced alien technology and all you get are . . .
a single quest. with no proper resolution even when you do it properly. then it just end. i don't know why. the oculus is an awesome place

just

Liturgist
oh yeah, playing it again made me disappointed all over again for oculus storyline. all that work, excuting task perfectly, using your brain and be accepted into a mysterious organization using ultra advanced alien technology and all you get are . . .
a single quest. with no proper resolution even when you do it properly. then it just end. i don't know why. the oculus is an awesome place
yeah really dissapointing. id rather do fetch quests for oculus than deal with fucking savages and pirates.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Fuck i have a Complaint, i forgot about how aggravating this is.

3a65badcaf.png

Why is this debuff for 2 fucking minutes????? Its like 24 turns and every single psi hits you with it, it just ends up me fucking around waiting for the debuff to leave after a fight, it is way too long.

Also, finally decided to make a proper melee build but then i saw Versatility and
b2de8897d0.png

It lets you max dex and use Sub machine guns for robots, I will say Vile weaponry is pretty fun, if i eat an eel sandwich then 5AP per punch so 10 punches per round, so trigger glove twice 30% chance to bleed will trigger at least 3 times, so plus 30% damage and 75% debuff to heal, when i get around to taking taste for blood it will be better.

Melee might have been debuffed but its still filled with some fun stuff, also Kevlar balaclava and tabi boots bring 12 Threshold to bullets ignoring body armour, so it does not feel terrible, of course hammer guys will murder you but then hammer guys murder everyone but mid to end game Metal armour.

Here is a side note i forgot apparently Ancient Rathounds are actually demi gods pretending to be an animal, immune to stun, immune to fear, immune to incapacitate, i feel like Styg designed them because he hates dodge builds with a passion, i did the old standby of running away and slamming a door in its face, demi god in a rathound body or no it does not have opposable thumbs, on hard Rathound king has 2 of them i shudder to think about trying a dodge build on Dominating, the buff to enemy hit chance by boosting their weapons skills might actually drive players to gambling at least they would have better odds on the pokies.

ciox

Liturgist
I'd say Underrail visuals are rather classy in their relative simplicity. They work especially well on high resolutions.
For sure.

Now there are some niggles here and there, parts of the game roughly around Lower Underrail look a little more dated than others, especially compared to the last areas added to the game like the Institute, and some areas lack distinctive signage and landmarks whether it's because they were kitbashed out of existing assets or there was just no time for the more distinctive doodads, talking about Rail Crossing and Foundry specifically.

Chances are that will be looked at eventually.

Trash Player

Scholar
Fuck i have a Complaint, i forgot about how aggravating this is.

3a65badcaf.png

Why is this debuff for 2 fucking minutes????? Its like 24 turns and every single psi hits you with it, it just ends up me fucking around waiting for the debuff to leave after a fight, it is way too long.

Also, finally decided to make a proper melee build but then i saw Versatility and
b2de8897d0.png

It lets you max dex and use Sub machine guns for robots, I will say Vile weaponry is pretty fun, if i eat an eel sandwich then 5AP per punch so 10 punches per round, so trigger glove twice 30% chance to bleed will trigger at least 3 times, so plus 30% damage and 75% debuff to heal, when i get around to taking taste for blood it will be better.

Melee might have been debuffed but its still filled with some fun stuff, also Kevlar balaclava and tabi boots bring 12 Threshold to bullets ignoring body armour, so it does not feel terrible, of course hammer guys will murder you but then hammer guys murder everyone but mid to end game Metal armour.

Here is a side note i forgot apparently Ancient Rathounds are actually demi gods pretending to be an animal, immune to stun, immune to fear, immune to incapacitate, i feel like Styg designed them because he hates dodge builds with a passion, i did the old standby of running away and slamming a door in its face, demi god in a rathound body or no it does not have opposable thumbs, on hard Rathound king has 2 of them i shudder to think about trying a dodge build on Dominating, the buff to enemy hit chance by boosting their weapons skills might actually drive players to gambling at least they would have better odds on the pokies.
Hypothermia lasts that long because it does jack. Defence skills work well(if inefficient and limiting) below Dom if one actually put effort into boosting them. 75 is kinda low in Core with lv 15+ enemies abound, that is 85 base. The mighty Ratzillas are lv 20 with 14 Str to scale their melee skill, so that is 203 effective skill. Hit chance is based on ratio and 1-to-1 is 70%, so...they don't really care about your pathetic defence. Bear traps and the more sophisticated acid traps are your friends.
Check this out to wallow in regret: https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Precision

ciox

Liturgist
Hypothermia is one of those things that seems balanced more for enemy use than for you, kinda like the dodge skills. It's pretty useful for the enemies to put stacks of Hypothermia on you that last forever, the other way around not so much.

Goromorg

Savant
I've seen somewhere that molotovs can remove cryogas clouds + if you step on fire you purge all cold related debuffs.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
I've seen somewhere that molotovs can remove cryogas clouds + if you step on fire you purge all cold related debuffs.
Exothermic aura also gets rid of cryogas and any frost effects. Cryokinesis removes exothermic aura, though.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
What's a convenient way to meet the Ferryman? He's currently in the pirate base - they're not friendly enough to let me enter - should I just alt-tab the game and occasionally ask Yahota until she says he's with the Muties?

Tigranes

Arcane
The mutie & middle of nowhere location (south of the natives location) are always easily accessible. Yeah, speedhack & ask Yahota.

Damianus_NT

Novice
Whats the optimal/safest way to edit chosen quest flags via Hex Editor?
I am 1) unpacking the global.dat file 2) editing the relevant part 3) repacking said file back into global.dat... and while it works my whole map basically disappears (only a handful of locations remain discovered).
Following the instructions from https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1700.0
1. Open your Windows command prompt
2. Navigate to the directory holding your Underrail save using the 'cd' command. Use 'dir' to confirm that you're in the right place: You should see a file called 'global.dat' is there.
3. Copy the Main.exe into this directory with the 'global.dat' file
4. Run this on your command prompt:
Code: [Select]
Main.exe unpack < global.dat > unpacked.dat
5. Search for Abram-related strings like 'npc_abram_saidHeWantsEmbassyInfo' in the 'unpacked.dat' file. They should be grouped somewhat close together.
6. Using the hex editor on the 'unpacked.dat' file, change the 01 byte immediately to the right of each Abram-related string to a 00. Save the file.
7. Repack the file by running the following on your command prompt:
Code: [Select]
Main.exe pack < unpacked.dat > global.dat
8. Reload your save, and then talk to Abram.
Is this method outdated? Can it be done without unpacking the global.dat file?

The goal is to change "npc_tanner_startedTalkingAboutGangSupport" (and 4 entries that follow) into 00, so I can have another shot at involving SGS in the Junkyard gang war.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I did it, men.

After the fifth clown car deployment, I had finally had enough.

24ITpKU.png
I stopped briefly to prepare and organize, then plastered the landing beach with 20 acid blob traps, 10 plasma mine MkIIIs, and a smattering of various bear traps.

Having done this, I embarked on my holy quest, sailing north at top speed. I leaped joyously from my jet ski and gleefully bombed and speared absolutely every single one of those fucking obnoxious pieces of illiterate excrement, down to the last bison calf, very much as God commanded Saul through Samuel to purge the Amalekites. I feel no regret now, no turmoil—only elation and peace.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Whats the optimal/safest way to edit chosen quest flags via Hex Editor?

I did this very thing the other day to cheat my way into Oculus. They weren't going to let me join this playthrough, presumably because I ran my mouth one too many times (just to see the reactions).

Ostensibly this should be easier for you because the lines you need to change are already in the .dat file... probably. You may need to add or remove some to do this cleanly, in which case you'll need an appropriate save file to compare with, or a knowledgeable person used to digging through Underrail's file structure.

Epeli's unpacker/repacker (always repack into custom version added to drop-down menu): https://underrail.info.tm/unpacker/

Hex editor with search function, use to alter and save unpacked .dat files: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Remember to back everything up carefully before messing around in there.

Damianus_NT

Novice
Blaine In my playthrough, after the 5th or 6th attack, the natives ceased their aggression. Main character has been present during every assault and basically did 90% of the job, making sure not a single sec-trooper dies. The expedition supplies became almost depleted regardless, but when they did, there were no more attacks. These are probably set to a specific number, tied into player's progression.

BTW. I tried to force myself to kill the natives... not once, not twice, but three times. Every time I pussy out and reload the save. I pitty the fools. Can't kill them.

EDIT:
Thank you, Blaine, it works!
It is the outdated unpacking tool that was the problem. If I use the one from the link, everything works fine!
Thank you, Sir. You are always mighty helpful.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom