Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another re-release from Haemimont Games, Celtic Kings: Rage of War:

ss_e926c54a9320476eb0a5dfb7d567e83f2c7c7f80.600x338.jpg
ss_39c0b16a349b6ebd2887eff9ad6ad1deeadb6cfe.600x338.jpg

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Most adventure games have some sort of primitive crafting system (usually just combining items). I don't see the problem with actually putting some effort into that.

Dexter

Arcane
If you just want some pure unadultered Space Mehreen action like that Astartes fan movie which game would be recommended? I played 40K: Space Marine by SEGA a few years back and it was kinda okay I guess, but got a bit boring after a while. Also Dawn of War II, but it felt a bit cartoony and forced. The last game I remember playing kinda scratching the itch was Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty.

I was thinking these maybe, but the reviews seem kinda concerning:

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 had a Free Weekend during which you could play freely, I'm about 15 hours on and I'm enjoying it quite a lot so far.

Love the intricate Cinematics they made and the story ain't half bad so far either:

But I can already tell it's probably going to get a bit boring after a few dozen hours of the same-ish fleet battles and system upgrading repeating without much variation.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
If you just want some pure unadultered Space Mehreen action like that Astartes fan movie which game would be recommended? I played 40K: Space Marine by SEGA a few years back and it was kinda okay I guess, but got a bit boring after a while. Also Dawn of War II, but it felt a bit cartoony and forced. The last game I remember playing kinda scratching the itch was Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty.

I was thinking these maybe, but the reviews seem kinda concerning:

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 had a Free Weekend during which you could play freely, I'm about 15 hours on and I'm enjoying it quite a lot so far.

Love the intricate Cinematics they made and the story ain't half bad so far either:

But I can already tell it's probably going to get a bit boring after a few dozen hours of the same-ish fleet battles and system upgrading repeating without much variation.

I played the second one during the free weekend for a few hours and seems interesting,the campaign had a nice for the Emprah 40k feel,what the Kodex Kritical Konsensus on these?
I am mostly interested in the single player campaign and don't really care about the multiplayer

Removal

Scholar
The first game is better than the second but they play almost the same, the second starts off pretty decent but quickly turns into a bunch of samey battles against enemy fleets that spawn in off map
most battles are just skirmish style with a few special missions tossed in here and there, some are okay and some are downright terrible, with the last mission especially falling under this category
not worth it at full price, but it's decent if you snag it on sale

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The first game is better than the second but they play almost the same, the second starts off pretty decent but quickly turns into a bunch of samey battles against enemy fleets that spawn in off map
most battles are just skirmish style with a few special missions tossed in here and there, some are okay and some are downright terrible, with the last mission especially falling under this category
not worth it at full price, but it's decent if you snag it on sale

I think I read somewhere that the first one only has a Imperial campaign,is that true?Because that would make it boring faster

Modron

Arcane
The Castle, a maniac mansion inspired adventure game, came out a day ago

A fishing adventure

:neveraskedforthis:

A game about girls riding bikes in set in the now in vogue 80s

If any genre is over saturated it is the metroidvania.

Kind of slim pickings but Frostpunk got some dlc as well.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yet another game by Frozenbyte, huh. Boreal Blade, a team-based melee fighting game:

ss_4e8c5cbf37af869a0cf1925d742f094d027547ed.600x338.jpg
ss_d1d3f339fee3cf61135d1d8f548eb0643d21f22f.600x338.jpg

Are they that big? Well, 91 employees listed on Linkedin.

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
but the game looks totally bland with weak combat, along with store bought assets and randomly placed chest high walls - why the interest at all?

Shadows of Kepler is a sci-fi survival horror game. It includes elements from games like Resident Evil 7, Dead Space, Alien Isolation, Fallout 3 and Metro Exodus. Explore this new planet and new environment very carefully. Welcome to the world of Shadows of Kepler.

Pre-order and support on Kickstarter: COMING SOON
Play the demo on Steam: COMING SOON
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Shadows-of-K...
Homepage: https://www.shadowsofkepler.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shadowsofke...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HoleInfinite

Modron

Arcane

Baron Dupek

Arcane
out of Early Accesss and -80% discount

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution includes additional enemies and 8 brand new campaign maps, including an epic new boss you can scrap with. Revolution is powered by an updated Serious Engine 1 featuring all-new advanced graphics shader support, full 64-bit compatibility, and Steamworks integration.

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution is a standalone product and it is completely free to owners of original Serious Sam Classic games on Steam (Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter).

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Who cares about the Serious Sam 'Classics' rebundled for the millionth time. I want the new one of which we've heard nothing since they announced it so very long ago.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Who cares about the Serious Sam 'Classics' rebundled for the millionth time. I want the new one of which we've heard nothing since they announced it so very long ago.

I do. This is very cool news, as the original non-HD versions of First and Second Encounter are still pretty fun to play, especially with friends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom