Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Blackmill

Scholar
Alright, I'm making progress. I got to the good jet skis by stealing one of the crummy ones from outside, then riding it through the gate. Now to see if I can snag one of them.

Alright, I give up. You can actually steal the Devastator without turning any of the cameras orange or red. But Styg appears to have put in a fail safe. Taking any jet ski past the gate automatically makes core city hostile. Regardless of if any person (or camera) saw you. Just a single tile past the gate triggers hostility. Too bad... I feel like this could be a fun area for characters that really went all in on stealth.

But you can steal one of the junk jets parked outside the gate.

Last edited:
Any advice on where to find top quality PSI beetle shells? Best I've found is 60ish from the goliath beetles near Core City.
They're randomly generated, so there's no trick to it. You just have to keep farming goliaths until they drop a good one.
You can save scum for high quality by saving/loading outside a zone with beetles that have respawned. Doesn't work if you haven't killed them once already though. The original beetles (and all creatures) have their drops set as soon as you begin the game, but respawns are only generated as you enter the zone they're in so saving/loading works.

ciox

Liturgist
Don't click on these links if you don't want to be spoilered, it's mined data. You've been warned.
Had some success in deobfuscating Underrail, thought someone here might be interested.
Here's what I assume is all the possible endings: https://pastebin.com/kGHDKNXF
Here's what I assume is all the possible quest log updates: https://pastebin.com/xVx0R15T
huh

so you can make Todd join pirates after all, I couldn't make that happen. Cap'n didn't care about Todd and neither did Donnie seem to care

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Codex Year of the Donut
Had some success in deobfuscating Underrail, thought someone here might be interested.
Aw, got my hopes up for nothing. That's just decompiled, not deobfuscated.
That is deobfuscated, he's using dotfuscator.
There's no way to restore the symbol names, they're gone for good.
This is what most of the code looks like when it's obfuscated, across ~6500 files:
yj9T63T.png

Black Angel

Arcane
I want to ask a lore question. The common opinion here seems to be, that wiping out the natives is (morally) the right thing to do. What are the arguments for doing so? I remember some of their backstory but maybe I'm missing some details? Trying to roleplay as "neutral-good" mercenary, one has to think about the fact that, while not shown in the game, there have to be some children amongst the natives' population. I need some motivation to dominate them all.
I see that no one answered you this, and it seems you've missed some spoilers I and others put in previous pages, but here you go anyway:
If you pay attention to all the things in the Substation, especially those in the Special R&D Department, the natives are actually the descendants of the subislanders who were part of the Special R&D and killed a lot of people before storming out of the Substation, most likely under the influence and corruption of the Flottsormir, by way of the Shadowlith. I even vaguely remembered encountering a drawing of the natives rune somewhere in the Special R&D, the one you can see in Expedition wallpaper and also as oddities.

By these facts alone, the natives are an abomination and thus should be culled accordingly.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Any advice on where to find top quality PSI beetle shells? Best I've found is 60ish from the goliath beetles near Core City.
They're randomly generated, so there's no trick to it. You just have to keep farming goliaths until they drop a good one.
You can save scum for high quality by saving/loading outside a zone with beetles that have respawned. Doesn't work if you haven't killed them once already though. The original beetles (and all creatures) have their drops set as soon as you begin the game, but respawns are only generated as you enter the zone they're in so saving/loading works.

What do you mean by Zone? Is that the individual room, a collection of rooms, or the entire map as shown in-game? Should I save in Core City, exit, run to the lower passages, then kill beetles? Or can I save outside the entrance to the lower caves?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Okay.

Whoever invented those Locusts fuckers can feel proud. He is a first class sadist.

Even when I win against their hordes and manage to destroy their nests, usually parasitic infection kicks in and I die shortly after the combat.

Seriously, what the actual fuck? The game used to be difficult before, but it was never unfair. Now I feel like someone is taking a piss here.

ciox

Liturgist
Okay.

Whoever invented those Locusts fuckers can feel proud. He is a first class sadist.

Even when I win against their hordes and manage to destroy their nests, usually parasitic infection kicks in and I die shortly after the combat.

Seriously, what the actual fuck? The game used to be difficult before, but it was never unfair. Now I feel like someone is taking a piss here.
I guess they are so brutal because they can be hard countered with the right gear.

The real troll is when you shit out a locust because of the parasiting, and it kills you. That will probably be an achievement eventually.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Don't click on these links if you don't want to be spoilered, it's mined data. You've been warned.
Here's what I assume is all the possible quest log updates: https://pastebin.com/xVx0R15T
hmm, so this stuff is all hard-coded in the executable - meaning, changing it requires recompilation... that's a bit amateurish, but not unexpected tbh

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

What do you mean by Zone? Is that the individual room, a collection of rooms, or the entire map as shown in-game? Should I save in Core City, exit, run to the lower passages, then kill beetles? Or can I save outside the entrance to the lower caves?
load screen with autosave.

I believe goliaths have higher quality shells.

I've save-scummed the goliaths already and only got around 60 quality, I was wondering if that was the ceiling or if there were higher level goliaths anywhere.

Parabalus

Arcane

load screen with autosave.

I believe goliaths have higher quality shells.

I've save-scummed the goliaths already and only got around 60 quality, I was wondering if that was the ceiling or if there were higher level goliaths anywhere.
psi crabs in expedition are probably better for you, they go high in quality. But then I wouldnt know, never really played with psi

Not worth it, you get ridiculous armor penalty for +5 psi skills. They also don't have the 10% discount but have +2 regen, which is much worse.

There are 5 goliaths in front of Hanging Rat (north of Rail crossing train station), and another pack a bit further north, that's prob your best bet. They respawn pretty often as well.

The quality is just random, if it irks you you can CE their quality.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This is what most of the code looks like when it's obfuscated, across ~6500 files:
yj9T63T.png

this is what happens when the game designer is autistic about his choices

people will decompile, deobfuscate and rape his source code

Edit: Styg please show us on the doll where FUN touched you

Parabalus

Arcane
yj9T63T.png

this is what happens when the game designer is autistic about his choices

people will decompile, deobfuscate and rape his source code

People can't mod your bad balance changes if you obfuscate enough
:fuuyeah:

hell bovine

Arcane
Okay.

Welcome to the club. What I don't get is how the locusts made it past beta testing. Did no one give negative feedback?!

A single encounter could be excused; one hive at the bottom of the tower would be a curiosity. But here you get multiple hives, which all spawn multiple identical enemy units, resulting in a zergling rush of epic proportions. Even if you can stealth you aren't spared unless you know how to approach the island without alerting a hive. Watch that action bar turn and turn, and turn...

People can't mod your bad balance changes if you obfuscate enough
:fuuyeah:
Styg is a Nosferatu. edit: a Malkavian. Now that would explain the design choices.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
And sometimes it's fun just for the challenge, which should always be the true appeal obviously.

True, it relieves you of your burden "I musht kill zhem for zheir EXSHPIRIENSHE POINTS".

But I think you’ll be caught during the hot wiring which doesn’t benefit from the Burglar feat.

Really? Try to report it, I think it will be fixed - Burglar isn't compeling feat on it's own, not telling about not affecting hotwiring jetski.

]take the parts out, buy it super cheap, then put the parts back in and sell it for more than it was worth and make bookoos of charons.

You can do that without lifting a finger - with just high enough Mercantile...

Styg won't like this dude. Just as I don't like it.
THose who do this play different game than those who play actual Underrail to see that.

Last edited:

jewboy

Arbiter
I just tried to start this game, but quit due to cooldowns. I won't play a game with cooldowns. It means that the combat sucks and the devs are incompetent. What the hell happened to the dex. Uninstalling...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom