Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
so ive delt with acorn, looks like ive finished dlc but clearly big chunk of quest/lore im missing

- i got a shard piece
- ferryman told me about his encounter with natives and his use of shard
- i was able to talk with npc native by raising my int. Exhausted all the options

and thats it. no further follow ups. Already killed all the named natives, there was at least 1 black stone(excluding one in submerged station) that I couldnt interact with. Also some cranks in boneyard. Anyone can point me in right direction?

also, is there a list of potential acorn buyers? Each appear to have an unique piece of info which id like to exhaust
You could always keep the acorn for yourself, thats what I did. Maybe I can find the code in Underrail 2, who knows.

ciox

Liturgist
I've played Oddity-only a few times, but just lately it involves far too much metagaming for my tastes, especially now with veteran levels that require MMO-like quantities of XP (in either system) to attain.

Yeah, I see you guys swapping tips on where to find this or that unique Oddity, checking every single trash can and rock, and raising Pickpocketing like a bunch of weirdos.

It's a good system in terms of alternative XP gain, but Classic is fine too.

It always felt like it forced you into taking lockpicking and hacking for your skills, otherwise you'd level up quite slowly
That's true, but I always felt that even if skill points were getting drained, getting feats a bit faster was still worth it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so i heard the naives will not stop attacking your camp until you wiped them out. since the quest requires you to travel back and forth, and it would be annoying to go back and defend your cap, i just went and violated every geneva convention agreement on them. so there are pretty much no way to make peace right? i pretty much just committed an ethnic cleansing.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
so i heard the naives will not stop attacking your camp until you wiped them out. since the quest requires you to travel back and forth, and it would be annoying to go back and defend your cap, i just went and violated every geneva convention agreement on them. so there are pretty much no way to make peace right? i pretty much just committed an ethnic cleansing.
Congratulations, Hitler. Did you feel good wiping out those filthy, savage, minorities? Bigot. Flottsormir is a religion of peace.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Congratulations, Hitler. Did you feel good wiping out those filthy, savage, minorities? Bigot. Flottsormir is a religion of peace.
it was kinda fun with my overpowered psi char meticulously and methodically wiping them out. My favorite is using enrage on their mutant warrior, and cast a barrier and watch them kill each other, then finish the rest off with cyro orb or pyro blast.

Anyway, i am level 22, so it is pretty much overlevelled for expedition?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I think there are more natives than SGS, hathor, rail crossing and junkyard combined.

We can get yngwar to communicate, it is their fault they attack people on sight.

Damianus_NT

Novice
I definitely see why people do complain about the lategame but... damn, so far I enjoy the Deep Caverns a lot.
Just spent over an hour on reading and noting down all the loredumps in the Caerus Residential. With a proper mindset and approach, this shit is really enjoyable.
Dude...

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
You're the one that fills out a dollhouse full of jet skis and whatever and spends hours generating the maximum possible cash in a game where you are effectively a millionaire without trying.

I didn't say that I wasn't a weirdo as well. I'm just a different kind of weirdo, and not the ass-grabbing, trashcan-microscopy kind.

Why play Oddity? Because finding oddities in nooks and crannies is fun. I'm sure you can squeeze tons more XP killing shit on Classic if you wanted to. I don't see why I'd bother.

You can collect Oddities in Classic mode, too, and they're worth nice bits of bonus XP―so if finding interesting tidbits in nooks and crannies is the draw, Classic is fine too.

You're the type of guy who likes to humblebrag about how low your character level was when you went through Depot A or wherever. Personally, I think that first-time players can use all the help they can get, including a few extra levels. Besides, Oddity starts to catch up with Classic by midgame; by the late game, there's actually very little if any difference between the two in terms of speed of progression, unless you want to grind siphoners for hours or some such madness.

Tigranes

Arcane
You're the one that fills out a dollhouse full of jet skis and whatever and spends hours generating the maximum possible cash in a game where you are effectively a millionaire without trying.

I didn't say that I wasn't a weirdo as well. I'm just a different kind of weirdo, and not the ass-grabbing, trashcan-microscopy kind.

Why play Oddity? Because finding oddities in nooks and crannies is fun. I'm sure you can squeeze tons more XP killing shit on Classic if you wanted to. I don't see why I'd bother.

You can collect Oddities in Classic mode, too, and they're worth nice bits of bonus XP―so if finding interesting tidbits in nooks and crannies is the draw, Classic is fine too.

You're the type of guy who likes to humblebrag about how low your character level was when you went through Depot A or wherever. Personally, I think that first-time players can use all the help they can get, including a few extra levels. Besides, Oddity starts to catch up with Classic by midgame; by the late game, there's actually very little if any difference between the two in terms of speed of progression, unless you want to grind siphoners for hours or some such madness.

You seem really insistent on chasing people down and insinuating things. Why? It's a single player game, it's not a competition.

You claimed that Oddity players go around "checking every single trash can and rock" and shit, so I posted how if you just play naturally, you'll end up with levels that are on the low side, but playable. The point of the discussion here is that Oddity doesn't require OCD hunting, and it seems to me Classic can easily get you overleveled. If someone wants to do that for kicks or for their first playthrough or whatever, that's perfectly fine with me.

And now you want to say if I talk about my level going in Depot A it's all some e-penis waving. I remember you had claimed - see a pattern? - that it's ludicrous to go in before level 10 or something (IIRC). I disagreed because I regularly do so, and wondered if you knew something from your 3 million hours that I didn't, or if there was some difference across builds.

So what exactly is the problem? Are you a lesser man if you go to Depot A one level higher? Clearly that's nonsense. Maybe we just want to talk about different experiences with Oddity/Classic, build types, difficulty, and play styles?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I'm honestly just shook at the amount of people playing normal? Yeah, it's definitely hard your first time around, but I've literally never played normal since and the game is still "easy" for me at this point.

hell bovine

Arcane
Why is it so surprising? I've been playing UR on hard, but I'd switch to normal now were it possible midgame. After the expedition spawns my interest in challenging battles got replaced by 'the faster it's over, the better'.

ciox

Liturgist
Classic levels you much faster which makes it great for Dominating. Perhaps for very crazy builds too, think I'll use it for the Shield Punch Man.

hell bovine

Arcane
that was helpful
i havent noticed crank in the graveyard before or it wasnt there before you speak to ferryman. Anyway I managed to get the torch, destroyed black piece from altar and... thats it? just 2xp oddity? I guess i was supposed to get it earlier and helm me in underwater base?
Expected more to the story. I assume my int boosted to 8 wasnt enough to talk with native npc properly.
I dont feel like suffering through loading screens and jetski refuels, just spoil me the rest plz
There is nothing to spoil, you've guessed right. You get the same oddity from the underwater one and that's it.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Fuck i may need to start a new game, or load some old builds.

cf3c376a04.png

If you take the time to loot arena people (taser comes in handy here) then you can get some fun stuff, this is like 3 rd person as well and the armour i amazing, 5 str can wear this hell 3 str can wear this. and its better then most armours, the 10 action point cost is annoying but with that DT? Who the fuck cares.

Tigranes

Arcane
Fuck i may need to start a new game, or load some old builds.

cf3c376a04.png

If you take the time to loot arena people (taser comes in handy here) then you can get some fun stuff, this is like 3 rd person as well and the armour i amazing, 5 str can wear this hell 3 str can wear this. and its better then most armours, the 10 action point cost is annoying but with that DT? Who the fuck cares.

That really isn't a super-wonderful armour. If you're a 3 CON build then you probably built around DEX/AGI. There are other places you can get it from, too.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Um, go for it bro. Lmk how that build works out for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom